Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need a link ChiefsFan

Started by HoggyCat, January 26, 2012, 12:09:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

Where is the proof that espn has chosen asu as one of the three schools nationally that they will be at on signing day? I've found nothing on the net about it. A State Nation keeps reporting it. Plus, they just had an espn recruiting reporter on and asked him about it and he had no clue and has not heard anything about it.

Man, that 10-3 season has y'all so freakin delusional.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ADAM_713

I wonder if this means the talk is true that gus flipped dgb.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

reghog

I bet Kristy is thrilled with this news!  ;)

HoggyCat

They REALLY think they're gaining national attention. They sound pathetic.

103.9 The Game for those that are wondering. 1039thegame.com for live stream.

secfan1

I've actually heard this on numerous radio stations. Don't be too upset when it happens. And remember...most of the ASU fans don't miss hog games. They understand that the hog athletes in big picture are representing the state nationally. To me that is all it's about anyways, making the state as a whole look good. All this asu vs u of a stuff on his gets old. Just let them all win, but in a realistic way....no asu you aren't beating oregon and nebraska nor stealing a linebacker recruit from the hogs. Zero legs to it.

pigelow

who in the world would they sign that a national audience would give a flip about  :puke:

HoggyCat

I do have to question the AJ Turner deal. Why were UA coaches right back in Lepanto two days after the kid was in Fayetteville?

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 26, 2012, 12:35:21 pm
I do have to question the AJ Turner deal. Why were UA coaches right back in Lepanto two days after the kid was in Fayetteville?

It doesn't matter b/c Turner told them yesterday that he isn't coming to jonesboro this weekend for the official and that he is all hog..  They are gonna talk about what they can and try to piss Hog fans off..  Just let them be my friend.. 

beansandtaters

Quote from: pigelow on January 26, 2012, 12:34:55 pm
who in the world would they sign that a national audience would give a flip about  :puke:

hahaha...this^^^. I'm even a graduate of ASU as well as UA and I still say this^^^^^.

secfan1

The turner stuff was all bologna started by astatenation. Never any legs to it. Not at all. 100 percent.

Kicking Wing

DGB tried to commit to ASU but Gus backed off and withdrew the offer.

chiefsfan

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 26, 2012, 12:09:01 pm
Where is the proof that espn has chosen asu as one of the three schools nationally that they will be at on signing day? I've found nothing on the net about it. A State Nation keeps reporting it. Plus, they just had an espn recruiting reporter on and asked him about it and he had no clue and has not heard anything about it.

Man, that 10-3 season has y'all so freakin delusional.

At the time, the rumor had been started by a recruit.  He mentioned ESPN coming in an interview and mentioned that we had been promising recruits this.

We believe at this point that Gus is one of the 30 college coaches that they will be checking in on.  Remember ASU has a bigger name nationally this year because of Gus, and we will get more national  attention simply because he is the head coach.

As for Turner...He should be yours...though I do admit if he suddenly decided to swith this would be an interesting place to read.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 26, 2012, 12:35:21 pm

its a simple response to us pushing hard.   Turner is our #1 focus right now in recruiting.

Turner may have told him he isnt flipping, but I imagine its difficult to trust the word of an 18 year old kid.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 26, 2012, 02:58:35 pm
its a simple response to us pushing hard.   Turner is our #1 focus right now in recruiting.

Turner may have told him he isnt flipping, but I imagine its difficult to trust the word of an 18 year old kid.
Evidently the few A State fans in that area are harrasing his mom. He's a Hog and it has never been in doubt. This is the reason I hope these stupid ass Injun fans never win another game. They just lost the best coach they will ever have. Ole Gus is not Jesus!! He's just not!

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 26, 2012, 02:56:38 pm
At the time, the rumor had been started by a recruit.  He mentioned ESPN coming in an interview and mentioned that we had been promising recruits this.

We believe at this point that Gus is one of the 30 college coaches that they will be checking in on.  Remember ASU has a bigger name nationally this year because of Gus, and we will get more national  attention simply because he is the head coach.

As for Turner...He should be yours...though I do admit if he suddenly decided to swith this would be an interesting place to read.

I have zero doubt that stAte will get 5 times the amout of national coverage and be 5 times more nationally relevant with Gus as head coach.

Problem is, 5 times 0 is still zero...
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

chiefsfan

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 26, 2012, 03:01:44 pm
Evidently the few A State fans in that area are harrasing his mom. He's a Hog and it has never been in doubt. This is the reason I hope these stupid ass Injun fans never win another game. They just lost the best coach they will ever have. Ole Gus is not Jesus!! He's just not!

Sort of like Razorback fans are harrasing Doral Green Beckham on twitter?

NeverYield

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 26, 2012, 03:04:23 pm
Sort of like Razorback, OU, Texas, Mizzou, and 116 other teams fans are harrasing Dorial Green Beckham on twitter?
There now.
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

HoggyCat

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 26, 2012, 02:56:38 pm

What those idiots are saying is, and I quite, "ASU was chosen as ONE OF THREE schools that espn will have live reports from on NSD."

Not one of 30 highlight schools.

Kicking Wing

Yes, because internet message boards never have outlandish rumors, especially this one.

The Turner thing gre because the kid is local and has attended lots of practices and games at ASU this year so as the razorback class started filling up some people started to speculate.  As rumors go, you could see hte logic in it.

It is 6 days before signing day.  There are more important things to be worried about.

ricepig

January 26, 2012, 04:29:45 pm #19 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:31:31 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Kicking Wing on January 26, 2012, 04:20:31 pm
Yes, because internet message boards never have outlandish rumors, especially this one.

The Turner thing gre because the kid is local and has attended lots of practices and games at ASU this year so as the razorback class started filling up some people started to speculate.  As rumors go, you could see hte logic in it.

It is 6 days before signing day.  There are more important things to be worried about.

What important things would that be?

secfan1

He is too nice of a guy to tell ASU no. 17 year old kid. That is understood. No interest in ASU. The stuff about his mom..true. James Bryant made everything out of control with rumors and Turner and family had to put a stop to it.