Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PF Play

Started by Rock City Razorback, February 28, 2018, 12:52:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock City Razorback

It was great to see everything clicking last night by a lot of different guys. I was really impressed with how Cook played. He wasn't the star of the show, never has been or will be, but he played his best game last night and got a lot of minutes. Got me to thinking about the PF rotation. It's an area where traditionally struggled under CMA. IMO, that's the difference between putting it all together as a team to make a run or being beaten by another good team (well that, and free throws). We'll need more consistency from Cook, Bailey and Thomas to get into the Sweet 16 and beyond.

bigred223

If we want more consistency at that position, then we need to play Bailey more. When we play quicker teams like Auburn, Cook should play over Thomas. If we play a more half court team with traditional bigs, Thomas should play over Cook.

UAGolfer1981

We were commenting last night during the game how Cook played his best game on both ends of the floor.  Really good to see!

zebradynasty

Quote from: UAGolfer1981 on February 28, 2018, 02:15:28 pm
We were commenting last night during the game how Cook played his best game on both ends of the floor.  Really good to see!

Yes Cook played well last night. It's been a rough senior year for him, was good to see him go out on a positive note. His number one problem is that he lost confidence hopefully he got some of it back last night. Its hard to believe that he was actually a solid JUCO prospect when he was signed. 

cableguy

Quote from: bigred223 on February 28, 2018, 02:09:43 pm
If we want more consistency at that position, then we need to play Bailey more. When we play quicker teams like Auburn, Cook should play over Thomas. If we play a more half court team with traditional bigs, Thomas should play over Cook.

Great analysis. Cook played well because he was one of the tallest guys on the court. Thomas has been shooting lights out and Bailey staying active. I still would play Gabe over Cook.  Gabe gives us more under the rim than Cook on his best day.

bigred223

Quote from: cableguy on February 28, 2018, 03:57:12 pm
Great analysis. Cook played well because he was one of the tallest guys on the court. Thomas has been shooting lights out and Bailey staying active. I still would play Gabe over Cook.  Gabe gives us more under the rim than Cook on his best day.

I like Gabe a lot as well.