Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambergris Caye, Belize ( our home away from home)

Started by BR, August 04, 2015, 07:50:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Dinner tonight , lobsters and conch fritters
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PharmacistHog

Have I told you lately how much you suck and I hate you?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on Yesterday at 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 02, 2018, 09:16:03 am
Have I told you lately how much you suck and I hate you?
. Lol..

Hog_Fink

welp think I know where I'll be doing my instructors dive course.

BR

Sheryl & Becky rocked dinner tonight, So proud of them.  It was Freakin Awesome...       Dinner tonight. Conch fritters, black snapper , chicken fish in the upper left corner. Carrots to die for and bell pepper and onion for the top of the fish. They make the best conch fritters I have ever had, a lot of conch, little red onion, carrot, jalapeño, brown sugar, slap your mama seasoning and hush puppy batter.   Damn 2 weeks down, one more to go....

pigture perfect

Found out I'm going to South Stann Creek and Dangriga in July. That's not a usual tourist destination, but to me that's almost home.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Großer Kriegschwein

February 12, 2018, 03:21:57 am #56 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:40:56 am by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: bennyl08 on February 02, 2018, 01:16:09 am
The GBR is big, but the biodiversity at the Reefs near Belize blows Australia's reefs out of the water, no pun intended.

If you get the chance, I highly recommend a night dive/snorkel. Really spooky and you get to see completely different wildlife.

Regardless, have fun.

Night dives can be the most fun of the bunch. Weird things happen under the water at night, especially in the ocean/sea.

My strangest dive was Maeda Point, Okinawa down the reef at night. You definitely had to plan around the tide. Otherwise you'd drown in 3 feet of water attempting your exit.

Miss the old days on Okinawa. Logged over 350 dives from the northern tip of Okinawa all the way down to the Kerama Islands. Did PADI basic open water, advanced open water with peak performance buoyancy, nitrox, search & recovery, and rescue diver.

Was attempting to get brought in as a Divemaster student when I got orders back to the states that wrecked my plans.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hog_Fink

did my divemaster in Fiji 2 years ago.
have logged around 300 dives mostly around indonesia, Philippines, & fiji.
thinking about doing instructors course on caye caulker & checking out what Belize has to offer.

Großer Kriegschwein

February 12, 2018, 09:30:18 pm #58 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:44:21 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: galactivation on February 12, 2018, 11:28:19 am
did my divemaster in Fiji 2 years ago.
have logged around 300 dives mostly around indonesia, Philippines, & fiji.
thinking about doing instructors course on caye caulker & checking out what Belize has to offer.

I was fortunate enough to have a job where I was done at about 2 pm. I could be in the water at about 3-3:30, depending on where I was going to be diving. Get through two tanks, with a snack in between the two. Be out of the water and at the izakaya by about 7:30-8:00 drinkin a Pittman. 

The out-of-the-way dives were reserved for the weekends. I was stationed at MCAS Futenma at the time for reference.

I'm an odd Arkansan diver in that I've never dove fresh water.

My equipment may be old, but well maintained:

Oceanic Chute III BCD (Back Inflate is the only type of BCD to use IMO)
Integrated Oceanic Air2/LPI
Mares V16 Proton Stage 1 & 2
Force Fins
Reef boots
Kevlar Gloves

I've never been picky about my mask, snorkel, or suit. I have a 7mil suit for winter diving and a body glove shorty for late spring/summer/fall. Well, I should say that I've had them. I'm positive that I couldn't squeeze my ass in those suits even wearing a man-girdle. Now, I'm sure my BCD fits much better though.

Far and away the best course I've ever taken was Peak Performance Buoyancy. Like period.   

bennyl08

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 12, 2018, 03:21:57 am
Night dives can be the most fun of the bunch. Weird things happen under the water at night, especially in the ocean/sea.

My strangest dive was Maeda Point, Okinawa down the reef at night. You definitely had to plan around the tide. Otherwise you'd drown in 3 feet of water attempting your exit.

Miss the old days on Okinawa. Logged over 350 dives from the northern tip of Okinawa all the way down to the Kerama Islands. Did PADI basic open water, advanced open water with peak performance buoyancy, nitrox, search & recovery, and rescue diver.

Was attempting to get brought in as a Divemaster student when I got orders back to the states that wrecked my plans.

I'd love to dive more, but it's just too expensive. I think it'd be awesome to do a drysuit dive under the polar sea ice. However, I'd need way more than the 5 or so that I've logged... Though, those dives have been in pretty cool places such are the Poor Knights Islands in NZ, the GBR, and then also Beaver Lake in Arkansas...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 15, 2018, 11:39:43 pm
I'd love to dive more, but it's just too expensive. I think it'd be awesome to do a drysuit dive under the polar sea ice. However, I'd need way more than the 5 or so that I've logged... Though, those dives have been in pretty cool places such are the Poor Knights Islands in NZ, the GBR, and then also Beaver Lake in Arkansas...

I don't dig having anything in between me and the glorious open air. I'm an open water diver.

I don't do caves, I definitely don't do wrecks (entering them).

BR

Back home after an awesome 3 weeks.... What a great time once again. Till Jan/Feb 2019 when we do it all again.

BR

A work in Progress from our trip this year will update Video when I get all the photos together, was awesome have Djanjo Walker this year.... Jerry Jeff's son, what an awesome person a great musician...   Plus finished 4th in the Belize BBQ Contest, got an invite to compete again next year. Only 12 teams invited from Belize and a couple from the US...

pigture perfect

By this time tomorrow, I will be In Belize. Caye Caulker here I come.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BR

28 days till our 3 weeks on the Island..

BR

Quote from: BR on February 09, 2018, 10:21:21 am
Sheryl & Becky rocked dinner tonight, So proud of them.  It was Freakin Awesome...       Dinner tonight. Conch fritters, black snapper , chicken fish in the upper left corner. Carrots to die for and bell pepper and onion for the top of the fish. They make the best conch fritters I have ever had, a lot of conch, little red onion, carrot, jalapeño, brown sugar, slap your mama seasoning and hush puppy batter.   Damn 2 weeks down, one more to go....
can't wait for this..

McKdaddy

Headed to cayo espanto again in the fall, but not sure exactly when....the wife is supposed to be booking it. I pack my bags when told.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BR