Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

homemade deer feeders?

Started by deltahogfan, September 24, 2008, 02:38:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

deltahogfan

Looking for ideas on homemade deer feeders. Have scored big time on picking up spilled corn and soybeans. can't feed on hunting lease, but I have several acres planted in CPR at home and the deer population has really picked up.
Would appreciate any ideas, plans,  pic's, etc. ???
Those who get there first with the most.

ArrowsATC

5in Black corrugated (sp?) pipe and some zip ties. Place the bottom an inch or so off the ground and fill with feed, cap the top.  Couldn't be less expensive or easier. A good cap and zip ties instead of screws will keep the water out

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sirhog

I know this sounds crazy but 2-liter bottles work great. Fill them with corn and cut a cross on 2 sides. Fold the edges back and set them out. It is much more efficient than dumping a whole bag on the ground.

deshahawg

PVC pipe with slits cut in the bottom on top of a rock tied to a tree is a simple inexpensive remedy. I think someone above me posted the same thing.

deltahogfan

Thanks for all the info. I made a trip to Mack,s last weekend and went ahead and bought a feeder. 75.00, which I thought was pretty reasonable.
Those who get there first with the most.

Mitch C

If you think this is amazing, you ought to see what he does with young children and candy.  His last wife was 16 years old before they divorced last month.