Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wisconsin/Nebraska Underway

Started by b_stackhouse, March 09, 2014, 06:39:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

b_stackhouse

The Hogs really need Wisconsin to win this game.

Looks like an impressive atmosphere for Nebraska. Big crowd with a lot of big time Nebraska people there like Pelini and Suh.

yraciv

Quote from: b_stackhouse on March 09, 2014, 06:39:31 pm

Looks like an impressive atmosphere for Nebraska. Big crowd with a lot of big time Nebraska people there like Pelini and Suh.

I bet they don't have any big name basketball guys there. Go Badgers!

b_stackhouse

10-6 Nebraska at the under 16 tv timeout

Danny J

PonderinHog

b_stackhouse

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 09, 2014, 06:44:10 pm
What channel?

Its on the B1G Network. Nebraska leads by 2 at the under 12 tv timeout.

Adam Stokes

Arguably Nebraska's best player, Pettaway, got his 2nd foul at the 13 minute mark.  Wisconsin was +5 with him out, then he comes back in at the 9 minute mark and Nebraska takes the lead again.  Hopefully he gets his 3rd foul soon.

b_stackhouse

Wisconsin up 24-23 at the under 8 to

alaback

First time I've watched the Big 10 Network with interest.

Go Badgers!!!

b_stackhouse

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 09, 2014, 07:01:36 pm
Arguably Nebraska's best player, Pettaway, got his 2nd foul at the 13 minute mark.  Wisconsin was +5 with him out, then he comes back in at the 9 minute mark and Nebraska takes the lead again.  Hopefully he gets his 3rd foul soon.

They are leaving him in with 2. It would be huge if he could pick up his 3rd.

b_stackhouse

Wisconsin up 2 at the under 4 timeout.

b_stackhouse

Jborohog09

11:08 left, Wisconsin is up 49-48.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

alaback

One thing is obvious.  Wisconsin is a very well coached team.

Wisconsin up 4 with 8:30 to go.

bigbadhog

Can't root for WISC in anything for any reason...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Jborohog09

7:58 left, Wisconsin still has the lead, 52-50.  They just turned it over though.

alaback

Nebraska up 3 with 7:03 to go.  Come on Badgers.

b_stackhouse

Nebraska up 3 with all the momentum right now.

Jborohog09

Nice little run there by the Huskers.  Drilled the three, then get a long rebound and slam down a dunk on the other end.

alaback

Wisconsin missing a ton of FT, 8/17.  Nebraska up 5 with 5:45 to play.

alaback

Worst possible scenario events is happening this weekend. 

Nebraska is now up 7.

PorkRyan

Quote from: alaback on March 09, 2014, 08:00:29 pm
One thing is obvious.  Wisconsin is a very well coached team.

Wisconsin up 4 with 8:30 to go.

Their guards can't defend a penetrating guard. They will get bounced as soon as they face a team with two quick guards

b_stackhouse

Nebraska on a 12-1 run. Leads 60-53 with 5:17 left

alaback

Quote from: PorkRyan on March 09, 2014, 08:12:51 pm
Their guards can't defend a penetrating guard. They will get bounced as soon as they face a team with two quick guards

Yeah, I spoke too soon.  They lack athleticism.

Nebraska back up by 5 with the ball and 3 to play.

alaback

And that should be your ballgame.  Nebraska up 8 and the all under 3 to play.

razorbackkid

We are officially the "children of the corn"...amazing.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Dudeman

Seems like whenever I start to care it has the effect of boosting the team I'm rooting against.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

hoglady

Nebraska will have to collapse to lose now.
Up 8 with under 3 to play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

popcornhog

This could really hurt us if we don't get to play and beat Tennessee in Atlanta.

WPS

Hoggish1

LMAO about those big time Neb people...

Jackrabbit Hog

Haven't read Revelations lately, but I think Nebraska being better than awful in basketball is one of the seven signs of the apocalypse.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Wild Bill Hog

Is Larry the Cable Guy there?

PigNasty25

I'm not so sure Nebraska winning hurt us. They went straight to one of the last 4 byes and bumped saint joes down. I don't think saint joes is all that great and could lose early in the A10 tourney. That's what we need to happen now IMO

Danny J

Quote from: PigNasty25 on March 09, 2014, 10:09:03 pm
I'm not so sure Nebraska winning hurt us. They went straight to one of the last 4 byes and bumped saint joes down. I don't think saint joes is all that great and could lose early in the A10 tourney. That's what we need to happen now IMO
but we have to win Thursday to even have any kind of shot. Losing to either of those teams means no dance and honestly we wouldn't deserve to be there if we couldn't beat one of the worst teams in our conference on a neutral court.

Atlhogfan1

Will be interesting to see if the committee has a soft heart for a team like Green Bay. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 09, 2014, 10:35:13 pm
Will be interesting to see if the committee has a soft heart for a team like Green Bay.
I am not sure how their resume stacks up with ours or other power conference bubble teams.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 09, 2014, 11:05:15 pm
I am not sure how their resume stacks up with ours or other power conference bubble teams.

It doesn't.  They have a couple of good ooc wins. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PigNasty25

With the horizon league so bad, I highly doubt Green Bay gets an at large. But we def need to win Thursday. I'm really hoping for another game against Florida. That would be a solid 2 tests for us before the NCAAT begins.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PigNasty25 on March 10, 2014, 03:17:16 am
With the horizon league so bad, I highly doubt Green Bay gets an at large. But we def need to win Thursday. I'm really hoping for another game against Florida. That would be a solid 2 tests for us before the NCAAT begins.

Lose to a 12-18 Bama by 25 points, and then hope for a game against Florida to give us a test?  What in the world does "That would be a solid 2 tests for us" mean?

PigNasty25

Well for one I'm not looking too much into the Bama game. We played awful and couldn't make shots. It's over with. But what I'm saying is playing and beating Tennessee then getting to play Florida would give us 2 games against tournament teams. One of them in which could win it all. I just think that would be good preparation for the tournament if we were to get in.

husker71

Best Nebr team ever IMHO was back in 1965 with Stu Lantz   They beat #1 Michigan with Cazzie Russell  Tallest player was 6'5" or so   It was also my 1st in person college basketball game

WilsonHog

Tim Miles is about to be a rich man.

alaback