Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas blows out UCONN ...

Started by RockyMtnHog, November 26, 2017, 04:49:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyMtnHog

November 26, 2017, 04:49:03 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:05:46 pm by RockyMtnHog
102-67
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Kenny Dowell Loggains

JONAS

Great game.  First win ever against the Huskies.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

AFWarrior83

Wow. That was impressive! Too bad the shots weren't falling like that against UNC. No doubt, this team is going to make a tourney run as long as the teams stays focused and healthy.
Hogville member since 2005.

rzrbackramsfan

That was crazy.  Also, how did UConn beat Oregon?  They have zero height.

Fan701

They gave Michigan State a better game than they did us.

hawg1221

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Dr. Starcs

Very impressive win.

Cmas best teams play loose and let it fly. Hope that continues.

JONAS

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 26, 2017, 04:51:36 pm
Wow. That was impressive! Too bad the shots weren't falling like that against UNC. No doubt, this team is going to make a tourney run as long as the teams stays focused and healthy.

I hope so.  The SEC is going to be a lot tougher this year.  I hope we can at least duplicate our 12-6 conference record as last year. 

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

alohawg

Thanks to hogball40(sp?) for the link. Some entertaining commentary here:

https://the-boneyard.com/forums/uconn-mens-basketball.3/
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hogball33

WPS! That's how it used to get done!

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HawgnCorona

In the words of Jackie Gleason. "How soooiet it is!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

RazorNick

UCONN fans think we are mediocre

Must suck to be them

HoggyCat

That UConn team falls under the same heading as that texass team Bielema beat..... the worst ever I've seen by that school, but a name recognition win nonetheless.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Fan701

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 26, 2017, 05:28:18 pm
That UConn team falls under the same heading as that texass team Bielema beat..... the worst ever I've seen by that school, but a name recognition win nonetheless.
But is UConn really as bad as we made them look?  They did beat Oregon, who is supposed to be pretty good, and they did stick with Michigan State for a half - down by only 1 point at half.  From that I can't conclude that they are horrible.  Instead, is it possible that we are very good?  Is it possible we just had a bad game vs. UNC, and UNC was on fire?  These things happen.

Swinefeld

I'm not an apologist, but I did think Arkansas looked tired and flat against a good UNC team.  I think they were embarrassed and took it out on UCONN.  Great win

BrooklynRoss

This reminds me of the Missouri game in '93-'94. They ended up going undefeated in their conference. I don't think UCONN is a world beater this year, but they're no slouch.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Letsroll1200

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Fan701 on November 26, 2017, 05:37:33 pm
But is UConn really as bad as we made them look?  They did beat Oregon, who is supposed to be pretty good, and they did stick with Michigan State for a half - down by only 1 point at half.  From that I can't conclude that they are horrible.  Instead, is it possible that we are very good?  Is it possible we just had a bad game vs. UNC, and UNC was on fire?  These things happen.

No. There biggest problem this year was there inability to retain their big men (transfers), according to BW. So they arent very big. But Kevin Ollie is good a Coach. What are they a couple of years remove from a national championship under KO? That was a quality win against a decent team. I dont think anyone can discount that...

It worked well for our RPI and SOS.

Dr. Starcs

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

hobhog

We played great, Uconn made it easy. Couldn't believe how many 3s huskies chunked up with historical poor shooting from that range.

Should give us confidence going forward, while Uconn must be thinking they have issues.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Swinefeld on November 26, 2017, 05:40:32 pm
I'm not an apologist, but I did think Arkansas looked tired and flat against a good UNC team.  I think they were embarrassed and took it out on UCONN.  Great win

Hogs had to work to win and unc slept through their gamw. Took a toll!

HogFoo

I believe the team wanted to prove a point after the loss to UNC.  And the Hogs proved it!  They looked great.  The shots just weren't falling against UNC and UNC capitalized on it. They are good.  I'd love to see another rematch later in the big dance.  I think the further we can develop guys like CJ, Hall, Thomas, Adrio, hopefully also Cook and garland getting cleared.  We add and improve all those guys, that's what will make us elite.  That is what will allow us to beat teams like UNC,UK, florida, duke, etc...   Hall looked good today as did CJ. We need them to really come along.  Even Thomas looked good. If we can keep Gafford out of foul trouble, dude is just a beast!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

razorhog52

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Adam Stokes

Kevin Ollie is a poor man's Tubby Smith. Wins a championship right off the bat with someone else's players, and then consistently underachieves. Was under .500 last year, projected to do about that this year. See if he keeps his job.

niels_boar

UConn looks like an NIT team at best, but I don't know what they were thinking on scheduling.  They played at Zona on Thursday night in a game that was competitive for 35 minutes.  Their primary scorers played 35+ minutes.  They then fly across the entire country to play at Auburn on one day's rest.  It would have been surprising had they played well.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.