Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buyout set at $11.935m

Started by ricepig, January 30, 2018, 04:29:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on February 01, 2018, 02:01:47 pm
No way someone other than Long would have been involved. Especially one with a legal background(something that might be helpful when writing contracts)

I'd win a bet of any amount of money on that not being true.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 01, 2018, 02:06:20 pm
I'd win a bet of any amount of money on that not being true.

I'd win a bet of any amount of money on him not being serious.

Razorbackers

Quote from: I Am Smart on February 01, 2018, 01:52:56 pm
Proven fact: Jeff Long is a writer/attorney in his spare time. He took time off from writing children's books about barnyard animals to write a 75 page contract by himself. Submitted it for approval, to himself. Approved it, by himself. Rubber stamped it, all alone. And gave it to Bielema and his attorneys to sign, all in one night.

RELEASE THE MEMO, JEFF

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 01, 2018, 02:10:41 pm
I'd win a bet of any amount of money on him not being serious.

Me too.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 01, 2018, 01:59:32 pm
Maybe you're kidding but I don't know of him being an attorney. I do know for a fact the Chairmen of the RF Board is an attorney and a great guy. I doubt ANY AD at any large college "writes" the contracts. They have other people for that.

He is. He wrote Bielema's contract. How do I know this? Because he is also my attorney.

http://www.braylong.com/attorneys/jeff-long/

EastexHawg

We were all lied to.  Long was for the first time taking heat for a number of things, including the performance of the major sports programs under his watch AND the one-sided buyout.  All of a sudden, a story emerges that the buyout isn't really so bad, less than $6 million.

There are no coincidences.  That wasn't a mistake or an omission, it was a lie.  If Long had kept his job and Bielema hadn't been fired it could have been covered up, or at least kept quiet long enough for Long to have a chance to weather the storm.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm
He is. He wrote Bielema's contract. How do I know this? Because he is also my attorney.

http://www.braylong.com/attorneys/jeff-long/

HAHA! Good one! Gotta give credit where credit is due.

rude1

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 01, 2018, 12:52:30 pm
Do you still direct angst towards the guy or girl who broke up with you in high school or now that he or she is gone from your life you just move along?
If there are no lessons learned from this gross negligence, how confident are you going forward that the right decisions for the program will be made?

hogcards

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 01, 2018, 01:41:15 pm
Read. It's good for you. OkieBack literally said "like the guy who wrote the contract, or at least initiated the process." That's why I responded to him the way I did.

And sure, there's a chance Long did have the final say. I'm not disputing that. But I don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna state it as fact.

But if you don't realize how many channels that contract would have to go through before it got to him for the final say, then nothing on God's green earth can help you.

It's not I that "needs help".

Take care
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

RME

Quote from: rude1 on February 01, 2018, 04:19:54 pm
If there are no lessons learned from this gross negligence, how confident are you going forward that the right decisions for the program will be made?

Depends.

I could say I'm extremely confident given that we have a new AD and new administration who will learn from the previous administration's mistakes.

Or, I could say I'm not confident at all if Long was the scapegoat of the BOT, the RF, and the other PTB who are still there and definitely had a say in the grossly large contract and extension.

PorkSoda

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 02, 2018, 11:34:15 am
Depends.

I could say I'm extremely confident given that we have a new AD and new administration who will learn from the previous administration's mistakes.

Or, I could say I'm not confident at all if Long was the scapegoat of the BOT, the RF, and the other PTB who are still there and definitely had a say in the grossly large contract and extension.
Long was probably a scapegoat to a certain extent.  there is no way there aren't multiple levels of input and approvals to authorization a contract.

However, so far, I like the new guy.  sometimes a fresh perspective is good for a program.  with a new AD and a new HC, we are going to get just that.

the reality here is that when Long fired Petrino (likely without unanimous board support) that he tied his career at arkansas to who he chose to replace  him.  its not coincidence that both were fired at roughly the same time.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

RME

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 02, 2018, 03:19:31 pm
Long was probably a scapegoat to a certain extent. there is no way there aren't multiple levels of input and approvals to authorization a contract.

