Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boise State message board

Started by TuskDr, November 24, 2012, 11:45:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TuskDr

Do the Bronco's have a similar message board as Hogville?  If so, what is it, and has anyone been following it?  Are they addressing the rumors concerning their coach?

Break & Run

BSU has a Rivals board and they have a forum of it's own called "We want your coach" or something like that.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HamIAm

The Scout Board for Boise also has "The Coaching Speculation Board."  It is described there as follows-

Yes, visiting fan, YOUR School is special, Pete has turned down other schools, but YOUR school is super duper cool & will throw so much money at him he can't say no. Even if he's turned you down in the past, he didn't mean it.. he secretly loves you & has been telling recruits that he wants to coach there because he has a close friendship with your AD, & because you have super Medical services for his Orphanage of Special Needs Children. Come tell us about your super duper internet sources!

Hogwild

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: HamIAm on November 24, 2012, 12:00:48 pm
The Scout Board for Boise also has "The Coaching Speculation Board."  It is described there as follows-

Yes, visiting fan, YOUR School is special, Pete has turned down other schools, but YOUR school is super duper cool & will throw so much money at him he can't say no. Even if he's turned you down in the past, he didn't mean it.. he secretly loves you & has been telling recruits that he wants to coach there because he has a close friendship with your AD, & because you have super Medical services for his Orphanage of Special Needs Children. Come tell us about your super duper internet sources!

Haha. That's awesome right there
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

CallThemHawgs!

Pretty much spot on, haha

Pigdiana Jones

It's called we think we're the best even though we don't ever play anyone board.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

greasy_corner

Do they have a sub-board to track which conference they are in this week?  That would be helpful to the members and guests alike.

go hogues

Quote from: TuskDr on November 24, 2012, 11:45:16 am
Do the Bronco's have a similar message board as Hogville?  If so, what is it, and has anyone been following it?  Are they addressing the rumors concerning their coach?
http://bit.ly/S2YFnI
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hawg Balling

Almost spit out my beer reading this.

baitshop

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Hogz87

Yeah, I'm sure they've gone through this every off-season since 2006, so having a sub-forum like that doesn't surprise me.  And, as much as I'd love to get Petersen, that's why I don't think we will.  He probably gets courted by big name schools pretty often, so why all of a sudden would he pick Arkansas?

Wooderson

Wow for their premium pay board the record for number of fans online is 48 at one time.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Wooderson

The record for the entire web site online at one time is 156
Give me liberty, or give me death!

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 24, 2012, 05:39:06 pm
Yeah, I'm sure they've gone through this every off-season since 2006, so having a sub-forum like that doesn't surprise me.  And, as much as I'd love to get Petersen, that's why I don't think we will.  He probably gets courted by big name schools pretty often, so why all of a sudden would he pick Arkansas?

Being in jeffs long circle of integrity is alot to mull over.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Wooderson on November 24, 2012, 05:46:16 pm

Thats really, really sad...

Boarsnest

Quote from: Wooderson on November 24, 2012, 05:46:16 pm
Maybe they don't have internet service in Idaho. haha

balzak

Isn't Boise ST where we picked up Nutt?

nextlevel

Quote from: balzak on November 24, 2012, 06:55:46 pm

Yes, he was the last coach to have a losing record.

He is also the last coach to find success elsewhere.

Anomaly.

Dirk Koetter? There yes, Elsewhere, nope.

Dan Hawkins? There yes, Elsewhere, nope.

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Hogbrokerz

Quote from: nextlevel on November 24, 2012, 07:00:10 pm
Yes, he was the last coach to have a losing record.

He is also the last coach to find success elsewhere.

Anomaly.

Dirk Koetter? There yes, Elsewhere, nope.

Dan Hawkins? There yes, Elsewhere, nope.

