Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Practice gets feisty with QB Mettenberger throwing punches

Started by RollTideHog, March 24, 2012, 12:53:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RollTideHog

Bebop

I wonder if this is any indicator that he will get rattled if he gets pressured a lot?

Break & Run

I wish Bequette would be here next year...oh the hits he could lay on him :)
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Rzbakfromwaybak

March 24, 2012, 01:43:33 am #3 Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:47:16 am by Rzbakfromwaybak
Throwing punches, Les says no harm done for now......guess he hasn't learned how to kick & curb stomp yet.......saves that throwing hand from injury too...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: RollTideHog on March 24, 2012, 12:53:54 am
Looks like LSU new quarterback has a quick temper!!

LSU quarterback with temper.  Have I seen that before?  nope, don't think so
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Wingo Hog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on March 24, 2012, 01:43:33 am
Throwing punches, Les says no harm done for now......guess he hasn't learned how to kick & curb stomp yet.......saves that throwing hand from injury too...
I know this post was made mostly as a joke...but if it had happened at one of our spring practices it wouldnt be a big deal either. These kinda things happen in spring ball and 2 a days. It happens here too. Remember the Issac Madison episode last spring?

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ChitownHawg

I don't know what the big deal is? Mett gets mad because one of his TEAMMATES blasts him with a late hit. I would have been swinging at his head too. And Les should have sent the DT to the showers as I think CBP did to one of our DTs a couple of years ago.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Simple.  This happened at LSU so we make fun and find all the things wright with it.

Had this been Tyler Wilson 85% Oremore on here would be saying that there is why I love me some Wilson. Got fire in his belly and don't take no crap.  We need a few more tough guys Like Tyler on this team. 

Comical to me.
Let's make some waves.

SemperHawg

Last years team was a real QB away from being one of the better teams ever, lets hope Mett isn't that real QB they were looking for.

FIOG

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on March 24, 2012, 01:27:41 am
I wish Bequette would be here next year...oh the hits he could lay on him :)

Did Bequette play in the game last year? I don't remember hearing his name.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: SemperHawg on March 24, 2012, 08:23:35 am
Last years team was a real QB away from being one of the better teams ever, lets hope Mett isn't that real QB they were looking for.

He was eligible last year...and he couldn't pass up Lee or Jefferson.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: FIOG on March 24, 2012, 08:36:50 am
Did Bequette play in the game last year? I don't remember hearing his name.
Touche my friend.
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

Steef

They did a good job on Jake last season. They had a GIANT left tackle that Jake just could not get around.

Hence, the recruitment of so many BIG DE's this past February.

I still think it's funny that 'low class Les' LIKES for his QB's to lose their temper. Great coaching there, Les. Please...keep it up.

King TUSKankahamun

Mediocre football skills and bad tempers must be a per-requsite for the LSU QB position
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

drizzle

Did he hit him with his right hand or did he hit him with his left? Huh? Did he hit him with his right hand or did he hit him with his LEFT?

When you get in a fight with a drunk you don't hit him with your throwing hand. God, I can't keep giving you these free lessons so quit screwin' around and help me up.

(suitably altered, of course)

pigture perfect

That's why they're called the fighting tigers. Not to be confused with the cheating tigers or the fresh meat tigers.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: hogfanintx on March 24, 2012, 07:51:27 am
Simple.  This happened at LSU so we make fun and find all the things wright with it.

Had this been Tyler Wilson 85% or kore on here would be saying that there is why I love me some Wilson. Got fire in his belly and don't take know crap.  We need a few more tough guys Luke Tyler on this team. 

Comical to me.

Do you spend all your free time trolling message boards or do take time off to pay for sex?
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on March 24, 2012, 02:01:02 pm
Do you spend all your free time trolling message boards or do take time off to pay for sex?

I'm a hog fan ya friggin d bag. Just call it like I see it.

Why would I pay for sex? Several of your female family members offer it readily for free.  Would you like references?
Let's make some waves.

Jimbob111

Quote from: hogfanintx on March 24, 2012, 03:27:59 pm

I'm a hog fan ya friggin d bag. Just call it like I see it.

Why would I pay for sex? Several of your female family members offer it readily for free.  Would you like references?

+1.  That's funny right there.  Plus, I'd life references.  I'm going broke here...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

RAF

Quote from: hogfanintx on March 24, 2012, 07:51:27 am

Had this been Tyler Wilson 85% or kore on here would be saying that there is why I love me some Wilson. Got fire in his belly and don't take know crap.  We need a few more tough guys Luke Tyler on this team. 

Comical to me.
Comical, indeed  8)

Quote from: dxf04 on March 24, 2012, 05:16:24 pm
Comical, indeed  8)

Lol my bad was typing that on the phone.  Don't always hit the correct key.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Jimbob111 on March 24, 2012, 04:15:11 pm
+1.  That's funny right there.  Plus, I'd life references.  I'm going broke here...

