Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is everyone planning to do for Opening Day?

Started by hawkeyefan17, March 31, 2005, 05:45:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeyefan17

My dad used to pull me out of school every year for opening day and I NEVER go to work the opening day of the baseball season.

This year I am on leave from work so I don't have to call in.

I will be laying in bed flipping through the channels, drinking a lot of Pepsi and watching as many games as I can.

I love baseball and I can't wait for the season to get here.

Razorback Jedi

Nothing special here. My 2 year old isn't that into baseball!

Pragmatic PiG

i will be watching games for sure

unfortunatley i am a bit dissapointed at thelineup for monday that espn has going. Cincy/mets, tigers/royals, and scrubbies/D-backs

not thrilling to say the least. why couldn't the giants/smell-a or astro/cardinal game be on monday? even bosox/yankee series takes a hiatus monday

hopefully the white sox/indian game will be on wgn

WindyCityHog

Crappie fishing in the morning......White Sox-Indian game in the afternoon.....NCAA Championship at night.....Gonna be a good day....(although I've been offered a good amount of money for my ticket to the Sox-Indian game.....may just take the offer)....

Oklahawg

There was a time in my life I'd "take off", clearing the day to watch baseball. Now, I turn the TV on in my office and watch between classes. Kiddos and I will fall asleep this week watching baseball in the armchair. Just like last year. Its a beautiful thing.

RazorRichard, I was the same way until the rotisserie bug bit. I'm a junkie for MLB again. The only difference is I no longer collect baseball cards like anything.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hawkeyefan17

I have always been a die hard baseball guy.  I always look forward to this time of year and the opening of baseball season. I have talked to many people over the years who say that they were big baseball fans when they were kids but they no longer follow the game as well as people who say they quit following the game after the strike year of 1994. I find that very unfortunate.

I guess I just love the game too much.

I will never forget the many times my dad used to take me to Opening Day (or night) of Iowa Cubs games in Des Moines in early April and there would be like 300 people in the entire stadium and it would be in the mid 40's. It was cold but we loved it. I loved getting the first team program and find out who was on the team that year and who would eventually go on to be big Cubbies. I loved getting my bag of hot peanuts and a soda and talking baseball with my dad. 

Man, I love baseball. Opening Day is the best day of the year.