Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kimber rifles

Started by Junkyard Hog, November 18, 2013, 02:09:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

December 14, 2013, 11:49:56 pm #50 Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:51:29 am by kodiakisland
It's a no brainer for you to take the CZ.  It would be a no brainer for me to go with the kimber or 52B.  At some point though cost does start to make the choice for us.  I'd love a cooper 22lr but just can't get over the price.

It's like buying a Tahoe or Escalade.  They do the same thing.  One cost almost twice as much as the other.  To me it's a no brainer to buy the Tahoe.  For others it's the Escalade.  Doesn't mean one is right and the other wrong.

I'm just glad we have choices.  I like nice guns.  I appreciate the time and effort put into nice guns.  Some people hold a Purdey and think "what's the big deal, it does what my mossberg does".  I pick up a Purdey and think of all the man hours and effort that went into making every thing perfect.  I don't own a Purdey, but certainly see why those who can afford them do.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 14, 2013, 11:49:56 pm
It's a no brainer for you to take the CZ.  It would be a no brainer for me to go with the kimber or 52B.  At some point though cost does start to make the choice for us.  I'd love a cooper 22lr but just can't get over the price.

It's like buying a Tahoe or Escalade.  They do the same thing.  One cost almost twice as much as the other.  To me it's a no brainer to buy the Tahoe.  For others it's the Escalade.  Doesn't mean one is right and the other wrong.

I'm just glad we have choices.  I like nice guns.  I appreciate the time and effort put into nice guns.  Some people hold a Purdey and think "what's the big deal, it does what my mossberg does".  I pick up a Purdey and think of all the man hours and effort that went into making every thing perfect.  I don't own a Purdey, but certainly see why those who can afford them do.

Yeah I agree, but with something like a .22 bolt gun, it is what it is.

Now, I can see people wanting a $10,000 custom .375 H&H with hand engraving, etc. Those are timeless pieces of ART. But if you are going to go cheap, and yes $900 is cheap for a nice rifle, just get the $500 CZ and save the change.

Big money = big calibers

Having a $900 .22 is like having a go kart with monster truck tires.

My .02

kodiakisland

I guess it depends on how you look at it.  Or maybe how you use it.  I shoot my 22 far more than any other rifle I have.  I want one with the feel and balance of a full size rifle, plus I like nice wood and hand cut checkering.  I do a lot of off hand and field position shooting.  I would guess I shoot 10 rounds of rimfire to every 1 round of centerfire.

My 22 isn't the go kart.  It's the daily driver.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

pigture perfect

Not always, but I believe most times optics are more important than make of gun.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 15, 2013, 02:09:52 am
Not always, but I believe most times optics are more important than make of gun.

In this case I would guess so too...

I have a CZ .22 mag, and its beautiful... honestly would never want a nicer rimfire. If you handled and shot a CZ and Kimber .22 without knowing which was which, I doubt you would ever say the Kimber was worth double.

kodiakisland

The difference is in the fit and finish, not how they shoot.  Again, that's not important to some and that's OK.  I have a CZ527 that shoot pretty dang good.  Has nice wood and decent checkering.  Compared side by side to a cooper it shows many flaws.  Many would never notice those flaws, but they're there.