Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deer Season////

Started by toshortrock, September 08, 2016, 09:33:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toshortrock

ok guys i live in eastern ar,,,have plenty of people who will cut deer up and steak it out or make sauage,,it not bad but it could be better,,can anybody here help me out with someone who cuts the deer up ,,make sauage,,steak,,,summer sauage,,and all that please,,thanks
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

oldman1015

Quote from: toshortrock on September 08, 2016, 09:33:02 am
ok guys i live in eastern ar,,,have plenty of people who will cut deer up and steak it out or make sauage,,it not bad but it could be better,,can anybody here help me out with someone who cuts the deer up ,,make sauage,,steak,,,summer sauage,,and all that please,,thanks
Dewitt has a place. What part of eastern Arkansas? Also one in Monticello.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on September 08, 2016, 02:41:45 pm
Dewitt has a place. What part of eastern Arkansas? Also one in Monticello.
If you're taking about half moon in DeWitt, don't do it

kodiakisland

Why not do it yourself?  Nobody will be as picky about the quality of your meat more than you.  You don't even know who's deer you are getting back from a processor.  If you are paying by the pound of processed meat, you can bet they will put everything they can in there to make more money, good or bad.  Meat grinders are a one time expense that will more than pay for themselves.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

pigture perfect

What Kodiak said. If you are near Jonesboro, The Ice House used to do well for me.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Wayne Watson

Quote from: kodiakisland on September 08, 2016, 03:48:18 pm
Why not do it yourself?  Nobody will be as picky about the quality of your meat more than you.  You don't even know who's deer you are getting back from a processor.  If you are paying by the pound of processed meat, you can bet they will put everything they can in there to make more money, good or bad.  Meat grinders are a one time expense that will more than pay for themselves.

^^^ This^^^
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

theFlyingHog

I'm gonna go with Kodiak and Wayno. Get a grinder and a stuffer and you can make all kinds of stuff. If you like meat at all, get a catalogue from The Sausage Maker. I have one next to me now and I have the itch somethin fierce to make brats, breakfast sausage, sauerkraut, snack sticks..it goes on and on

toshortrock

live near indian bay,,i try half moon last year once ,,not to good,,tried the one n marvell,,u right  he doesnt give u your deer back,,,might try to get me grinder and do it myself,,just wanted some sticks and brats,,thanks guys
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

HoGustav

Agree with all the reasons to do it yourself. Plus, we make processing a family celebration. Another way to enjoy the hunt.   

kodiakisland

Quote from: toshortrock on September 09, 2016, 09:39:21 am
live near indian bay,,i try half moon last year once ,,not to good,,tried the one n marvell,,u right  he doesnt give u your deer back,,,might try to get me grinder and do it myself,,just wanted some sticks and brats,,thanks guys

I'm very particular about my meat.  I like to treat game as something I will be eating and not something to throw in the back of the truck and get around to later.  I can only imagine how some of the meat has been handled before it makes it to the processor.  My guess is most people who don't like deer have eaten deer meat that was not taken care of very well.

It is actually fun to experiment and make your own sausages.  It's fairly easy to do.  It does require a good grinder and a smoker.  There are a lot of premixed seasonings you can get that are trial and error as to finding what you like.  Almost all of the red meat I eat is meat I have processed myself.  I don't even like buying hamburger from the store. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

oldman1015

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 08, 2016, 03:07:32 pm
If you're taking about half moon in DeWitt, don't do it
Never used either of them just answering the question. Some of you seem to be engineers.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on September 12, 2016, 01:00:18 pm
Never used either of them just answering the question. Some of you seem to be engineers.
I have used them so I was also answering the question.

ashflathog

Quote from: oldman1015 on September 12, 2016, 01:00:18 pm
It's not that hard to drive a train.

Virgil

I used to process mine for many years but I'm just too busy to mess with it these days.  It's a whole lot easier to drop it off and pick it back up in a few days.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

kodiakisland

Quote from: ashflathog on September 13, 2016, 01:32:37 pm
It's not that hard to drive a train.

The bar scene in The Horse Soldiers came instantly to mind.