Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Daly's choice for AD

Started by Martygit, November 19, 2017, 03:58:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcbville

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 19, 2017, 09:34:50 pm
Poor JD.  It's sad to see him like this.

Might be time for the ole nursing home putting green

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 08:01:41 pm
in all due respect you certainly are wrong. polls show less than 5% of the fan base dislike or don't want former coach Nutt to lead the athletic department. landing him as AD would certainly guarentee us back in the hunt for the sec west championship

I thank you.

LOL what? How could HDN as AD guarantee anything? And what polls?

HDB is the second biggest clown that ever had anything to do with the Razorbacks.

HouSwine

RedRock

We are here partly because of Nutt's mishandling of Malzahn.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: RedRock on November 19, 2017, 09:38:47 pm

Yeah that too. having the best backfield ever and a chance for an SEC/NC he would rather be stubborn and handicap his OC (Gus)

hawaiianhogster

WOW!!!! People really want to see the Razorbacks fail big time. These fans probably believe and worship the devil. There is too much evil out there and NUtt is one of them.

longpig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 19, 2017, 04:00:32 pm
Sorry to hear JD is still on the sauce.  Still time to get help.

grip it and sip it
Don't be scared, be smart.

BigDeal

Quote from: RedRock on November 19, 2017, 09:38:47 pm
Lets not start rumors and let by gones be by gones. This is 2017 (not 2007)  and we are actively searching for  AD. After the AD is hired( i have a good idea who it will be). the coach will then be hired by the AD.

I thank you.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 09:48:21 pm
Lets not start rumors and let by gones be by gones. This is 2017 (not 2007)  and we are actively searching for  AD. After the AD is hired( i have a good idea who it will be). the coach will then be hired by the AD.

I thank you.

No, lets remember who he was and what it took to remove that cancer from the program. Planes, ads, the dark side, FOIs, etc. He should NEVER come back anywhere near the Razorbacks.

duckman

Maybe, just maybe, a.certain somebody asked John a favor...  You know. hypothetically....

jcbville

Quote from: duckman on November 19, 2017, 10:08:42 pm
Maybe, just maybe, a.certain somebody asked John a favor...  You know. hypothetically....

I thought you retired from pretending you had inside knowledge and sources?

hawaiianhogster

It's like believing that movie stars know everything and everything they say is god like. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAha!

longpig

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 19, 2017, 10:11:51 pm
It's like believing that movie stars know everything and everything they say is god like. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAha!

not really
Don't be scared, be smart.

onebadrubi

factchecker

Nutt needs to return back to his alma mater:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

prattville pig

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 08:01:41 pm
in all due respect you certainly are wrong. polls show less than 5% of the fan base dislike or don't want former coach Nutt to lead the athletic department. landing him as AD would certainly guarentee us back in the hunt for the sec west championship

I thank you.
Danny??
Life's too short to last long.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 05:47:38 pm
Actually he is right. Houston Nutt has and always will bleed razorback red. lets go back several years when we all know Coach Broyles was grooming him hisself for the job. Let by gones be by gones and lets get this program back on top !

I thank you.

He bled enough to run off in the middle of the night to Stillwater and not even tell his coach. Then he bled orange and black. As far as "get" this program back on top HE NEVER had his football team anywhere on top.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dominicanhog

JD loves the Hogs.. he will say what he thinks, doesn't matter if you like it or not....talking a couple weeks back, he said he wanted Wade Phillips as HC... thinks we need a defensive coach..... He and Wade are friends.. said he thought Wade would come if offered.. Wade's 70... I told him to talk to Gruden.. haha

Hogcore

GuvHog

Quote from: JJHog on November 19, 2017, 08:01:59 pm
This is not 1976 you need a businessman not a used car salesman

We've already tried the businessman route for AD and it was a complete disaster. Time to go another direction.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

November 20, 2017, 06:51:48 am #70 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:02:56 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: BigDeal on November 19, 2017, 05:47:38 pm
Actually he is right. Houston Nutt has and always will bleed razorback red. lets go back several years when we all know Coach Broyles was grooming him hisself for the job. Let by gones be by gones and lets get this program back on top !

I thank you.

