Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Five to Manny Watkins

Started by devildog, November 17, 2017, 09:21:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

devildog

Watched the game on ESPN3 and I was super impressed with Manny Watkins on the color commentary. Who knew? I think he has a career in front of him.

ocsm158

Quote from: devildog on November 17, 2017, 09:21:24 pm
Watched the game on ESPN3 and I was super impressed with Manny Watkins on the color commentary. Who knew? I think he has a career in front of him.

Agree, and he did not come across as a homer. He did a great job.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: devildog on November 17, 2017, 09:21:24 pm

Yes I was really impressed with the young man too

jm

As good as any I have seen/heard in a long time. With a little experience he may be working at the national level before we know it.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jm on November 17, 2017, 09:54:45 pm
As good as any I have seen/heard in a long time. With a little experience he may be working at the national level before we know it.
Agreed! And the Play by play guy may be selling cars

ChicoHog

I also thought he did well for a rookie.  What is he doing now besides this?  I think he could make a career of it if he wants to. 

hawgball40

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 17, 2017, 10:02:58 pm
I also thought he did well for a rookie.  What is he doing now besides this?  I think he could make a career of it if he wants to.
I think that's the plan right? I mean him and Pat Bradley working for SECN? That bodes well for us IMO.

Potosihog

We typically are very harsh in our judgement of former Hogs gone media dude.  I am glad to see all the positive comments.

Manny has done a great job in the games he has worked this year.  He really sounds better than many who have been doing it for years.

Now that sideline girl....that is a different issue

ChicoHog

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 17, 2017, 10:06:57 pm
I think that's the plan right? I mean him and Pat Bradley working for SECN? That bodes well for us IMO.
I didn't know he was working a steady gig for SEC network.  I thought this was a one off deal for the Hog game. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ocsm158 on November 17, 2017, 09:30:56 pm
Agree, and he did not come across as a homer. He did a great job.

Depends, if he's working the team broadcast I expect the color guy to be somewhat of a homer.  If it's just a network broadcast I expect non-bias, but really when have you ever heard a non-biased broadcast?

Last night I was listening on the way home and the play by play guy was saying "coach" who was that?  I was thinking it was the coach that Scotty replaced.

Birminghog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 09:02:50 pm
Depends, if he's working the team broadcast I expect the color guy to be somewhat of a homer.  If it's just a network broadcast I expect non-bias, but really when have you ever heard a non-biased broadcast?

Last night I was listening on the way home and the play by play guy was saying "coach" who was that?  I was thinking it was the coach that Scotty replaced.

Was it Zimm?

rusvegashog

Quote from: Potosihog on November 17, 2017, 10:19:36 pm
We typically are very harsh in our judgement of former Hogs gone media dude.  I am glad to see all the positive comments.

Manny has done a great job in the games he has worked this year.  He really sounds better than many who have been doing it for years.

Now that sideline girl....that is a different issue
I agree the Manny that's doin this year is better than the Many that's been doin it for years.?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Birminghog on November 18, 2017, 10:29:43 pm
Was it Zimm?

Might have been, I know it wasn't Manny I heard him and I agree he's pretty good.

HogMantheIntruder

I thought he did a great job, regardless, but he was incredible for having virtually zero experience. He's a natural, and I hope he sticks with it.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon