Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

30-30 ammo...

Started by Hawgon, December 02, 2013, 12:47:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

anybody seen any?  Around here, .223, 9mm, and .308 are coming out of our ears.  Most of your standard hunting rounds are also available to one degree or another.  But the only 30-30 I've seen in months is some $40 a box Ted Nugent ammo at Academy. 

It would appear that the ammo manufacturers concentrated on the .223, 9mm, and .308 to the exclusion of other calibers.

DeltaBoy

Try small town mom and pops they usually have 30/30 all the time. Macks in Sugar town had plenty according to Dad last month.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OldCoot

Picked up a box at Bass Pro the other day for about 20$.

ChromDome35

Gander Mountain has Remington and Winchester 30-30 available on their website with free shipping.

I just ordered 3 boxes worth at 16.99 a box.  Be here in a couple of days.

95_alum

Quote from: Hawgon on December 02, 2013, 12:47:03 pm
anybody seen any?  Around here, .223, 9mm, and .308 are coming out of our ears.  Most of your standard hunting rounds are also available to one degree or another.  But the only 30-30 I've seen in months is some $40 a box Ted Nugent ammo at Academy. 

It would appear that the ammo manufacturers concentrated on the .223, 9mm, and .308 to the exclusion of other calibers.

The Academy in Rogers has:
130gr Win. @ $16
170gr. Win @ $16
160gr Hornady @ $24
150gr Rem. @ $16

Plenty

TeufelHog

Don't forget to try hardware stores like ACE.  A lot of people forget hardware stores still sell ammo.

OldCoot

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 15, 2013, 07:04:36 pm
Don't forget to try hardware stores like ACE.  A lot of people forget hardware stores still sell ammo.

I miss real hardware stores.

DeltaBoy

I miss those small rural country stores in Eastern Arkansas that sold guns, ammo and bait.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.