Started by bluegrassboy75, May 31, 2017, 10:39:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegrassboy75

To be released today at Noon.

FineAsSwine

thanks.  :razorback:
Hogs up! Covid down!

batmanfan

Give me UNC. We can beat them this year.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

The_Iceman

Quote from: batmanfan on May 31, 2017, 10:52:47 am

I'm tired of playing them. Want a new team.

King Kong

FineAsSwine

Quote from: batmanfan on May 31, 2017, 10:52:47 am

Cosign. For the record, I would like to see us beat the tar out of them.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HogBeliever625

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 31, 2017, 11:13:04 am
I'd be okay playing them, just not the first game.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Kevin

why Oklahoma? we can play them anytime
win at play unc
what is the fascination with that match
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Kevin McPherson

navyhog24

Win and play UNC in secound round. The basketball gods have once again chosen this path for the Hogs.

HogBeliever625

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 31, 2017, 12:19:00 pm
Win and play UNC in secound round. The basketball gods have once again chosen this path for the Hogs.
I really like this draw. Think of how motivated the players would be to play UNC. Good opportunity for a couple resume wins.

hogsanity

So we want to fancy ourselves as contenders, yet do not want to play tough teams, umm ok.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

plus UNC tends to play kind of up and down early as the kids figure out which classes they have to go to and which ones someone takes for them. Really hurts their concentration on the court.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Kevin

Quote from: hogsanity on May 31, 2017, 12:36:20 pm
So we want to fancy ourselves as contenders, yet do not want to play tough teams, umm ok.

put us against mich state, or Oregon. just the same teams
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FineAsSwine

No one has said they don't want to play tough teams and only a couple of people have indicated (probably in jest) that they are tired of playing NC. No need to spin this thread in that direction.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 31, 2017, 11:13:04 am

or beat the heel ouda  em...

navyhog24

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on May 31, 2017, 12:31:18 pm
I really like this draw. Think of how motivated the players would be to play UNC. Good opportunity for a couple resume wins.

It's in their "density" to have to beat UNC at some point to have a monster season.

azhog10

There is a silver lining to this. If we can beat OU, and play UNC. We shouldn't be matched up against them in the first two rounds of the NCAAT. In the past they have tried to keep teams who have played each other in the season from playing in the first two rounds. Doesn't always happen but they do try to prevent that.

The_Iceman

UNC lost Jackson and Meeks. Berry is returning tho. Their current recruiting class isn't great surprisingly. Beat OU, and you are guaranteed 3 solid games.

King Kong

There is this new thing called the NCAAT. Apparently it determines the tough teams regardless of regular season matchups.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on May 31, 2017, 01:05:57 pm
There is a silver lining to this. If we can beat OU, and play UNC. We shouldn't be matched up against them in the first two rounds of the NCAAT. In the past they have tried to keep teams who have played each other in the season from playing in the first two rounds. Doesn't always happen but they do try to prevent that.

that is a good point

BaconAteHer

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 31, 2017, 12:03:46 pm
https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/869962160306135040

A lot of emphasis on that first game.  Looks like you can go 2-1 and get 5th place or 1-2 and get 4th.

sickboy

I literally would have loved to have played any team on the other side of the bracket. The two teams I'd be lest excited to play would have been Oklahoma and UNC. Of course that's where they put us.

The_Iceman

Quote from: BaconAteHer on May 31, 2017, 01:25:31 pm
A lot of emphasis on that first game.  Looks like you can go 2-1 and get 5th place or 1-2 and get 4th.

Which is why I think they gave UNC and Duke the easy first round game.

Letsroll1200

I really hope we can get by Oklahoma and match up with UNC one more time. Guys are going to have to really go to work in the offseason. This schedule is challenging!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Nobody can complain about a cream puff non league schedule. Wow!

The_Iceman

I love this. It gives the guys something to work for all off-season. Will create high intensity workouts.

HogBeliever625

Anybody know when the full schedule is released?

SONofHAM

I want to play against Dana the Coach.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 31, 2017, 03:09:20 pm
I love this. It gives the guys something to work for all off-season. Will create high intensity workouts.

It's what we need to reignite the basketball fanbase.   Too many times we play a schedule loaded with snoozers. We are finally playing a non league schedule that will entertain the fans, motivate the players, and have them fine tuned by sec season.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 31, 2017, 12:03:46 pm
https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/869962160306135040
Damn! North Carolina in the 2nd round again?! You got to be kidding me. I would have loved to be on the bottom bracket.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 31, 2017, 03:20:28 pm
It's what we need to reignite the basketball fanbase.   Too many times we play a schedule loaded with snoozers. We are finally playing a non league schedule that will entertain the fans, motivate the players, and have them fine tuned by sec season.

If there are 13 non conference games, I'm ok with 6 solid games and 7 easy opponents.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 31, 2017, 03:37:37 pm
If there are 13 non conference games, I'm ok with 6 solid games and 7 easy opponents.

Oklahoma, UNC (if ou is a win), game 3, Houston, Minnesota, and Oklahoma State is a tremendous start.

Now if we sprinkle some Akron, North Dakota State, Stephen F. Auston type games in there that'll be perfect.

John Snow

What happened to Kansas being in this tournament???

Jborohog09

Quote from: John Snow on May 31, 2017, 04:06:30 pm
What happened to Kansas being in this tournament???

They're an Adidas school.  This is a Nike only tournament.

onebadrubi

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Im sure Mike Anderson and the boys are excited about another chance at UNC. They are gonna work harder all offseason for that revenge
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

nwahogfan1

Lots of very good teams in this tournament who are well recognized nationally that I would love to play.  So I am disappointed to go 2000 miles to play OU.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 01, 2017, 11:20:24 am
Lots of very good teams in this tournament who are well recognized nationally that I would love to play.  So I am disappointed to go 2000 miles to play OU.

If it were only OU, that would suck but there are 3 games in total so we will play 2 other teams.
Hogs up! Covid down!