This is eerily true. But Petersen has been able to truly develop talent there. That's the key
Jack Bauer can strangle you with a cordless phone.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Hogbrokerz on November 24, 2012, 07:01:07 pm
This is eerily true. But Petersen has been able to truly develop talent there. That's the key

The few times I have seen Boise in person, I can away completely unimpressed. Im not saying I would not like for him to be our coach, im just saying I dont know how well he would do someplace else

nextlevel

Quote from: Hogbrokerz on November 24, 2012, 07:01:07 pm

Nutt, Koetter, and Hawkins were all eager to jump at the first thing to come along that was "better", Petersen not so much
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

WashUhog6

I posted this in another thread yesterday:

Quote from: UCAhog6 on November 23, 2012, 11:18:50 pm
Petersen has had nearly as many drafted per year through six drafts (beginning in 2007 since 2006 was his first year, and continuing in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012) as Dan Hawkins had total in five years.

2002 would have been the first draft taking place after a full season of being coached by Hawkins. There were two drafted in 2002, one in 2003, and one in 2006 for four total.

Petersen, on the other hand, has had 16 drafted (including 6 in 2012) through his six drafts. That's 2.67 draftees per year. Hawkins only managed less than one per year.

Petersen's offense was also 2nd overall in points per game in 2003, 2nd again (behind Petrino's Louisville) in 2004, and 8th in 2005. Meanwhile, Boise's defense was 33 in total defense in 2003, 39 in 2004, and 58 in 2005. 8 of Petersen's 16 draftees were offensive players, and all four of Hawkins' were on offense.

That begs the question, was Hawkins' success thanks in most part to Petersen's coordinating abilities? Petersen was in charge of the side that won Hawkins his games.

When you put it all together, Petersen seems to have affected Hawkins' success directly through his position as offensive coordinator, has produced significantly more NFL talent, and has had a balance in talent as half of the draftees have been defensive players.

It's something people might want to see if they're worried about Petersen being the next Dan Hawkins.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Wooderson on November 24, 2012, 05:45:25 pm
Wow for their premium pay board the record for number of fans online is 48 at one time.

I think we have hit that in the trash can a few times.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 24, 2012, 05:39:06 pm

For starter's, timing is everything in life.
Logic says there will come a time when Petersen will leave Boise, and that time may be now. After all, all the Boise coaches have eventually left for perceivably greener pastures. Not all of them worked out, but they all left.
So, just because he's turned down jobs before may or may not have a bearing on job offers now or in the future.

checkraiser88

Does anybody think they are a little too cocky with thinking Peterson is staying? I mean the guy Coaches at Boisie State for crying out loud!

Hawg Balling

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 25, 2012, 12:52:52 am
Does anybody think they are a little too cocky with thinking Peterson is staying? I mean the guy Coaches at Boisie State for crying out loud!

No, they're not cocky, they just have something Hogville doesn't have -- a sense of humor. 

Everything in that paragraph is 100% true.  Seemingly whenever Petersen's name is brought up, someone invariably trys to look like they're ahead of the curve by saying "OMIGOD loogit, he only makes $2 million. CHUMP CHANGE FOR US" while at the same time choosing to ignore the fact that he's turned down stupid money at great jobs before and that those close to him have said time and time again that if he leaves it'll be about fit and not money.  Plus, they hit the nail on the head by throwing in the part - which made me literally laugh out loud - about how every fan base thinks their state has some super duper hospital that can help with his orphanage of special needs kids. 

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: balzak on November 24, 2012, 06:55:46 pm

Exactly.  I'm scared of another hire from Boise.  Yikes!!
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

razorbackcpa

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on November 25, 2012, 11:09:57 am
Exactly.  I'm scared of another hire from Boise.  Yikes!!

You shut your dirty mouth. Petersen is a grand slam hire.

Mrcoolhog55

WOW, Way to go FilipinaRazorback. Wow way to go girl. You are smart, and good to have you as a Hog fan. My son is a junior at the U. OF .A. GOOD TO SEE YOU SPOKE YOUR MIND, AND TOLD HIM TO SHUT UP. I Salute you, and hope you will attend Hog games, and support our Hogs. Thank You....

IowaHog1606

When did this become a dating site?