Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We’re 39th in the new poll

Started by JayHog, November 20, 2017, 01:14:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JayHog

And Oklahoma is just a few spots ahead of us at 36th.

phadedhawg

Rome26

The 40th ranked team (Texas Arlington) whooped Oklahoma by 15 in their scrimmage. Yeah I know it was just a scrimmage but UTA is much better than the two cupcakes they've played so far.

RealHog

If you want an excellent poll/ranking site use Kenpom.com. 5* quality for Bball guys. Free to see rankings, $10 for the year to see advanced stats and team pages.
We are ranked 37, and OK ranked 21 on there.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RealHog on November 20, 2017, 01:36:17 pm
If you want an excellent poll/ranking site use Kenpom.com. 5* quality for Bball guys. Free to see rankings, $10 for the year to see advanced stats and team pages.
We are ranked 37, and OK ranked 21 on there.

Looks like a sure loss, according to Kenpom. Nothing to lose and everything to gain so our guys shouldn't feel any pressure. Having the 37th ranked team isn't bad because that would mean we would be solidly in the tournament.
Hogs up! Covid down!

RealHog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 20, 2017, 01:58:51 pm
Looks like a sure loss, according to Kenpom. Nothing to lose and everything to gain so our guys shouldn't feel any pressure. Having the 37th ranked team isn't bad because that would mean we would be solidly in the tournament.

Well not exactly a sure loss. Kenpom has a 81-79 projection win for Ok, with OK having 60% chance of winning. So they are favored but *shouldn't get steamrolled. These early season games are temperature type games to gauge the teams.

RealHog

Another is the SEC got a major bump with how they played last March and all the returning and incoming players. Very strong SEC this year and 10-8 or better would really be strong enough for NCAA.

hobhog

I am thinking once Gafford is seen on national TV our stock will rise immediately.

bigred223

We will have to beat OU and UNC to get in the top 25

mhuff

May have missed this , but are we going to be a at a full roster soon. I know we are waiting on Garland's medical report

rzrbackramsfan

Ya'll already know how I feel about the new AP poll...

TNhawgfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 20, 2017, 01:58:51 pm
Having the 37th ranked team isn't bad because that would mean we would be solidly in the tournament.
Not really. When you take all the conference winners and automatic qualifiers out, there aren't as many at large bids as you are thinking
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Foshodo

Seems like we're really having to earn our name back in college hoops. After not being ranked at all last season I thought if we started strong this season we might get the benefit of the doubt but nope... I have faith in us but it'd be nice to see a number next to our name