Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiehl Frazier to Vanderbilt?

Started by Noslop, December 12, 2010, 04:41:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Noslop

Does Kiehl Frazier follow Gus To Vandy?  He has the grades.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

aporkalypse now

Hawghiggs

If I was Gus. I would do my best to get him.

mmhogs17

LSPRazorbac

Will Shiloh's coach join Malzahn at Vandy?

dc10x1103

hog_fan

Offensive staff will be solid I'm sure. Defensive staff and who he gets as DC is the key

southeasthog

Not according to TitanTiger

Quote from: TitanTiger on December 12, 2010, 04:46:11 pm
I don't really buy that report, but if so, congrats to Gus.  I think he could have held out for a better position, but hopefully he'll be able to change the culture of losing there and do well.

But don't hold your breath thinking we're losing a ton of recruits over this.  Kiehl Frazier for instance already said this weekend that regardless of where Gus goes, it's Auburn that he fell in love with.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

JS McHog

But...I thought he was an Auburn lock.

mossfan3

I think Frazier, Josh Floyd, Rhett Lashlee.... and all of the other SC products should join him.  I guess this means people on here will be infatuated with ole miss and vandy instead of ole miss and auburn.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: southeasthog on December 12, 2010, 05:02:27 pm
Not according to TitanTiger

Quote from: TitanTiger on December 12, 2010, 04:46:11 pm
I don't really buy that report, but if so, congrats to Gus.  I think he could have held out for a better position, but hopefully he'll be able to change the culture of losing there and do well.

But don't hold your breath thinking we're losing a ton of recruits over this.  Kiehl Frazier for instance already said this weekend that regardless of where Gus goes, it's Auburn that he fell in love with.

This is the troll that proclaims $MU-BARN as a clean program!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Noslop

I love this time of year... especially now that we have our coach locked up firm.
Recruiting really gets interesting with the coaching carousel.  I think Frazier takes a hard look at following Gus. We will still face him either way but I like it a lot better with Gus at Vandy. Frazier with Chizick minus Gus or Frazier with Gus at Vandy with less of a supporting cast..... win/win for us.

RazorBassin

Quote from: Noslop on December 12, 2010, 05:07:51 pm
I love this time of year... especially now that we have our coach locked up firm.
Recruiting really gets interesting with the coaching carousel.  I think Frazier takes a hard look at following Gus. We will still face him either way but I like it a lot better with Gus at Vandy. Frazier with Chizick minus Gus or Frazier with Gus at Vandy with less of a supporting cast..... win/win for us.

This^^^

trphog

It's been said countless times: Honorable coaches don't recruit players who were being recruited at the coach's prior school. I don't know Gus anymore than I know any of you, but, if he wants to be the person he claims to be.... he won't be recruiting Frazier to Vandy.

tusksincolorado

Good for Frazier......A better education, and that is what it is all about!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

mossfan3

He won't have to recruit him... Frazier would play for him if he was at any D1 school

Quote from: trphog on December 12, 2010, 05:15:46 pm
It's been said countless times: Honorable coaches don't recruit players who were being recruited at the coach's prior school. I don't know Gus anymore than I know any of you, but, if he wants to be the person he claims to be.... he won't be recruiting Frazier to Vandy.

boonecohog

Guys, let's not cut off our nose to spite our face.  Frazier is GOOD, and right now Garrick probably has as good a chance of landing him as anyone.  I know we've got Allen but you can't have too many good QBs.  So let's show the kid some love!

trphog

Quote from: mossfan3 on December 12, 2010, 05:21:31 pm
He won't have to recruit him... Frazier would play for him if he was at any D1 school

He can't play for him is he is not offered a scholarship. If Gus offers him a scholarship, then that would be considered recruitment. We'll see what happens. I would rather Frazier play for Gus at Vandy than Auburn. I would actually root for both of them at Vandy, unless they are playing the Hogs. I will not root for anyone at Auburn. Regardless, I am just saying its an unwritten rule in the coaching profession: you don't recruit players you recruited at the school your leaving.

yraciv

I bet he gets Frazier. I wonder if he'll offer any of the other Shiloh guys now.

3pigsinafountain

QuoteHe can't play for him is he is not offered a scholarship. If Gus offers him a scholarship, then that would be considered recruitment.

NONESENSE !, players follow coaches all the time.  Sometimes you see a stipulation that the coach cannot contact the player, but if the players contacts the coach first then there is a green light.  That was the situation here in the Dorks first year with the player from Calif. that wanted to play for our DC.  How do you think El Dorko got Mike Cherry and that Defensive AA to Murry State?

