Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discussion for other schools in Arkansas in this forum

Started by Lanny, April 06, 2015, 07:07:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

April 06, 2015, 07:07:35 am Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:18:35 pm by Seminole Indian
Discuss your school you attended in this forum
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Lanny

For example, I attended UALR.............Who is the next basketball coach for the Trojans?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Lanny on April 06, 2015, 07:08:44 am
For example, I attended UALR.............Who is the next basketball coach for the Trojans?
ULAR fans that have commented seem to think a decision has been made and an announcement will come after the NCAA final.

Assuming these guys are still the leading candidates: Darrell Walker,Joe Kleine, Mark Downey, Chris Beard , and Philip Pearson.

I liked Downey, but unsure what the effect of the firing of Chris Jans', has had on his being available or if it hurt his chances.

Most A-State fans wish John Brady were on that list.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dropkick

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 06, 2015, 08:52:21 am
ULAR fans that have commented seem to think a decision has been made and an announcement will come after the NCAA final.

Assuming these guys are still the leading candidates: Darrell Walker,Joe Kleine, Mark Downey, Chris Beard , and Philip Pearson.

I liked Downey, but unsure what the effect of the firing of Chris Jans', has had on his being available or if it hurt his chances.

Most A-State fans wish John Brady were on that list.

ASU doesn't care about basketball, they are gonna be the Boise of the south in football.......................................

Seminole Indian

The Boise of anywhere is so last year, or was it the year before. Last AD for sure.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Seems to be more support for the latter.

Everyone seems to think the choice has been made, and expects a press conference Wednesday.

Seminole Indian

This should be enough 'priming the pump' , while at the same time 'testing the waters', for this forum.

It is what it says it is, a forum for Other Arkansas Colleges and Universities,  and as you can see, Razorback fans are more than tolerant of other state schools.........within reason, and on the right forum.

I appreciate Lanny providing it, I will use it, but unfortunately A-State is the only Arkansas school I know anything about, so that limits me.

Even though we are heading into the closest thing to an  'off-season',   there is in college sports (and I kick into high gear in recruiting), hopefully others will utilize this forum, while they stay up on all things Razorback.

PorkRinds

It seems like you basically got your own forum.  Congrats!

Seminole Indian

Well the timing on starting this is a little off, would have been better to start around august, so I though I would prime the pump a little bit, and test the waters.

It is my experience that many fans of other schools are also Razorback fans so they may visit from time to time, especially the UCA folks.

My focus will now shifts to recruiting, and fishing.

maxhog5

Lyon College back when it was AC.   Looking forward to its first football season this fall although I figure it will be brutal.