Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clint Conque takes a swipe at Hogs schedule?

Started by Ironhawg, September 13, 2010, 12:47:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhawg

Does anybody know where to find the article where Clint Conque takes a shot at Arkansas about their schedule?  I heard Grant Hall talking about it on the radio this morning, but did not hear where the quote came from.

razorback3072

didn't hear it and couldn't find it anywhere.  Without having heard the context, could this be another attempt at getting the UofA to prop up a smaller in-state school?
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

The Boar War

I always held UCA in higher regard.  I hadn't heard them talking about playing the University so I figured they just understood their role in the grand scheme of things.

Some of these schools should probably think before they start asking their fans to choose between the Bears/Red Wolves and the Hogs.  As it stands right now you can cheer for both.

razorback3072

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 13, 2010, 12:47:12 pm
Does anybody know where to find the article where Clint Conque takes a shot at Arkansas about their schedule?  I heard Grant Hall talking about it on the radio this morning, but did not hear where the quote came from.

What did Grant say Conque said?
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 13, 2010, 12:47:12 pm
If I were UCA I don't think I'd be too anxious to be quoted about ANYTHING these days.

Mr. Porkleone

Hum......

At Georgia
Alabama
At Texas A&M
At Auburn
At South Carolina
At Mississippi State
LSU

Unless it was a swipe about how tough it is, but if it was about being soft, dude is stupid

PennHOG

Who the heck is Clint Conque and why do we care?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on September 13, 2010, 01:08:54 pm
Hum......

At Georgia
Alabama
At Texas A&M
At Auburn
At South Carolina
At Mississippi State
LSU

Unless it was a swipe about how tough it is, but if it was about being soft, dude is stupid

Where's OM?  ;)

Seriously, where was he when we were slugging it out through last years murderers row.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Pulled(PP)pork

was the interview at home or at his mistress' house?

PP

selfexplanatory

This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Pulledpork on September 13, 2010, 01:20:22 pm
was the interview at home or at his mistress' house?

Might've been the latter if Mrs. Conque's thrown him out.

Surely Clint knows better than to take a shot at our schedule, being that his team beat St. Dumpster Mattress State the other day.

RedRock

Fatman

Why would you listen to that show and I am surprised that he even talked football with an LPGA tournament in town over the weekend!!

1highhog

I thought we had a schedule this year that was ranked in the top 10 as one of the toughest in the Nation

Shag66

Quote from: 1highhog on September 13, 2010, 02:39:26 pm
I thought we had a schedule this year that was ranked in the top 10 as one of the toughest in the Nation

Clint Conque can kiss my Razorback lovin' behind... 

osumed14

September 13, 2010, 02:43:25 pm #15 Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:47:34 pm by osumed14
I can't be sure but in the past it was more of an issue of giving Monroe and Tenn Tech all that money and letting them have home attendance instead of keeping the money in state.  Like I said I can not be sure but in the past any time he has talked about U of A it has been more in that light and never questioning the toughness of our schedule.  And shouldn't we find out what he actually said, if anything, which no one seems to even know before we completely rip the guy?

SquidBilly

Houston Nutt lite should just keep his yap shut.

Root66

Who's Clint Conque?

Wait a minute...it just clicked. Isn't he  the dude at some small college in Arkansas that was having an extramarital affair with some college coed? Or his secretary? Or some TV chic?

Arctic Hog

I did a Google search for Clint Conque and this popped up.  Sounds eerily familiar...LOL    ;D

UCA officials partially comply with FOIA request for Conque ...
21 Jul 2010... request from the Log Cabin Democrat concerning university-owned electronic communications devices by head football coach Clint Conque, ...
thecabin.net/.../uca-officials-partially-comply-foia-request-conque-records - Cached

jgphillips3

Maybe this is just Conque's way of trying to become another ASU.  Perhaps it is his way of begging to be the sacrificial lamb to the Razorbacks as one of our two available non-conference games.  Maybe he wants that payday and to play the Razorbacks in War Memorial.  I'm all for that.  If we are going to schedule FCS teams, why not whip their butt instead of Louisiana Monroe?

caneybuck

Quote from: 1highhog on September 13, 2010, 02:39:26 pm
I read an article last week that said we had the fourth toughest schedule based on preseason rankings.

