Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHY WAS BIELEMA NOT FIRED?!?!?

Started by Tyrant Hog, November 20, 2017, 12:29:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrant Hog

ucla fired mora and he was nfl and bielema with his stupid coaches are still in fayetteville

NuttinItUp

No need to shout. Calm down.

He will be fired soon enough.

PorkRinds

1highhog

He will be fired, have patience, they're letting him stay to Coach his players in their last game.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogwarrior

Ahhhhhh, because he wasn't.  LMAO!  You can't wait another week?

hogsanity

Quote from: Tyrant Hog on November 20, 2017, 12:29:09 pm
ucla fired mora and he was nfl and bielema with his stupid coaches are still in fayetteville

11 posts and every one of them calling for a coach to be fired. Who's 2nd acct are you?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

_Hamlet_

SquidBilly

He was not fired because the people in control have a plan.  The rest of us just need to sit back and give it time to play out even as hard as it may be.  He knows it's coming, and they're likely even negotiating the buyout, but we'll know once they have that all done.

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

EastexHawg

Why does he need to be fired before this coming weekend?  Let's say you fire him and make Rhoads the interim after the 2-5 start.  He pulls out wins against Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina, loses to LSU, then Mississippi State gives us three TDs and we win that one.  All of a sudden he is 3-1 going into the Missouri game and people around the country are saying if he wins he deserves the job for next year.

Why paint yourself into a corner?  That's how LSU ended up with Orgeron.  He has a decent record in a weak SEC this year, but long term they are going to regret it.

Hollywood870

Bielema's getting one more year man. Just needs a little more time for things to gel.

WilsonHog

Simple answer. Because we don't need to fire him to secure the coach we want, and the powers that be aren't vindictive enough to fire him simply to stick it in his face.

All in due time.

farmhawg

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 20, 2017, 12:39:21 pm
Bielema's getting one more year man. Just needs a little more time for things to gel.
I will hunt you down.......if that happens.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on November 20, 2017, 12:33:18 pm
11 posts and every one of them calling for a coach to be fired. Who's 2nd acct are you?
I wanted him fired long ago.but i can wait a few more days. i just want him out of here. just like Jeff Long was fired.i don't care if he is fired or leaves on his own.i just want him gone.we need a coach in football,like the one we have in basketball.Gus or Norvell,would be fine with me.

SquidBilly

If I could I'd reach through the keyboard and slap the taste out of your mouth for that.

MissippHog

Let's say you plan on going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Do you go at lunch in case you change your mind? No, you go when you planned. Bielema hasn't been fired because the people that are going to do it know it will happen when they are ready.

forrest city joe

No he's not. he will be gone after the Mizzo game.

porkrindjimmy

You chose this as your 11th post? Shouting and wailing and knashing at the teeth? For something that is coming?

Go enjoy your day dude. Get a fidget spinner, bang your head against a closet...something...

PRJ

jgphillips3

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 12:40:09 pm
Simple answer. Because we don't need to fire him to secure the coach we want, and the powers that be aren't vindictive enough to fire him simply to stick it in his face.

All in due time.

And it might help him in the job hunt...

woodrow hog call

Ideally he finds another job and resigns, to "pursue other opportunities", he saves face, we save money, and everybody moves on.
If not we can wait til 1/01/2018, and fire him then, still save money.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Freebrd

Long was suppose to fire Bielema but rolled craps on his gamble with the BOT.  To loose a coach and AD in the same week

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 20, 2017, 12:48:10 pm
You chose this as your 11th post? Shouting and wailing and knashing at the teeth? For something that is coming?

Go enjoy your day dude. Get a fidget spinner, bang your head against a closet...something...

PRJ

PRJ

Still feeling Gus?

sickboy

The big coaching domino this offseason is Chip Kelly. The way coaching hires flow is based on coaching dominos. Once the first big domino falls, the others start falling. Arkansas hasn't fired our coach because we're not jumping at the first big domino. UCLA hoped they could fire Mora and still have a chance at snagging Chip Kelly. But it looks like that tactic didn't work and Kelly is headed to Florida.

Arkansas isn't trying to jump into the Kelly sweepstakes, so we don't need to let our coach go to reel in a fish right away. My guess is because we know the coach we're going after is gainfully employed at the moment. So... do the math.

HawgPound

What do you think firing him now would accomplish?

HotlantaHog

One good reason ... John L Smith.

The Hogs' experience with an interim coach was so humiliating I would guess there is strong preference to make a change after the end of the regular season.

Chuck Boarris

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 20, 2017, 12:37:00 pm
Why does he need to be fired before this coming weekend?  Let's say you fire him and make Rhoads the interim after the 2-5 start.  He pulls out wins against Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina, loses to LSU, then Mississippi State gives us three TDs and we win that one.  All of a sudden he is 3-1 going into the Missouri game and people around the country are saying if he wins he deserves the job for next year.

Why paint yourself into a corner?  That's how LSU ended up with Orgeron.  He has a decent record in a weak SEC this year, but long term they are going to regret it.

Great post

jvanhorn

Ask me again this time next week, lol.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: farmhawg on November 20, 2017, 12:41:12 pm
I will hunt you down.......if that happens.