Wish I could help you out.  They can get pricey I would imagine.  Was just giving Ftsmithhog a little crap because of his comment.  If I actually have ever had close encounters with any of his female relatives I am not aware of it.

Let's make some waves.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: hogfanintx on March 24, 2012, 07:59:04 pm
Wish I could help you out.  They can get pricey I would imagine.  Was just giving Ftsmithhog a little crap because of his comment.  If I actually have ever had close encounters with any of his female relatives I am not aware of it.

You'd be aware of it when the health dept notified you.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on March 24, 2012, 08:01:33 pm
You'd be aware of it when the health dept notified you.

Now that's funny as hell.   Any symptoms I should watch out for?
Let's make some waves.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

If the guy throws punches or kicks a foe during a game it will be interesting to see if the media gives him the Mallett treatment. If RM chafed at a late hit, etc. it was front page news.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

TomasPistola

Quote from: hogfanintx on March 24, 2012, 09:00:24 pm
Now that's funny as hell.   Any symptoms I should watch out for?

The mustache is the first warning sign.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: TomasPistola on March 24, 2012, 11:59:48 pm
The mustache is the first warning sign.

Reminds me of Squeak in Baseketball:  "That's impossible. Just look at her. She's got the cutest little upturned nose, the softest lips. The sweetest Adam's apple."
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ZERO

Sounds to me like the DT is the real douchebag. A late hit on your own teammate - one who is supposed to be the only missing link in the log chain that is supposed to be a championship winning team? What kind of petty crap is that?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hoglosophy on March 24, 2012, 01:22:31 am
I wonder if this is any indicator that he will get rattled if he gets pressured a lot?

No... More than likely that he is a team leader who doesn't like being punked out with a late hit in scrimmage and he is willing to step up into some big DE's Shtuff to let him know he ain't gonna take that junk...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

murthage

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 24, 2012, 12:21:19 pm
That's why they're called the fighting tigers. Not to be confused with the cheating tigers or the fresh meat tigers.

Now I don't care who you are.... that's funny. as Larry the Cable Guy would say.

Or it could be that Les called the DT aside and told him to level the 3rd string QB to wake his ass up.  Maybe it worked.

mhsbc59

College Coaches in the spring setts the O and the D against each other. It sets up good competition which is what the coach wants.  I know in my College spring games it was not uncommon for there to be brush ups everyday on the field at one of our spring scrimmages 3 fights broke out on one play.  Oh the times we had.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

IronHog

Quote from: 4windshawg on March 25, 2012, 07:15:06 am
No... More than likely that he is a team leader who doesn't like being punked out with a late hit in scrimmage and he is willing to step up into some big DE's Shtuff to let him know he ain't gonna take that junk...

I'd get after this kid hard and see if he'd get himself ejected........
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bennyl08

Quote from: Fort Dweller on March 24, 2012, 08:18:40 pm
ewwww.  Never go arse to mouth.

or in this case, Bass to mouth, not to be confused with arse to trout.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawg Balling

March 26, 2012, 10:13:10 am #40 Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:16:28 am by Hawg Balling
Wow, who would've ever figured an LSU quarterback to be violent?

(enter Aston Martin 8 dude to say "What are you talking about?? LSU has a history of violent quarterbacks!")

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: Hawg Balling on March 26, 2012, 10:13:10 am
Wow, who would've ever figured an LSU quarterback to be violent?

(enter Aston Martin 8 dude to say "What are you talking about?? LSU has a history of violent quarterbacks!")
And when did I say that exactly?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on March 26, 2012, 11:56:44 am
And when did I say that exactly?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=465246.0

Quote from: Hawg Balling on March 20, 2012, 10:27:44 am
Pretty out of character for Ole Miss to go after a transfer quarterback
Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on March 20, 2012, 02:22:58 pm
???? That's pretty much their tradition in the past five years or so...........
Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on March 21, 2012, 12:38:31 pm
News Flash: For those fans who might be uninformed Ole Miss actually accepts transfers, particularly QBs! I know it's difficult to believe though.

NaturalStateReb

It doesn't look like Les Miles has any more control over this team than he had at the end of last season.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 26, 2012, 10:03:29 am
or in this case, Bass to mouth, not to be confused with arse to trout.

Kattatafish made salmon taste basshole.

Hometown Hero

sounds like the mett with poor impulse control that got him kicked off another program. he can't control himself when a set of boobs or an ugly DT is in his face. but, at least les likes his chest.

daprospecta

Now let's not forget Mallet didn't like to get hit either. I can remember a few flags that we got away with with him throwing low blows that weren't seen.  Just a part of the game.  Anybody that has played in the trenches will tell you that.