RAF

Quote from: osumed14 on September 13, 2010, 02:43:25 pm
I can't be sure but in the past it was more of an issue of giving Monroe and Tenn Tech all that money and letting them have home attendance instead of keeping the money in state.  Like I said I can not be sure but in the past any time he has talked about U of A it has been more in that light and never questioning the toughness of our schedule.  And shouldn't we find out what he actually said, if anything, which no one seems to even know before we completely rip the guy?
Regardless of whether we "should" play instate teams, in the grand scheme of things, where does it matter where the money goes, i.e., instate vs. out-of-state?  The notion of "keeping money in the state" works in terms of tax revenue, but I didn't realize that the UA had any responsibility to fund UCA's (or ASU's, ect) athletic dept.

KlubhouseKonnected

September 13, 2010, 03:59:01 pm #22 Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:52:37 pm by KlubhouseKonnected
UCA needs to thank us for the Quarterbacks and then STFU.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Shag66

ASU and UCA want the U of A to subsidize their athletic programs, risk fracturing the U of A fanbase, and risk national embarrassment if we ever lose to them...

Anything else we can do for ya Clint?  Can we build ya a stadium or something?  Maybe get you a new bus to travel in?

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 13, 2010, 03:59:01 pm
UCA needs to thank us for the Quarterbacks and the STFU.
And everyone else we've provided them over the years. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you......

Ironhawg

Grant said after UCA beat E. Illinois that Conque said something about E. Illinois wasnt Tennessee Tech.  Vernon Tarver chimed in and said Conque has no room to talk considering UCA's week 1 opponent.

oldbear

Conque is just being himself. He can get just as much money by playing any other Division 1A, I refuse to use the new designations, and not sound whiny. He is pretty much a jerk.

Chad In Real Life

hmmm

# 1 Alabama
# 13 South Carolina
# 16 Auburn
# 15 LSU

plus a decent TAMU and Georgia

I wonder....
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Got_da_captain

Conque is a nobody. They need to do something in FCS before venturing into D1a stadiums, After they play tulsa they'll shut up in conway. plus in state games are overated ASU plays Auburn(SEC) and indiana(BIG10) they dont need an arkansas game on their schedule

H O G S

Yeah, he is hammering us Hogs over on the "Does a Purple Bear stuff in the Woods?" message board.

Got_da_captain

Well UCA doesnt impree me at all..They are wannabes. NO.3 in the state and will always be

Marshfieldhog

Didn't clint have the hdn syndrome..aka donna bragg?

Choctaw Hog

H O G S

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 13, 2010, 06:23:16 pm
Didn't clint have the hdn syndrome..aka donna bragg?

I think CC actually banged a hot one.  Possibly Co-ed

IronHog

Quote from: Shag66 on September 13, 2010, 04:07:01 pm
ASU and UCA want the U of A to subsidize their athletic programs, risk fracturing the U of A fanbase, and risk national embarrassment if we ever lose to them...

Anything else we can do for ya Clint?  Can we build ya a stadium or something?  Maybe get you a new bus to travel in?

If Arkansas is really a "big time" program they should not be afraid play any non-top 20 type D1 program.

OOC games vs. AState and UCA would be much more interesting than what we have suffered though the past two weeks, and would actually create a good deal more excitement overall.

Play AState in WMS and charge twice the normal amount for tickets.  Play UCA at RRS and sell all the tickets you want.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Shag66

Quote from: IronHog on September 13, 2010, 06:34:11 pm

If Arkansas is really a "big time" program they should not be afraid play any non-top 20 type D1 program.

OOC games vs. AState and UCA would be much more interesting than what we have suffered though the past two weeks, and would actually create a good deal more excitement overall.

Play AState in WMS and charge twice the normal amount for tickets.  Play UCA at RRS and sell all the tickets you want.

I don't think the U of A is AFRAID to play ASU or UCA...  The question is still WHY SHOULD THEY?  They have NOTHING to gain and everything to lose...  ASU and UCA would just reap a windfall and have nothing to lose...  Screw em'  They should have built their programs the way Arkansas did...  I'm sure at points in history they were comperable... It isn't the U of A's fault ASU and UCA don't have better football programs it is their fault...