I would lay money saying that when you found him he would have already beat his own arse...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HoggyCat

I don't like the guy, and admit he needs to be fired. But at this point here's no lower point he can take us to, plus the seniors deserve to have him for their last game.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

East TN HAWG

Only one reason to fire him before this weekends game, and its too late now.  If we announced it today, fans could support CBB for one last game.  He's been good to the fan base.  It also would have allowed him to go out in style with his team around him. 

Hogwarrior

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 20, 2017, 01:43:31 pm
I don't like the guy, and admit he needs to be fired. But at this point here's no lower point he can take us to, plus the seniors deserve to have him for their last game.

How do you know they want him for their last game?  From how I've seen this fat arse joke handle the personnel on this team, I'd be willing to bet quit a few of them will be very happy to see him go!

PORKULATOR

they weren't fired because you touch yourself
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogball33

Bielema sure acts like he doesn't know his outcome in today's presser. Looks to be campaigning for 2018. 

moses_007

Very few of us here have any patience.  We want him gone right now.  Or yesterday.  Or after last season......

He will be gone this weekend and our new coach will be announced next Monday at the latest.

New coach has already been chosen and has accepted. 

We all gotta have patience and wait for the weekend.  Find something to do to take your mind off Arkansas football in the meantime.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 12:40:09 pm

All in due time.

In a way making him wait for the inevitable to happen is even more cruel.  He's known since Long was fired and possibly even before that his days were numbered.  Now he has to go out in front of a stadium of people who wish he were gone and try to do his job. 

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 20, 2017, 02:00:47 pm
In a way making him wait for the inevitable to happen is even more cruel.  He's known since Long was fired and possibly even before that his days were numbered.  Now he has to go out in front of a stadium of people who wish he were gone and try to do his job. 

True!!

moses_007

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 20, 2017, 02:00:47 pm
He knew that before the Mississippi State game.  Now all the media are reporting he's gone, so Friday's game will be even more difficult for him.

rljjr

Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does.

Tyrant Hog

Bielema should be fired. Enos should be fired. Rhodes should be fired. Allen should be fires. Anderson should be fired. Drain the swamp of all the football coaches at Arkansas that embarrasses you and me

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: rljjr on November 20, 2017, 02:21:38 pm
How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work?
The same way it works on a '64 Buick Skylark.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

hogginbama

Just to piss you off and watch you scream on the internet acting as if you control anything.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Seebs

Enough!
Someone please give Tyrant Hog the explanation he demands. Out with it!

He uses alternating ?!?! Do you know how hard that is to do for most of us?!?!>?!>
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Mike Irwin

If he resigns and gets another job you don't have to pay his buyout. That's one possible explanation. Another is that until they are ready to announce his replacement why do they need to fire him? He said he was going to be recruiting on Saturday. To me that would be a good thing if you're not ready to name his replacement.

hogginbama

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 20, 2017, 12:43:26 pm
I wanted him fired long ago.but i can wait a few more days. i just want him out of here. just like Jeff Long was fired.i don't care if he is fired or leaves on his own.i just want him gone.we need a coach in football,like the one we have in basketball.Gus or Norvell,would be fine with me.
[/qu
Quote from: sickboy on November 20, 2017, 12:59:11 pm
The big coaching domino this offseason is Chip Kelly. The way coaching hires flow is based on coaching dominos. Once the first big domino falls, the others start falling. Arkansas hasn't fired our coach because we're not jumping at the first big domino. UCLA hoped they could fire Mora and still have a chance at snagging Chip Kelly. But it looks like that tactic didn't work and Kelly is headed to Florida.

Arkansas isn't trying to jump into the Kelly sweepstakes, so we don't need to let our coach go to reel in a fish right away. My guess is because we know the coach we're going after is gainfully employed at the moment. So... do the math.

If we want to be great and at the top of the heap, why didn't we go after one of the absolute best coaches available? Were the members of the BOT scared of being rejected? Sure, we can go after a safe hire like Norvel, or hope Gus loses in the Iron Bowl and go after him.....but why not go all out? We are supposedly firing CBB due to not winning enough, for being a mediocre coach and not winning or competing for a championship. So why are we rolling the dice on a safe hire or someone who has a record of winning 7-9 games a year with top 10-15 level recruiting classes? If we wanna be the champs, we gotta make those moves.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

EastexHawg

Quote from: golf2day on November 20, 2017, 03:05:24 pm
The same way it works on a ‘64 Buick Skylark.

I liked this discussion better when Marisa Tomei conducted it in My Cousin Vinny.

rhames

No way Bielema makes that recruiting trip Saturday.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HawgPound on November 20, 2017, 01:01:02 pm
What do you think firing him now would accomplish?

IT would save us This...
Quote from: hogball33 on November 20, 2017, 01:58:20 pm
Bielema sure acts like he doesn't know his outcome in today's presser. Looks to be campaigning for 2018. 

His termination could be announced with the intent to allow him to finish the year, otherwise you get folks watching this press conference like this...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogginbama

How many of you guys would absolutely crap a brick and seriously contemplate suicide if he was retained for another year? I would laugh so damn hard you would hear it from down here in Bama-Land.