OTTER

Quote from: boonecohog on December 12, 2010, 05:22:53 pm
Guys, let's not cut off our nose to spite our face.  Frazier is GOOD, and right now Garrick probably has as good a chance of landing him as anyone.  I know we've got Allen but you can't have too many good QBs.  So let's show the kid some love!
We have more needs in this class than another QB.  Frazier has shown he does not want to be a Hog as he committed elsewhere.  Right now, I would rather give that scholarship to a position we need depth in, and to a kid who wants to be a Hog.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

FaytownHog

hogwild210

Quote from: OTTER on December 12, 2010, 05:46:56 pm
We have more needs in this class than another QB.  Frazier has shown he does not want to be a Hog as he committed elsewhere.  Right now, I would rather give that scholarship to a position we need depth in, and to a kid who wants to be a Hog.

Make sure CBP knows that...heaven forbid he give away that scholarship without your approval  ::)
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

McHogLovin

Quote from: yraciv on December 12, 2010, 05:33:53 pm
I bet he gets Frazier. I wonder if he'll offer any of the other Shiloh guys now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him offer all the Shiloh boys just to start getting some Arkansas boys on his roster.  I'm not sure he'll have much better ways to use those scholarships.  I'm certainly glad you left Aubbie Gus, but this job could be more than you can chew.  I don't even see CBP being able to turn that program, or anyone else for that matter. 

RLWOLFEMAN

Throw this stupidity in the can. Would everyone quit worrying about GUS and the Auburn of NW Arkansas Shiloh Christian. Frazier is a great athlete yes, but anyone can blow up Pea Ridge, Gravette, and countless other small schools. Wonder how much Shiloh spends on recruits each year to keep their so called football dominance going? Wonder if they want to play anymore TX schools.LMAO

VenturaHog

hoghiker

I can't imagine that he won't take a hard look at Vandy, maybe even Arkansas, and other schools which he thinks might fit his play style. A great deal of what attracted Frazier, fair assumption, to Auburn just got on a bus and headed north.

wholehog92

If KF doesn't at least reconsider his commitment after the OC leaves, I don't know what to tell the kid other than good luck.  The OC/QB coach would be a key piece of the coaching puzzle for a QB I would think.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

dbankster

Sounds like a perfect fit for Gus and KF. Both have a background of succeeding at private schools so if Gus can build a program at Vandy like he did at SC, well, guess he is the MAN all the Gus Bus people claim.

jkstock04

If Malzahn is to Vandy, then without a doubt he will follow.  He has already quoted as saying he will go whereever Malzahn is....(can't remember the exact quote but it was something close to that.)

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

woodhog14

The Barners are done in the SECW as long a Cheezit is there with no Gus.

razorback3072

December 12, 2010, 10:15:13 pm #32 Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 10:16:49 pm by razorback3072
Quote from: trphog on December 12, 2010, 05:15:46 pm

So a coach shouldn't recruit a kid just because he has already committed to another school?  So Petrino was dirty for getting Adams to flip his commitment?  Tyler Wilson as well?  Yes, I get that BP was not at another school.  It's about doing your job.

You are not doing your job as a coach unless you are trying to recruit the best players you can get.  It's one thing to try to recruit a player to your future school while you are still employed by the school he committed too(ala MSM crew).  It's a totally different thing to try and recruit him afterward you have left.  He has a relationship with him and I don't blame him for using that.

The question is going to be, when does Gus start the job?  Before or after the BCSCG?  If he accepts the job on the condition that he coaches the BCSCG and all of the sudden KF gets an offer from Vandy, then that's a problem.  However, there is about a month between the BCSCG and national signing day.  So if he gets an offer after Gus gets there, that's not an issue.  Petrino flipped Joe literally at the last minute.  That's doing your job. 
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Bigdavis

His facebook says he's going to Vandy

hogwild210

Quote from: Bigdavis on December 12, 2010, 10:15:35 pm
His facebook says he's going to Vandy

I hate being the "recruit Facebook creeper", but after seeing you post this I had to look...I don't see anything along those lines on there.

Bigdavis

Quote from: hogwild210 on December 12, 2010, 10:17:36 pm
I hate being the "recruit Facebook creeper", but after seeing you post this I had to look...I don't see anything along those lines on there.

You can't see his status if you're not his friend.

hogwild210

Quote from: Bigdavis on December 12, 2010, 10:22:30 pm
You can't see his status if you're not his friend.

He has a public profile...

Bigdavis

Quote from: hogwild210 on December 12, 2010, 10:25:02 pm
He has a public profile...

Oh well I guess a friend was messing with me when he said that just now. I looked and you're right it says nothing.

Bigdavis

He said it was there an hour ago and now it's gone. Hell if I know. I don't really do facebook much...