However, so far, I like the new guy.  sometimes a fresh perspective is good for a program.  with a new AD and a new HC, we are going to get just that.

Strongly agree with both your points.

I just can't wrap my head around those posters who choose to blame Long and Long alone as though he had complete autonomy over the contract and extension talks. That's mind-boggling.

hog.goblin

I got roasted on here several months ago for saying the newspaper was wrong and told I didn't understand contracts...

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 02, 2018, 05:36:33 pm
I got roasted on here several months ago for saying the newspaper was wrong and told I didn't understand contracts...

You don't understand contracts! Hell, all the newspaper did was run it past a couple of lawyers, that doesn't mean they know anything......

hog.goblin

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2018, 05:54:42 pm
You don't understand contracts! Hell, all the newspaper did was run it past a couple of lawyers, that doesn't mean they know anything......

I figured the attorneys were paid to give a certain opinion, not the expected result

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 02, 2018, 06:47:32 pm
I figured the attorneys were paid to give a certain opinion, not the expected result

I mean, that's why we appoint them the SCOTUS.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 02, 2018, 03:19:31 pm
Long was probably a scapegoat to a certain extent.  there is no way there aren't multiple levels of input and approvals to authorization a contract.

the reality here is that when Long fired Petrino (likely without unanimous board support) that he tied his career at arkansas to who he chose to replace  him.  its not coincidence that both were fired at roughly the same time.
Not saying this is true and there is no way to FOI the Foundation to find out but those familiar with the BOT's complaints to Steinmetz (which resulted in Long being fired) say that Long encouraged the Foundation to offer an additional buyout for Bielema with the idea that it could be hidden.

They also say that Tommy Boyer somehow came across this information and presented it to the rest of the BOT along with some other things that were allegedly done through the Foundation that they (the BOT) did not know about until Boyer began digging.

Some will say who cares? I understand that. Long is gone and that's that. But what surprised me was that the BOT had for years ignored various complains about Long and suddenly, in the space of a few days, they pretty much told Steinmetz to fire Long or they would fire Steinmetz. I knew something must have happened besides the usual booster complaints because that stuff had never been taken seriously by the BOT.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 02, 2018, 08:32:24 pm
Not saying this is true and there is no way to FOI the Foundation to find out but those familiar with the BOT's complaints to Steinmetz (which resulted in Long being fired) say that Long encouraged the Foundation to offer an additional buyout for Bielema with the idea that it could be hidden.

They also say that Tommy Boyer somehow came across this information and presented it to the rest of the BOT along with some other things that were allegedly done through the Foundation that they (the BOT) did not know about until Boyer began digging.

Some will say who cares? I understand that. Long is gone and that's that. But what surprised me was that the BOT had for years ignored various complains about Long and suddenly, in the space of a few days, they pretty much told Steinmetz to fire Long or they would fire Steinmetz. I knew something must have happened besides the usual booster complaints because that stuff had never been taken seriously by the BOT.
That would certainly be interesting, though it would cause me to ask what incentive Long had to both ask for and hide an additional buyout for CBB. 

did he really think someone would try to steal away a coach that had won 2 conference games in 2 years?  it seems the buy out was fairly one sided in that there was a significantly larger cost to fire him than for him to leave.  so again, I can't help but wonder what the incentive for Long to do so was.

I also feel like I'm missing something with the "extra buy out" theory.  I mean the buyout both before and after the extension was essentially the pro rating of his base salary for the remaining life of the contract.  so what about that involves a secondary by out?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 02, 2018, 09:12:18 pm
That would certainly be interesting, though it would cause me to ask what incentive Long had to both ask for and hide an additional buyout for CBB. 

did he really think someone would try to steal away a coach that had won 2 conference games in 2 years?  it seems the buy out was fairly one sided in that there was a significantly larger cost to fire him than for him to leave.  so again, I can't help but wonder what the incentive for Long to do so was.

