Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarke Moore arrest

Started by IronMountainHog, January 27, 2018, 08:36:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: twistitup on January 31, 2018, 07:46:19 pm
It's not working - fact.

That's because the "work" has been taken out of the equation by liberals.  You can't, not, lock a criminal up but what we do or don't do after that is what's not working. 

steveaustin69

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 01, 2018, 10:40:47 am
That's because the "work" has been taken out of the equation by liberals.  You can't, not, lock a criminal up but what we do or don't do after that is what's not working.

Is Alex Jones a Razorback fan? This his account?

steveaustin69

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 31, 2018, 05:52:00 pm
I've never had a drink of alcohol in my life so I don't have a problem with that.

Explains why you're so wacky.

Settle down and enjoy a cold one.

oldhawg

Quote from: twistitup on January 31, 2018, 07:46:19 pm
It's not working - fact.

Recognition of a failing system does not improve it.  It's easy enough to see that  a system is not working.

Simply enough to say "The answer lies in rehabilitation systems."  What does that mean? The rehabilitation facilities that are out there don't appear to be working much better than the prison systems.

Easy to say "It's not working."  So, what will work?  I don't have any solutions.  Can you offer an effective alternative.

Grizzlyfan

Hey guys if we want to debate drug policy or what not let's move it over to politics and stop Clarke's name from going to the top of this forum.  There really isn't anything meaningful to add about his situation. 

I Am Smart

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 01, 2018, 10:40:47 am

The prison system is too much of a "Punishment/Revenge" system and not enough of a rehabilitation program to prepare prisoners for re-entry to society. That's why almost all go back to prison at some point after being released
"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

Busta_Nutt

Cinco, your signature line confuses me.

Cinco de Hogo
Loosely translated-Year of the Hog
Very loosely translated-wait to next year

twistitup

Quote from: oldhawg on February 01, 2018, 10:51:33 am
Recognition of a failing system does not improve it.  It's easy enough to see that  a system is not working.

Simply enough to say "The answer lies in rehabilitation systems."  What does that mean? The rehabilitation facilities that are out there don't appear to be working much better than the prison systems.

Easy to say "It's not working."  So, what will work?  I don't have any solutions.  Can you offer an effective alternative.

As humans, we have addictive tendencies, all the rehab and jail in the world won't change human nature. Fundamentally, we like to 'get high' in one way or another (caffeine, nicotine, weed, cocaine, meth, etc..) I guess it's about making responsible addiction choices - sounds crazy, but it's true. But there IS another element to it....

I think we would have more luck dealing with hard core addicts if the focus was on WHY they became addicts - dive into that tough stuff that happened early on that put them on this path. Without addressing the root issues, we will never be able to cut through the addiction - the addiction it is like a warm blanket, a safe spot. Addiction is what an person will use to make himself feel 'comfortable' - and avoid addressing the very difficult issues of their past.

We need to address the root issues through psychotherapy, then proceed from there. I believe if we will look our past square in the fu----- face and try to get help with these issues that the addiction issues will take care of themselves. Hardcore addiction is a RESULT of other issues that need to be unwrapped and dealt with. Like and onion - peel away the layers~
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jkstock04

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 01, 2018, 10:36:54 am
Maybe they wouldn't be overflowing if they weren't country clubs for the criminally intent.  Other than that, yes it's a deep subject you could write a book or several hundred about.
The type you refer to (repeat offenders) aren't afraid of going back to prison...in fact I believe in many cases they look forward to and plan on going back.

That's a big problem...which tells me, for some...prison is a way to be shielded from the responsibilities of the outside world. And that our prisons are very soft for the culture of repeat offenders.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

pigture perfect

Quote from: twistitup on February 01, 2018, 11:05:15 am
As humans, we have addictive tendencies, all the rehab and jail in the world won't change human nature. Fundamentally, we like to 'get high' in one way or another (caffeine, nicotine, weed, cocaine, meth, etc..) I guess it's about making responsible addiction choices - sounds crazy, but it's true. But there IS another element to it....

I think we would have more luck dealing with hard core addicts if the focus was on WHY they became addicts - dive into that tough stuff that happened early on that put them on this path. Without addressing the root issues, we will never be able to cut through the addiction - the addiction it is like a warm blanket, a safe spot. Addiction is what an person will use to make himself feel 'comfortable' - and avoid addressing the very difficult issues of their past.

We need to address the root issues through psychotherapy, then proceed from there. I believe if we will look our past square in the fu----- face and try to get help with these issues that the addiction issues will take care of themselves. Hardcore addiction is a RESULT of other issues that need to be unwrapped and dealt with. Like and onion - peel away the layers~
I agree with this. I also believe in most cases, these destructive habits need to have a spiritual element added to it, so that we trust a higher power than ourselves.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

oldhawg

Now this I understand.  Quit smoking thirty-four years ago.  Coffee (caffeine) has been my addiction every since ---- trading one addiction for a less harmful one.

Wooderson

I vote we just "off" them.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgmasta

Quote from: Wooderson on February 04, 2018, 11:50:18 am
I vote we just "off" them.

Then you'll lose some of the best and brightest people that have contributed to our society. Just because they are down now doesn't mean they won't get clean and have an amazing impact on those around them.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: oldhawg on February 04, 2018, 09:53:00 am
Now this I understand.  Quit smoking thirty-four years ago.  Coffee (caffeine) has been my addiction every since ---- trading one addiction for a less harmful one.
same. down to caffeine and my medical green.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 01, 2018, 10:46:19 am
Is Alex Jones a Razorback fan? This his account?
Are you a snowflake liberal?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 01, 2018, 10:51:39 am
Hey guys if we want to debate drug policy or what not let's move it over to politics and stop Clarke's name from going to the top of this forum.  There really isn't anything meaningful to add about his situation.
This should be taken down

steveaustin69

AlmaHog2011

AlmaHog2011

While I love Alex Jones I am more a Dan Bongino or Ben Shapiro man myself. Sean Hannity is another of my favorites.

I'll probably get another warning from Hogville but I really don't care.

steveaustin69

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 05, 2018, 10:59:04 am
While I love Alex Jones I am more a Dan Bongino or Ben Shapiro man myself. Sean Hannity is another of my favorites.

I'll probably get another warning from Hogville but I really don't care.

No one cares.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 01, 2018, 10:53:09 am
Cinco, your signature line confuses me.

Cinco de Hogo
Loosely translated-Year of the Hog
Very loosely translated-wait to next year

Fifth of "Hogo?"  That's some very loose translation.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

SoonerBaHog

Quote from: hawgmasta on January 28, 2018, 01:30:56 pm
I don't want to go on too big of a rant here but this will continue until we start treating drug abusers with rehabilitation instead of punishment. I'm all for going after drug traffickers or the organizations that run them, they are usually violent and filled with bad men. But what we're doing and have been doing for decades is not working. More people die of just OPIOD overdoses in the United States every year than the entire VIETNAM WAR. Let that sink in and ask yourself if punishing addicts is fixing this problem.

I agree with you.  We need to stop throwing users in jail and making them criminals.  We need to be sending them to treatment facilities to treat the cause of their addictions.

HognotinMemphis

Darwinism at work. Generally, a good thing.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.