Ridgerunners
65 (13.5%)
Ridgeraiders
24 (5%)
Thunderbirds
52 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 454

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

SiriusHog™

Quote from: bigyellowdog on November 14, 2007, 09:24:46 pm
How about something really unique such as the interior decorators, flight attendants, or floral designers?

how about the Arkansas State Hairstylists?

EL' MAHOG

I guess it finally rained, its down to 85, I bet the fish are bitin' down by the riverside

Since 1894

I thought this was a Razorback Forum.

Isn't there a General Sports Forum for all other teams?

Maybe I am wrong.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Since 1894 on November 14, 2007, 09:35:29 pm
I thought this was a Razorback Forum.

Isn't there a General Sports Forum for all other teams?

Maybe I am wrong.

Are you suggesting Arkansas State Razorbacks?  Maybe nutt's headed for Jonesboro?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Woopsie

Ridgerunners?  Why are people voting for that...worst name ever...it's akin to Volunteers.

From the foremost encylopedia in all the land, Wikipedia:

"A Ridgerunner hikes sections of the Appalachian Trail, meets and greets hikers, provides Trail brochures and literature to inform visitors about the A.T. and its intended primitive experience, its location, regulations, and traditions"

I mean, what is your mascot?  A dude that walks around handing out flyers? Sounds devastatingly menacing.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Ridgeraiders sounds too much like refrigerators.

Ridgerunners could mean they are fleeing in retreat.

Mallards makes sense because of the delta region and the excellent duck hunting.

Mallardman69

actaully Im against Mallards, we got enough duck hunters here as it is

Ok ok How about the ASU Buckles ? 

Since Jonesboro is in the center of the Bible Belt

Gomer_Says_Hey

Instead of Ridgerunners, how about the Beerrunners?
They'd already have a fight song:
"B double-E, double-R, U, N, Beer Run ...etc."

94 Hawg

hilarious thread! keep em coming

I like "Engines" so far  ;D
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Justme

Quote from: Mallardman69 on November 14, 2007, 08:37:38 pm
if they would just hire Houston Nutt think of all the possiblities with both Nutts there
There you have it.  

mcclintock126

Since Dickie is the BB coach and about to fired, what about The Nuttbusters?

(Nahhhh..........scratch that)

HogFansReunited

I think it is BS that they have to change their mascot.  I don't see the NCAA going up to Florida St. telling them to change their mascot.  This is one of the things the NCAA has done in the last few years to really piss me off.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

sasnakrafan

Bigmac

For those of you who are unfamiliar with our fair state, Crowley's Ridge runs from Helena up through Forrest City through Jonesboro and on past Paragould. There is a lot of history with the ridge. I for one like the Ridgerunners. It would be original alhtough it does sound a bit hillbillyish. Mallards are my second pick. Nothing like bagging some greenheads off the St Francis or Languille rivers. Please not the Mustangs, the Forrest City HS team already has that and we found out what the Razorbacks would do to a Mustang with the Texarkana and Forrest City playoff game last week in Texarkana.

Third pick would be Copenhageners. Could get a lot good money from an endorsement deal.  ;)

Mallardman69

Quote from: FireNutt on November 14, 2007, 10:54:49 pm
I think it is BS that they have to change their mascot.  I don't see the NCAA going up to Florida St. telling them to change their mascot.  This is one of the things the NCAA has done in the last few years to really piss me off.

the Seminole tribe in Florida told the NCAA when they came after FSU that they liked the name, so the NCAA dropped the FSU case

KY Hog Man

I say screw the NCAA.  Tell them not until FSU is forced to change their name. 

secfan30

I personally like Redwolves, since they have to get rid of the Native American name, keeping with something "earthy" would be appropriate. Personally I never had any problems with the name "Indians". Most "Native Americans" I know (I am half Cherokee) had no problems with sports teams with Native American Names. In the end it's ASU and who cares, when is Nutt leaving town?

MNHogFan

I am a grad of ASU but never go to any sporting events. The reason being whenever a U of A score is announced, whether it be football or basketball if the Hogs are behind the crowd cheers and if the Hogs are ahead all you hear is boos.

They can call themselves "Dead" as far as I am concerned.

GWFan

Mustangs, then Thunderbirds.
All the others sound too High School.  JMO

WPS GO HOGS GO!!!

Dixie Chicken

Redwolves, Red Storm, Red Dragons?! ASU's primary color is black trimmed with red. If anything you should be the black wolves, black storm, or black dragons. Not to mention those all sound like arena league teams anyway.

edmo

Barman91

edmo, what would your suggestion be?

A-10

I like the RidgeRunner's, a little history..... A fighter pilot from AR (Pierce McKennon) during WWII had a P-51 Mustang named RidgeRunner III that had a picture of a Razorback as its mascot.

http://www.fourthfightergroup.com/335th/audio/rrboogi2.htm

TLFHAWG

Redwolves would be ok.  The best was Tornadoes, but it was cut.

Bama Hog™

how bout the ASU "DonkeySmacks". Second choice would be the "Wild Boars".
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

BartIV

Arkansas State Gorilla's

I believe this was the first mascot for ASU back in the early 20's.  I say go back to that.