IronHog

Quote from: Shag66 on September 13, 2010, 06:43:45 pm
I don't think the U of A is AFRAID to play ASU or UCA...  The question is still WHY SHOULD THEY?  They have NOTHING to gain and everything to lose...  ASU and UCA would just reap a windfall and have nothing to lose...  Screw em'  They should have built their programs the way Arkansas did...  I'm sure at points in history they were comperable... It isn't the U of A's fault ASU and UCA don't have better football programs it is their fault...

Arkansas can generate more revenue and create more excitement for the Razorback program by playing these schools.  Instead of playing a rent a win in a half empty RRS on Halloween again they could play one of these programs.

The only drawback for the Hogs is the risk of losing on the field.  UCA or AState will never have the resources to be a BCS program or challenge the Hogs as the state's top program.

Heck they play SW Missouri and that is more of an instate game for UAF than UCA ever will be............

LZH

Quote from: Root66 on September 13, 2010, 02:46:06 pm
Who's Clint Conque?

Wait a minute...it just clicked. Isn't he  the dude at some small college in Arkansas that was having an extramarital affair with some college coed? Or his secretary? Or some TV chic?

And we're making fun of him?...(JK).

I say go for it.  Might as well talk a little smack, your chances of playing the U of A is no better than ASU's.  So what.  Go Bears.

IronHog

Quote from: LedZepHog on September 13, 2010, 06:56:02 pm
And we're making fun of him?...(JK).

I say go for it.  Might as well talk a little smack, your chances of playing the U of A is no better than ASU's.  So what.  Go Bears.

UCA knocked ASU all over the field a few years back in a close loss (had a couple Hog transfers on the OL), now AState won't play UCA either.............

LZH

Quote from: IronHog on September 13, 2010, 07:00:21 pm

UCA knocked ASU all over the field a few years back in a close loss (had a couple Hog transfers on the OL), now AState won't play UCA either.............

I still say in 10-15 years, UCA will be in a Division 1A league (maybe Conference USA) and ASU will be begging the Sun Belt (or equivalent) conference to keep them.

98hogs

FATBACKHAWG

oldbear

I will defend my Alma mater even though I will not defend Conque. The UA has always had the advantage of being the preeminent university in this state in every way. UCA has done a great job of coming from having fewer than 6,000 students and a second rate athletic program in the mid 80's to being arguably the second most attractive destination in Arkansas.

UCA will not be UA. However, I do believe they are well on their way to surpassing ASU in every way. I am not an advocate of a UA/UCA game. I believe UCA can and should go play money games against true D1 schools. They will get better for it. It will help Arkansas football in general. And finally, maybe someone will hire Conque away and I can cheer for them a little again.

TechHog

He's pissed because hootie isn't here to supply him with QB's....

IronHog

Diamond State Kickoff Classic Brought to You by WAL-Marks

UA vs AState

WMS opening weekend every year.

Split the Stadium in half and charge 2.5X's normal ticket price.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waaaaay more FUN than ULM or Tenn Tech.

LZH

Quote from: IronHog on September 13, 2010, 07:58:43 pm

UA vs AState

You know, I wrote Orville Henry several years back with this very idea in mind (prompted by one of his rants on why playing ASU would be ridiculous)...I said it would be better than watching us get our a$$ kicked by SMU (this was in the mid-'90's).  I was sure he'd respond with some kind of smart-ass reply...........he didn't.

budcampbellfan

Talk about irrelevant!  What Clint Conque thinks about Arkansas' schedule.

He was probably talking about our non-conf. schedule, though.  I'm sure he wants on it.  And, if memory serves me right, Grant Hall is a hugger.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Wild Bill Hog

RedRock

Conque should play a superior team like Lousiana Tech.  Afterall, he was their OC before UCA.

jesterzzn

Quote from: IronHog on September 13, 2010, 07:58:43 pm

UA vs AState

ASU wouldn't sell even half their tickets @ $100+ each.  Hell, UA might not even sell out at that price.

Of all the lame UA vs. ASU ideas I've seen, this is one of the worst.