Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (4-1, 0-0 SEC) vs UCONN (4-1, 0-0 AAC)

Started by hawgball40, November 26, 2017, 01:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawker

Quote from: Rawker on November 26, 2017, 02:57:36 pm
Taking Adrio out a mistake?  He was on fire on O and D.

OK Maybe not.  Just put in the best player on the team (DG10) and it's all good.

Beaverfever

I think it's fair to say this UConn team isn't quite as problematic defensively as UNC. 

trippigs

hawgball40

apcapri

Great start for the Hogs. Need to turn up the heat and put this one away.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

daprospecta

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 03:00:52 pm
Gafford looks and plays like anthony davis
I could see that.  Any team without a decent big man will struggle with us.

Rawker

Dirty

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 26, 2017, 03:01:39 pm
See what happens when the REFS aren't involved!

I still waiting for the three foot space five second call. 

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Slimac4

Rawker

hawgball40

Quote from: Slimac4 on November 26, 2017, 03:06:18 pm
A lot more like Willy Callie Stein.
cauley stein didn't drive, spin, or make post moves, and he didn't have a jumper. he was just a dunker and rebounder.

Temprees

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 03:08:10 pm
cauley stein didn't drive, spin, or make post moves, and he didn't have a jumper. he was just a dunker and rebounder.
I agree.  Gafford is more skilled than Cayley-Stein.

hawgdavis

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 26, 2017, 03:10:08 pm
I agree it's not about Bill Walton it about the tournament
actually I think they think it's about Bill Walton
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Ulysses_S_Grunt

daprospecta

daprospecta

BannerMountainMan

Rawker

Fantastic backdoor, as usual, from Trey, and great touch by AB!!

hawgball40

Quote from: Temprees on November 26, 2017, 03:10:04 pm
I agree.  Gafford is more skilled than Cayley-Stein.
yep, but less polished than AD. Maybe i should have specified that to the poster. He needs to work on footwork, ball handling and shooting but other than that he has good touch, elite rebounding and athleticism. But the way he approaches the game and his fluid athleticism for his size reminds me of AD

hawgball40

Quote from: daprospecta on November 26, 2017, 03:12:46 pm
When did Adrio get handles and driving ability?
he's been working on it all summer. Mike told him if he improves on that and adds a jumper he could play on the wing. it was talked about in preseaso, they post alot of practice videos and interviews on twitter during offseason.

Slimac4

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 03:08:10 pm

He's no where near Anthony Davis. Much different player. Put the crack pipe down.

Letsroll1200

First poor play by Bailey. Keep your foot on their neck. Not the time to take poor shots. Beard stop going one on one. We don't need tough shots.

Rawker

Not trying to be critical, I'm just saying this purely from a statistical standpoint.  Beard has been wasting TONS of positions the last couple of games.  Most Hogs, after touching the ball once, usually give it up at least once or twice before looking for their shot.  Beard is simply not scanning his options before going to the hole....even with Macon, Barford, and Gafford on the floor.

hawgball40

Quote from: Slimac4 on November 26, 2017, 03:16:27 pm
He's no where near Anthony Davis. Much different player. Put the crack pipe down.
Never said he was at Anthony Davis level. I said his game reminds me of davis. The above the rim rebounding, out of area rebounding, the fluid athleticism, the spin moves, putting the ball on the deck, the array of dunk moves, disruptor in passing, shot blocker, high motor in transition, demands a double team in the post, able to pass out of double teams. all staples of davis game. perhaps you are unfamiliar with what AD looked like in college. AD had polished handles and a jumper, that's the only major difference. If gafford could handle like AD and shoot the midrange jumper, his play style would look very similar IMO. I could be wrong, but thats what I see. edit: also ad had good footwork and made alot of near basket layups similar to what portis did. going off memory of his time at UK, could be wrong.

hawgdavis

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Kenny Dowell Loggains

BannerMountainMan

hawgdavis

HamIAm

Quote from: gguillo on November 26, 2017, 03:21:31 pm
Bill Walton for President.

Reporter: President Walton, how will we respond to N. Korea's aggressive action
Walton:  Have you ever been bicycling in Oregon, what a beautiful state.

daprospecta

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 26, 2017, 03:21:50 pm
41-21 HOGS!!!!
I hope we can maintain this lead.  Gabe and Hall need minutes against solid competition.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Slimac4 on November 26, 2017, 03:16:27 pm
Not what he said.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: HamIAm on November 26, 2017, 03:23:18 pm
Reporter: President Walton, how will we respond to N. Korea's aggressive action
Walton:  Have you ever been bicycling in Oregon, what a beautiful state.

;)

daprospecta

Call me Crazy but Florida is the only team in the SEC that worries me.  I think we can finish second guys.

Rbill

We are an incredibly good team when we're all confident and using our bench. The only critique I have right now is Beard might do well to re-evaluate his role and usually look first to feed others generally speaking.

hawgball40

Quote from: Rbill on November 26, 2017, 03:27:49 pm
We are an incredibly good team when we're all confident and using our bench. The only critique I have right now is Beard might do well to re-evaluate his role and usually look first to feed others generally speaking.
we look like we're just going through the motions. wth u watching haha

Temprees

daprospecta

Rbill

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 03:28:54 pm
we look like we're just going through the motions. wth u watching haha

I'm unsure how your response relates to my post.

Temprees

Letsroll1200

hawgball40

We are playing like trash right now. Ice cold + bad defense. Gafford picked up his 3rd foul. tsk tsk

daprospecta

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 03:32:21 pm
We are playing like trash right now. Ice cold + bad defense. Gafford picked up his 3rd foul. tsk tsk
Yea, we are not playing inside out right now.

HamIAm