Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your take on my team in RazorMatt's league.

Started by WindyCityHog, March 11, 2005, 02:33:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCityHog

Scoring is as follows in the head-to-head daily league:

Wins
Saves
K's
Holds
ERA
WHIP

HR
Runs
RBI
SB
Avg
OPS

My current roster:

Joe Mauer (C)
Adam Dunn (1B, OF)
Mark Bellhorn (2B, 3B)
Melvin Mora (3B)
Jack Wilson (SS)
Kevin Millar (1B, OF)
Bobby Abreu (OF)
Magglio Ordonez (OF)
Preston Wilson (OF)
Brandon Inge (C,3B,OF)
Frank Thomas (Util)....will be on DL to start season
Jacques Jones (OF)
Shea Hillenbrand (1B,3B)
Omar Infante (2B,3B,SS)

Jason Schmidt (SP)
Mariano Rivera (RP)
Joe Nathan (RP)
Billy Wagner (RP)
Rich Harden (SP)
Danys Baez (RP)
Scott Linebrink(RP)
Juan Rincon (RP)
Miguel Batista (SP,RP)   will be Toronto's closer
Luis Ayala (RP)
Chin Tsao (RP)  projected as Rockie closer
Adam Eaton (SP)
Luis Vizcaino (RP)

MY SP is my achilles heel....along with SB.

Any feedback?

Razorback Jedi

Must be a deep deep league. Yes, your SP is rough. Schmidt, Harden and Eaton are your 123 guys... RP is looking solid. You need some speed.

Hope that Maggs starts off really hot and then trade him for a guy who can get you some bags...

How many team?

Porkahontas

Hold your breath on the injury front. Mauer is supposively having trouble with the same knee that was operated on last year, so you might want to watch for a back-up catcher. Keep an eye on the Buck kid from KC. He's capable of 25 HR's if he comes around.

Thomas, Maggs, and Preston Wilson are huge injury risks, but if they stay healthy, you're sitting in good shape. Mora is a stud at 3rd. Good thing K's aren't a category for hitters or Dunn would single-handedly put you in the basement. He's liable to hit 50 HR's but with a .240 average. Make sure you keep a couple good hitters (for average) nearby to offset Dunn if he does like he did last year.

The starting pitching you do have is good with Schimdt and Harden, but you need a bit more. Keep an eye on Tony Armas Jr, Runelvys Hernandez, and possibly Scott Kazmir. If either of the 3 start out hot, jump on 'em.

Pretty good team as a whole. How many teams are in the league?

WindyCityHog

12 teams....

I've since traded Jose Uribe for Kevin Millar....

....and I just ok'd a trade....I gave up Mariano Rivera for David Wright AND Guillermo Mota...

....and I picked up Luis Vizcaino..

I don't think I'll ever win the win category....My philosophy is to be strong in 6 categories, and at least adequate in 4  others....If I can go 7-5 or better every week, that will get me in the playoffs...but I do need another SP....I've been offered a very good one for Nathan, but with my dearth of closers, I'm going to play it out for three weeks and see how the injury thing goes in Spring Training and see what gets offered (there's a couple of teams that have next to nothing in RP.

razormatt

My team in that league:

C   J. Buck (KC - C)      
1B   D. Ortiz (Bos - 1B)    
2B   R. Durham (SF - 2B)          
3B   C. Blake (Cle - 3B)    
SS   B. Crosby (Oak - SS)            
IF   C. Pena (Det - 1B)   
OF   C. Beltran (NYM - OF)
OF   L. Berkman (Hou - OF)          
OF   V. Wells (Tor - OF)    
Util   J. Bay (Pit - OF)       
Util   Lu. Gonzalez (Ari - OF)    
BN   R. Winn (Sea - OF)      
BN   D. Young (Det - 1B)   

Pos   Pitchers   
SP   Ol. Perez (Pit - SP)       
RP   B. Lidge (Hou - RP)            
P   R. Oswalt (Hou - SP)          
P   R. Halladay (Tor - SP)       
P   B. Ryan (Bal - RP)       
P   S. Takatsu (CWS - RP)      
P   J. Bonderman (Det - SP)   
P   D. Davis (Mil - SP)      
P   D. Lowe (LAD - SP)    
BN   J. Pineiro (Sea - SP)       
BN   R. King (StL - RP)    
BN   J. Cruz (Oak - RP)            
BN   C. Reitsma (Atl - RP)   
BN   R. Mahay (Tex - RP)      

Got Beltran at 7 overall and somehow or another, David Ortiz in the frickin' 5th round (55th overall pick). 

I'm working on getting another closer and starter, but it might cost more than I'm willing to pay right now. 

I'll compete in everything but steals (pfft!). 

Oklahawg

Matt, your pitching bench looks like the closer-in-waiting list!  You could always hope that Winn suddenly starts stealing a lot of bases. I like the end of your rotation.

Windy you could trade one of those closers for a stud starter, straight up, and not hurt yourself. You may be in a position to trade someone like Hillenbrand for a mid-range steals guy at some point. I love the position flexibility!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

razormatt

I traded some of the hitting for more pitching:

Gave up:

Beltran
Bonderman
Reitsma
King

for

Sheets
K-Rod

Might have overpaid, but I have enough pitching now that I can swap it for offense later when/if it becomes necessary.