Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over on coaches Hot Seat they are saying:

Started by Hoggie17, September 28, 2017, 11:27:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

They aren't giving New Mexico State much a chance of beating the Hogs but if they do CBB and Long will be fired.  Wrong, they are stuck on like a tick on a dog.

rhames

OH WOW AND WE KNOW HOW MUCH CREDIBILITY THEY HAVE DON'T WE.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogcard1964

hogcard1964

Nevermind.  Found it.

Bret Bielema, Arkansas vs. New Mexico State – We don't give New Mexico State much of a chance to beat Arkansas in Fayetteville on Saturday BUT if NMSU did beat the Razorbacks on Saturday we fully expect that Bret Bielema would be fired right after the game along with Arkansas AD Jeff Long so...YES...this is a MUST WIN Game for the Big Boy and his Chief Enabler in Northwest Arkansas!

Now at 1 – 2 on the season what do the Hogs have left in 2017:

New Mexico State
At South Carolina
At Alabama
Auburn
At Ole Miss
Coastal Carolina
At LSU
Mississippi State
Missouri

Damn...how many games will Bielema win in his FIFTH season at Arkansas?

6....maybe 7 games...YEP that's Arkansas Football folks!

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Hoggie17

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 11:43:41 am
They know nothing and have no credibility

They were pretty spot on when we fired Nutt.  In the weeks leading up to it, they had him in the top five.

I do think after this weekend Bert and Butch Jones will probably flip flop.  I look for Jones to leap into the top 3 and Bert to land somewhere around 4 or 5. 

But you're probably right.  They tend to rank the coaches as to what should actually be done, while overlooking financial numbers.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:46:25 am
What do you know?

More than some website. Anyone with a brain and comprehension of the real world would know that website isn't anything to take as gospel.

Hoggie17

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 11:48:17 am
They were pretty spot on when we fired Nutt.  In the weeks leading up to it, they had him in the top five.

I do think after this weekend Bert and Butch Jones will probably flip flop.  I look for Jones to leap into the top 3 and Bert to land somewhere around 4 or 5. 

But you're probably right.  They tend to rank the coaches as to what should actually be done, while overlooking financial numbers.

rhames

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 11:48:17 am

I mean that's calling a spade a spade

Obviously there is some pressure there on Bielema. He, or especially long, won't be fired if the hogs lose Saturday.

It doesn't take rocket science to put together a list of coaches who may be fired.

Hoggie17

They have good average of spot on. When I first stated reading them the had Lane Kiffin on seat #1 when he was at USC, he got fired like they predicted.

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 11:49:19 am
More than some website. Anyone with a brain and comprehension of the real world would know that website isn't anything to take as gospel.
Yeah the read gospel is that CBB is the best coach in america and Long as AD is in another  league according to rhames.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:54:02 am
They have good average of spot on. When I first stated reading them the had Lane Kiffin on seat #1 when he was at USC, he got fired like they predicted.

Dude like that isn't a prediction. Anyone with knowledge of college football could put together a list like this and it be pretty close.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:56:50 am
Yeah the read gospel is that CBB is the best coach in america and Long as AD is in another  league according to rhames.

Hahaha.

Yeah I beat my chest for them all day everyday.

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 11:57:39 am

Dude like that isn't a prediction. Anyone with knowledge of college football could put together a list like this and it be pretty close.
What's your prediction of how many games CBB will win this year and them next year?

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 11:51:51 am

Obviously there is some pressure there on Bielema. He, or especially long, won't be fired if the hogs lose Saturday.

I hope we win, so I hope it doesn't come to that.  But I think you're really downplaying the severity of a loss to a team like this now. 

Not mentioning all of the choke jobs and blowouts from the last two season, the Toledo, Rutgers and Texas Tech losses were all horrible on face value, and a move couldn't have been made at those times.  But knowing the shape and future of the program, plus being aware of the fact that we know what kind of coach he is (not good), that may not be true now.

Watch the attendance Saturday also.  I expect about 3/4 capacity and if he has another poor showing, the gate receipts for the rest of the season will suffer.  This is where the economics outside of Bert's contract come into play.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:59:46 am
What's your prediction of how many games CBB will win this year and them next year?

Probably 5 this year with a chance at 6. Next year will be the same if he is here.

rhames

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 12:00:21 pm
I hope we win, so I hope it doesn't come to that.  But I think you're really downplaying the severity of a loss to a team like this now. 

Not mentioning all of the choke jobs and blowouts from the last two season, the Toledo, Rutgers and Texas Tech losses were all horrible on face value, and a move couldn't have been made at those times.  But knowing the shape and future of the program, plus being aware of the fact that we know what kind of coach he is (not good), that may not be true now.

