Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State Adds QB Commit

Started by Seminole Indian, May 01, 2024, 09:34:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

A-State picked up a critical portal commit from UCF QB Timmy McClain who had three starts for UCF and  started for USF prior to joining them.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Another recent comit is from Jayden Jones, a 6-5" 256lb DE from SMU.

A-State lost two promising players at that position to the Portal, but Butch Jomes had added a couple of DE's as mid-Term additions that went through spring practice.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Seminole Indian

Yesterday at 08:37:46 pm #2 Last Edit: Today at 09:28:32 am by Seminole Indian
Added a commit from CB Adrian Cole (5-11, 185) who started out at Syracuse then followed his Coach to FIU.

ON3 Portal Profile: https://www.on3.com/db/adrian-cole-1633/

Again A-State is adding much needed maturity, playing experience, along with a talented player at a position where they have some very talented underclassmen but are really young overall. They found out last year there is a downside from being one of the youngest teams in FBS.

AStateNation has published a list of players that have committed this spring behind their paywall, but not all of them have  been made public. Included in the list are a highly rated LB and DE, which are positions where A-State took some late hits through the Portal or for other reasons.  Both were 4-Star recruits out of HS.