Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Jeff Long's firing affect coach Mike Anderson negatively?

Started by FineAsSwine, November 15, 2017, 11:57:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 15, 2017, 11:57:17 am
I always thought that coach Anderson and and Jeff long had a pretty good relationship.

How likely is it that the new AD wants to come in and bringing his own guy for basketball as well as football?
If he keeps the program moving forward, no. Football is too much of a disaster to worry about a basketball program that is seemingly trending upward.

rude1

Any new AD will be smart enough to recognize that the basketball program is in good hands right now and trending in the right direction, one less thing to worry about for him. His attention will need to be focused on the sport that is in dire straights right now..................

k.c.hawg

The new AD is going to have his hands full once he realizes a bunch of fat, rich, wanna be AD's, hired a football coach before he got here. The coach is mediocre at best and has a fat contract that isn't going away..... insuring another 5 years of disappointing football in a stadium with a $120m mortgage. Mike will be here when the AD after this one is hired.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

BannerMountainMan

Are you kidding me?? Bill Vickerie just said Arkansas basketball hasn't been good at all under CMA and he better watch out on the buzz
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hawg Red

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 17, 2017, 07:24:46 am
Are you kidding me?? Bill Vickerie just said Arkansas basketball hasn't been good at all under CMA and he better watch out on the buzz

Consider the source.

Why are you even listening to the Buzz anyway?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 17, 2017, 08:43:25 am
Consider the source.

Why are you even listening to the Buzz anyway?
gotta get through my long drives to Conway everyday
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hawg Red

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 17, 2017, 08:51:17 am
gotta get through my long drives to Conway everyday

Need to get on that podcast life and drown out the noise that is the Buzz. I gave up local sports radio when Wess Moore, Mike Irwin and Michael Smith's show ended when that radio station changed formats.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 17, 2017, 07:24:46 am

Vickery, Smickery, who cares what he thinks right now. Lots of frustrated football fans feeling the pain and will lash out randomly because misery loves company. This team just needs to have tunnel vison and block out the noise. When they hit the top 25 this year, Vickery will pretend he believed in this team all along.
Hogs up! Covid down!