Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (4-1, 0-0 SEC) vs UCONN (4-1, 0-0 AAC)

Started by hawgball40, November 26, 2017, 01:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fred ziffel

She is his pharmacist...

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on November 26, 2017, 04:39:46 pm
Anybody know what the job is of the girl to Walton's right? Deadpan as can be.
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

alohawg

Let's not get too excited now, hogs are only 6th in conference.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

rljjr

HamIAm

Ironhawg

bigred223

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

factchecker

GREAT WIN!

35 point win and it wasn't that close.

UCONN was playing their starters all the way to their last timeout.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Wisco Pig

Hogs shot 60% from the floor, 58% from the 3-point line.   Wow.

hawgball40

What happened to the mod from Jump Ball that used to always do the game threads? Arkansas #1 or something like that. Anyone know?

hawgball40

fans will put too much stock into this win, just like they did the UNC loss

reality is:

1. unc is legit top 5, everyone thought they lost too much but they have a new stretch 4 element and are legit NC contenders again.
2. we are legit top 25 team with lots of untapped potential in our bench.
3. uconn is not very good. result of bad coaching and bad recruiting. they are ranked 66th in kenpom and two of their best players played hurt today (larrier, gilbert).
4. we beat a legit oklahoma team in a shootout.
5. we were tired when we played unc due to the shootout with OU.

Breems

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 04:50:14 pm
What happened to the mod from Jump Ball that used to always do the game threads? Arkansas #1 or something like that. Anyone know?

Quit because of the negative posters I believe.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogz87

Quote from: RaisinHog on November 26, 2017, 04:46:18 pm
Cj with a nice game ... If he keeps getting better it will really help
Yeah, I said it after last game, but the one thing this team could use more than anything else is another perimeter player who can stand somewhere behind the 3P line and be a reliable 40%-ish 3P shooter.  It'd take some of the pressure off of Barford and Macon and keep defenses a lot more honest.  C.J. showed signs of that against UNC and again today.  Hopefully he keeps it up. 

factchecker

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 04:50:14 pm

It's tough being a mod in jumpball.

We have a strong contigent of idiots who ruin this board on the regular.

Where are they currently?

Hiding...... we won.

But they are always waiting:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgball40

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Boarcephus

What is impressive to me is we out rebounded them 42-26.  We don't out rebound anyone 42-26. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jjdlc

Quote from: HamIAm on November 26, 2017, 04:47:05 pm
what was the technical foul for?

Never said for sure but I think it may have been for celebration following Holmes basket.

hawkhawg

Quote from: jjdlc on November 26, 2017, 04:59:41 pm
Never said for sure but I think it may have been for celebration following Holmes basket.

Said it was an administrative tech.  Probably didn't have the walk-on in the book.

factchecker

Quote from: HamIAm on November 26, 2017, 04:47:05 pm
what was the technical foul for?

Quote from: jjdlc on November 26, 2017, 04:59:41 pm

We tried to check in our 2nd walk-on but didn't have him listed on our books (roster).

Technical foul.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogz87

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 26, 2017, 04:52:28 pm
fans will put too much stock into this win, just like they did the UNC matchup.

reality is:

1. unc is legit top 5, everyone thought they lost too much but they have a new stretch 4 element and are legit NC contenders again.
3. uconn is not very good. they are ranked 66th in kenpom and two of their best players played hurt today.
I'm not sure why UNC was a bottom half top 10 team coming off a national championship.  They returned three upperclassmen who played a major role on last year's national championship team.  And Kenny Williams would've played a big role had he not suffered a knee injury that ended his season.  Seventh Woods and Brandon Robinson also played minor roles for UNC last year. 

And while UConn may not be very good, we still housed them by 40 points.  That's impressive.  They're still "good enough" that beating them by 40 should impress some people.  Granted, playing a third game in four days with two key players playing injured may just mean they were somewhat packing it in today, but still.

jjdlc

Quote from: factchecker on November 26, 2017, 05:02:50 pm
We tried to check in our 2nd walk-on but didn't have him listed on our books (roster).

Technical foul.

Got ya.

elksnort

reality is:

3. uconn is not very good. result of bad coaching and bad recruiting. they are ranked 66th in kenpom and two of their best players played hurt today (larrier, gilbert).
pretty good breakdown.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: factchecker on November 26, 2017, 04:55:31 pm
It's tough being a mod in jumpball.

We have a strong contigent of idiots who ruin this board on the regular.

Where are they currently?

Hiding...... we won.

But they are always waiting:

That's a fact...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

elksnort

Well, I am an idiot and the hogs crushed UCONN today. I don't care if UCONN is down or not. Only a good team could have beaten this way.

Letsroll1200

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2017, 06:03:54 pm
Silent night on Hogville
It is just the way life is. Problems, issues and discontent create more communication than success, prosperity and happiness. It doesn't mean folks are not happy about the good product on the court we are enjoying.

Hollywood_HOGan45

This was a thing of beauty. UConn isn't UConn but they did beat Oregon who went to the final four last year.

HawgnCorona

hawgball40

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

LRHawg

reality is:

The is pretty much my take from the PK420 tournament as well. Also, Walton is about one bong rip shy of comatose.

HognitiveDissonance

Impressive win over a name program like UCONN.

It was a successful tournament, no doubt. Go 2-1 against three name teams. Couldn't have really hoped for much more.

Glad to see Macon play, and play well.