Watch the attendance Saturday also.  I expect about 3/4 capacity and if he has another poor showing, the gate receipts for the rest of the season will suffer.  This is where the economics outside of Bert's contract come into play.

When has an AD ever been fired because of a loss??

I'm not saying the program isn't in bad place right now.

jgphillips3

I doubt there's any possibility we could lose to NMSU, but if we did, yeah...CBB won't survive it.  Long will start the negotiation process shortly thereafter but he still wouldn't be fired until seasons end.  He could "resign" sooner, but would not be fired.

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:00:45 pm

Probably 5 this year with a chance at 6. Next year will be the same if he is here.
With records like that how long will he last at Arkansas?

1highhog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:27:10 am
They aren't giving New Mexico State much a chance of beating the Hogs but if they do CBB and Long will be fired.  Wrong, they are stuck on like a tick on a dog.

Even if we lost to NMS both Long and Bielema would still be here.  If we beat NMS this weekend it will be and upset.

Hoggie17

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 28, 2017, 12:01:36 pm
I doubt there's any possibility we could lose to NMSU, but if we did, yeah...CBB won't survive it.  Long will start the negotiation process shortly thereafter but he still wouldn't be fired until seasons end.  He could "resign" sooner, but would not be fired.
This

IronHog

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 11:51:51 am

It doesn't take rocket science to put together a list of coaches who may be fired.

This is likely BBs last season at UA

He likely won't be "fired"

Long will likely be hiring the next coach

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

rhames

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 12:02:28 pm
With records like that how long will he last at Arkansas?

At least till the end of this season.  No matter how loud you yell or how many dumb threads you make.

Hoggie17

Quote from: IronHog on September 28, 2017, 12:04:25 pm

This is likely BBs last season at UA

He likely won't be "fired"

Long will likely be hiring the next coach
If Long hires the next coach it will be cluster mess.

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:01:33 pm

Probably Kevin White at Dame.  He signed Weiss to a very similar contract and buyout as Long did with Bert. 

Hoggie17

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:05:50 pm

At least till the end of this season.  No matter how loud you yell or how many dumb threads you make.
That's what I said in the orininal post, they are stuck to Arkansas like dog ticks.

Con el Cerdos

Nebraska, a couple weeks ago.  Lost to Northern Illinois on 9-16-17, and the AD was fired the following week.

Darren DeLoach

Sigh, you good folks are missing rhames point. He ISN'T saying that BB is doing an inefficient job. He IS saying that if you even did a cursory amount of reading and watching college football, the landscape of coaches coming and going is pretty easy to predict. In otherwise, that site knows NO MORE than anyone on this board. Carry on with the pitchfork and torch waving...
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

rhames

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on September 28, 2017, 12:09:53 pm
Nebraska, a couple weeks ago.

He was fired because of his comments towards the coach

hogcard1964

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on September 28, 2017, 12:09:53 pm
Nebraska, a couple weeks ago.

Ooh that's right.

They play at Illinois tomorrow.  Two programs that are going further into the toilet.

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:11:18 pm

No he was fired because they lost to NIU.

rhames

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:13:25 pm
He was? Link me that

Nebraska fired athletic director Shawn Eichorst on Thursday, five days after the football program's embarrassing home loss to Northern Illinois.

Eichorst has been under heavy criticism for many things, including the hiring of third-year coach Mike Riley, who is just 16-13 after the 21-17 loss to Northern Illinois.

Eichorst, who was nearing five years on the job, is owed $1.7 million on a contract that runs through June 2019.

"Shawn has led Nebraska Athletics in many positive ways, but those efforts have not translated into on-field performance," Nebraska chancellor Ronnie Green said. "Our fans and our student-athletes deserve leadership that drives the highest levels of competitiveness, as well as excellence across all facets of Husker Athletics."

Nebraska plans an immediate search to identify a new athletic director.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/College-Football/2017/09/21/Nebraska-fires-AD-Shawn-Eichorst-after-new-low-with-loss-to-Northern-Illinois/2631506049697/

rhames

I stand corrected.

Still don't see them doing that to long.

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:20:45 pm
I stand corrected.

They probably won't.  Nebraska has more pride than Arkansas.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:11:18 pm

No, his comments towards the coach was addressed to the former coach he fired.  While that didn't help that was not the reason he was fired. 

He was fired because the doggie coach he hired from Oregon State lost 21-17 to Division II Northern Illinois.  And the doggie coach will be gone at the end of the year.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:20:45 pm
I stand corrected.

Nor should they. Let both Long and CBB exit gracefully. No need to poison the waters and make it harder to get decent people.

rhames

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on September 28, 2017, 12:22:03 pm
No, his comments towards the coach was addressed to the former coach he fired.  While that didn't help that was not the reason he was fired. 