RBLtoHOG

The Arkansas State One eyed One Horned Fly Purple People Eaters
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

John Futrall

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2007, 08:37:13 pm
Quote from: SiriusHog™ on November 14, 2007, 08:35:53 pm
how about the Arkansas State:

they could be a symbol.. like Prince..

"The Team Formerly Known as Indians"

That's my vote!

elksnort

Meth Heads.

No, Thunderbirds is my vote from the list.

whitemeat

I say Arkansas state Quakes.  That New Madrid fault is pretty darn close to Jonesborro.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BartIV on November 15, 2007, 08:17:22 am
Arkansas State Gorilla's

I believe this was the first mascot for ASU back in the early 20's.  I say go back to that.

I agree
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

November 15, 2007, 08:34:13 am #82 Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:36:21 am by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
They left off the my favorite suggestion, Hellbenders. As in the Hellbender Salamander that some professor at ASU is researching. 

I voted for Ridgerunners. The rest of them just sound generic to me. Ridge Raiders I cant believe they are even considering this one, Nettleton High's mascot is the Raiders. And Mallards there's already a bar in Jonesboro named The Mallard.

John Futrall

Perhaps the ASU Monkeys...FEAR THE MONKEY

Donny2665

RidgeRunners and here is there mascot, the one on the right.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Phenomenal One

Redwolves sounds the coolest, plus leaves more options optons as far as uniforms goes

Bama Hog™

Quote from: BKillian on November 14, 2007, 08:55:38 pm
I love the Copenhageners, come on say it 1 time, its catchy!

Too brand specific. I would suggest one of the following:
The ASU Snuff Pinchers
The ASU Spit Cups
or the ASU Snus Kings
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

want2bhogfan

The idea for the redwolves and the reason it may become the ASU mascot has to do with the Razorbacks.  Apparenty, redwolves are the #1 enemy of the razorbacks in the wild.  That is why alot of people from this area like the redwolves as their choice of mascot. 

However, I live close to Jonesboro and can't get into ASU atheletics.  I love sports but have never been an ASU fan especially after the Lady Razorbacks played the ASU Lady Indians in basketball.  I was there sporting my Razorback apparel and I was screamed at, guys got in my face and yelled ugly stuff, but worse than that was the moron that ran around the court with the ARKANSAS state flag upside down.  How stupid was he?  Isn't it Arkansas State University?

Kenny Dowell Loggains

how about the ASU "guys driving around in low rider mini-trucks with so much bass in the cab that the whole truck sounds like its about to rattle apart".

or how about the ASU Bumblebees.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: gguillo on November 15, 2007, 10:17:56 am
how about the ASU "guys driving around in low rider mini-trucks with so much bass in the cab that the whole truck sounds like its about to rattle apart".

nice +1

H-O-double g

How does the name "Express" make the top 12? How would it even make a top 100 list?

JHGiunta

Quote from: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater on November 15, 2007, 08:34:13 am
They left off the my favorite suggestion, Hellbenders. As in the Hellbender Salamander that some professor at ASU is researching. 

I voted for Ridgerunners. The rest of them just sound generic to me. Ridge Raiders I cant believe they are even considering this one, Nettleton High's mascot is the Raiders. And Mallards there's already a bar in Jonesboro named The Mallard.

That was my favorite one too.   I guess they didn't like the reference to Hell.   Oh well. That name would have been kick because it just sounds intimidating.

booogaga

what the hell is a mallard
GO HOGS!

bigyellowdog

Quote from: want2bhogfan on November 15, 2007, 10:06:24 am
The idea for the redwolves and the reason it may become the ASU mascot has to do with the Razorbacks.  Apparenty, redwolves are the #1 enemy of the razorbacks in the wild.  That is why alot of people from this area like the redwolves as their choice of mascot. 

You would think they would try to pick Longhorns for their nickname, then.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: Bama Hog on November 15, 2007, 10:19:40 am
Quote from: gguillo on November 15, 2007, 10:17:56 am

nice +1

gracias sir.  +1 to you.

memphishog

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on November 14, 2007, 08:46:59 pm
How about the Indians?  Oh yeah some morons think that is offensive, just like sitting Indian style, is now a gay sounding Cris Cross apple sauce, who were these morons?

indians, indians, indians why did you give into political correctness? damn the liberals.

HognotinMemphis

I say make them the Arkansas State Hillbillies.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Sao Ming

Quote from: Barman91 on November 14, 2007, 08:13:45 pm
Quote from: HeathWimp on November 14, 2007, 08:03:34 pm
  Joke of a school.

Is making a subject and verb agree harder than writing a sentence that is a fragment?  Just sayin...

"Just sayin..." is a fragment. 

Just sayin'.

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Bama Hog on November 15, 2007, 08:12:15 am
how bout the ASU "DonkeySmacks". Second choice would be the "Wild Boars".
LOL !! DonkeySmacks...... That's priceless right there!

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: Mallardman69 on November 14, 2007, 08:16:36 pm
hey I bet they could have beaten Arkansas in football this year

I voted Mallards, I can take my duck call to all the games

Are you serious... they barely beat FIU...