This is an important point that most on here are ignoring. Houston Nutt was Frank Broyles hand picked successor and would have become the Arkansas AD if he had agreed to give up coaching after the 2003 season. This will carry a lot of weight with the BOT as Frank is held in high esteem by the big money boosters. Houston is not the one I'd like to see get the job but he is a logical choice.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 20, 2017, 06:51:48 am
This is an important point that most on here are ignoring. Houston Nutt was Frank Broyles hand picked successor and would have become the Arkansas AD if he had agreed to give up coaching after the 2003 season. This will carry a lot of weight with the BOT as Frank is held in high esteem by the big money boosters. Houston not the one I'd like to see get the job but he is a logical choice.

When I first saw the name, I dismissed it.. but when you get by the noise, he might be a good choice, though his lack of administration and office politics might be short term obstacles .. My question...does the Hog family not have an assistant AD around the country that want's to come home?

duckman

This is nothing more than Nutt campaigning and calling in favors...

Mike Irwin

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 19, 2017, 07:22:06 pm
Only 5% of Hog fans were ever upset with Nutt.
That's what Frank claimed. I had a discussion with him about it. At one time there was a Hogville poll that showed Nutt with like 8% support. Online polls are not generally accurate. The only scientific poll ever done on Nutt showed his support number in the low 60's. Not as nearly as bad as some here claimed but a lot worse than Frank thought. Most coaches in good standing have support in the 80% range.

longtimeHogfan

John's demonstrated an ability to make poor choices.   ::)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 20, 2017, 07:50:30 am
John's demonstrated an ability to make poor choices.   ::)

but we can all learn from our mistakes..

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 20, 2017, 08:00:37 am
but we can all learn from our mistakes..

That's true and we don't want to repeat one by bringing hootie anywhere near our football program.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

NaturalStateReb

Houston Nutt, like herpes, is a gift that keeps on giving.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Having Nutt is one thing, but then there's that whole family and posse that comes with him.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

NuttinItUp

Who is Austin Cook's choice? Sounds like he will be the better Hog golfer long term.

jgphillips3

People who abuse substances often spout off with stupid stuff.  Don't take it seriously and don't hold it against him.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: 247Hog on November 19, 2017, 04:12:38 pm
If Nutt thinks he can be our AD after leaving Arkansas for Ole Miss...then be fired by them....followed with coming out he DID break NCAA violations (even if the severe ones was Hugh) with a side of suing his previous employer in the middle of an investigation...then he really is full of himself and hasn't come to terms with reality.

Mutt "left" only once, as a player (jumped ship as a former player to Okie Light because Holtz didn't let him start), he was fired from his HC gig....  if he hadn't been fired, he'd still be in Fayetteville muddling around to this day...  he showed his true selfish colors when originally transferred to Okie Light, where I don't believe he started either.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

AirWarren

Quote from: longpig on November 19, 2017, 09:47:35 pm
grip it and sip it

But hey, "he is a cool guy".

Most drunks that haven't grown up are.

Seebs

I felt certain he was endorsing Evan Williams for AD.

Maybe he was just being a Dickle
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

GuvHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2017, 09:09:55 am
Mutt “left” only once, as a player (jumped ship as a former player to Okie Light because Holtz didn’t let him start), he was fired from his HC gig....  if he hadn’t been fired, he’d still be in Fayetteville muddling around to this day...  he showed his true selfish colors when originally transferred to Okie Light, where I don’t believe he started either.....

Anyone who knows the situation back then knows full well why Nutt transferred to Okla. State and there was nothing selfish about  it. Nutt was recruited and signed by Frank Broyles who beat out Bear Bryant to get him. Nutt was a pure drop back passer who was recruited to run Frank's I-formation offense and he did get playing time as a Freshman. When Frank retired from coaching, he hired Lou Holtz to replace him. Lou however, ran the Veer option offense so Nutt, not being an option QB, dropped to #4 in the depth chart. He then decided to transfer to Okla State which still ran the I-formation.

What good would it have done Nutt to stay at Arkansas when he wasn't an option QB and would not get to play??

Cylinder

Quote from: Seebs on November 20, 2017, 09:46:04 am
I felt certain he was endorsing Evan Williams for AD.

Maybe he was just being a Dickle

Heh.

Love Wild Thing, but less certain Johnnie Walker is a reliable source.

1highhog

Me thinks that Daly has now switched to peyote,   

https://youtu.be/rT4UmxqoFt4