He was fired because the doggie coach he hired from Oregon State lost 21-17 to Division II Northern Illinois.  And the doggie coach will be gone at the end of the year.

Northern Illinois isn't division II

They are group of 5

rhames

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 28, 2017, 12:24:17 pm
Nor should they. Let both Long and CBB exit gracefully. No need to poison the waters and make it harder to get decent people.

Agreed.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 28, 2017, 11:27:10 am

Bret Bielema is more and more Jack Crowe with a better contract.

Had Broyles not lost his head and summarily fired Crowe it still would have been an open secret the job would open in November 1992.  Even with no announcement everyone would have just accepted it as reality.

If NMSU wins on Saturday no one will be able to be convinced Bielema will have a job this November. Ironically that may actually reduce pressure on Long for a while as everyone would factor in a change as given.

What's more likely to happen is not an outright loss but rather an unimpressive win that keeps the pressure creeping upward on Bielema and makes the fan base ever more frustrated.. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 12:24:59 pm

Northern Illinois isn't division II

They are group of 5

...and they've been a solid program for 10 years.  They actually have as many BCS bowl appearances as Arkansas.

GuvHog

Not too long ago, Ole Miss fired Houston Nutt and the AD that hired him almost at the same time.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hoglady

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on September 28, 2017, 12:27:04 pm
Bret Bielema is more and more Jack Crowe with a better contract.

Had Broyles not lost his head and summarily fired Crowe it still would have been an open secret the job would open in November 1992.  Even with no announcement everyone would have just accepted it as reality.

If NMSU wins on Saturday no one will be able to be convinced Bielema will have a job this November. Ironically that may actually reduce pressure on Long for a while as everyone would factor in a change as given.

What's more likely to happen is not an outright loss but rather an unimpressive win that keeps the pressure creeping upward on Bielema and makes the fan base ever more frustrated.. 

I just don't see where Long is in that much trouble unless the season really does end up being garbage.
Like 3 to 4 win garbage and they can't get rid of Bielema due to the size of the buy out.
I would think then Long might start feeling some heat.
All pure speculation of course.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2017, 12:42:55 pm
Not too long ago, Ole Miss fired Houston Nutt and the AD that hired him almost at the same time.

I do agree that as far as football at Arkansas goes, Long is also a big problem.  He shares a lot of the blame in this mess.   ...and Arkansas doesn't have the obstacle of a big contract preventing them from firing his arse.  I'd love to see him go to a school like Auburn, Texas A & M or Ole Miss.

jkstock04

Quote from: rhames on September 28, 2017, 11:49:19 am
The majority of what I have read on this website the past 5 years from the homer crowd has been FOS as well....just sayin.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Been10Hog

Long is not in trouble! If he had made some outside the norm hires that backfired maybe. He hired BP and then BB with 3 Big 10 titles. Everyone thought they were great hires at the time. If he hired Nick Saban or Bill Bellechick and they went 4-8 for 3 straight years fans would blame Jeff Long.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 28, 2017, 12:50:08 pm
I do agree that as far as football at Arkansas goes, Long is also a big problem.  He shares a lot of the blame in this mess.   ...and Arkansas doesn't have the obstacle of a big contract preventing them from firing his arse.  I'd love to see him go to a school like Auburn, Texas A & M or Ole Miss.
Would never go there or survive there..they demand a winning program, too much pressure for Long. This has become the most tolerant fan base in the SEC when it comes to losing...it really has.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Redhogs on September 28, 2017, 01:15:31 pm
Would never go there or survive there..they demand a winning program, too much pressure for Long. This has become the most tolerant fan base in the SEC when it comes to losing...it really has.

I know, but I can dream.

Hoggie17

Quote from: Been10Hog on September 28, 2017, 01:07:16 pm
Long is not in trouble! If he had made some outside the norm hires that backfired maybe. He hired BP and then BB with 3 Big 10 titles. Everyone thought they were great hires at the time. If he hired Nick Saban or Bill Bellechick and they went 4-8 for 3 straight years fans would blame Jeff Long.
Long has hired:

1. CBP.... That was after he failed getting Tommy Bowden and Jim Grobe. More to the
               story but not going into it.

2. Smith   because he knew CBB would be available  at end of the 2012 season

3. CBB     It was the perfect storm, Michigan was having trouble getting the right coach
               and Ohio State was in trouble with the NCAA those those 3 big 10 titles really
               are not a true indications of his coaching ability

No, Long is not in trouble even thought his decisions have Arkansas at the
              bottom of the SEC with  Vandy and KY.  He is stuck to Arkansas like a dog
              tick.