I also feel like I'm missing something with the "extra buy out" theory.  I mean the buyout both before and after the extension was essentially the pro rating of his base salary for the remaining life of the contract.  so what about that involves a secondary by out?
That would be a good question to ask a BOT member although I was told they would not acknowledge why they did what they did. Officially Long was fired for convenience and supposedly that's what any of them would say to a reporter.

I did ask some of my sources why he was fired for convenience if he was actually fired for the reasons I was given. They said that if the BOT made public these reasons it would make them look bad for not properly supervising Long. Interesting but technically it's not the BOT's job to supervise the AD. It's the chancellor's responsibility.  He would be the one that would look bad and yet they never publicly criticized Steinmetz that I'm aware of.

There is a lot to this situation that we will likely never know for sure.

HognitiveDissonance

And Steinmetz had only been around a short while, so not sure how fair it would have been to hold his feet to the fire.

HognitiveDissonance

It's also interesting how Tommy Boyer is always in the middle of things.
Not meant as a negative, I just think he is someone who is usually involved in a good way and has the UA's interests at heart.

He was the same guy who was on the basketball search committee in 2002 and who years later in an interview with Inside Razorback Athletics said in so many words that Bill Self could have been had at the time. It's one of those things that he couldn't have talked about in 2002 but years later felt comfortable discussing without feeling he was revealing 'secrets' or disclosing information. Of course we know the UA went in a different direction and it still pains me to this day.

Basically 2002 was the year Razorback basketball died. Instead of a 40-year run of Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson, and Bill Self, the UA went to Heath/Pelphrey/Anderson. It was a titanic mistake in 2002 and we're still suffering from it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 02, 2018, 10:55:40 pm
Basically 2002 was the year Razorback basketball died. Instead of a 40-year run of Eddie Sutton, Nolan Richardson, and Bill Self, the UA went to Heath/Pelphrey/Anderson. It was a titanic mistake in 2002 and we're still suffering from it.

A decade from now the same will be said about 2012 and Razorback football.

Melancholy_Pigg

Long as AD is entrusted by the University via the BOT with the authority to do what exactly when it comes to putting together the critical terms (ie, the structure of the contract as regards money, extension length, buyout) of an extension proposal to an existing coach?

I would think that Long likely got input from other administrators, BOT members and the Foundation and then...

Presented the extension to the BOT for approval prior to offering it to Bielema?   Is that - in general terms - what happens?

Long would be driving the process.  Surely he would be in the driver's seat.

Now if enough members of the BOT disagreed with Long's proposal, they could I assume reject it.  How the voting would work and how many BOT members it woukd take IDK.

But as the AD,  Long would make the initial decision on 1.whether to offer an extension at all, and 2. Long would decide how much of an economic commitment the University wanted to make with Bielema - he I assume is the guy putting together the deal to submit to the BOT for approval.

How often is the BOT going to outright reject what an AD is proposing?

If the above is more or less the process, then Long likely had a good bit of leeway within his judgment.

For instance, Long could have offered 6 mil or 8 mil or...15 mil and his proposal would get approved in the normal course of events.

I thus put the 15 million on Long.  He coukd have offered less.

As a P5 program, I would also argue that we are not helpless to the "market" in these situations. We are a part of the market.

Long could have low-balled Bielema.  Why not?  Was Bielema a hot commodity on the market?  No.  And furthermore, giving Bret Bielema a $15 million buyout in all likelihood did NOT help Bret Bielema's drive to be the best coach Bret Bielema could be. 

And finally - the fact that Long was NOT willing to fire Bielema after this most recent God-awful blundering of a season shows in all reasonableness that Long's judgment was clouded and he was not thinking in the best interests of the University and the program.

Long was implicitly looking out for Bielema's best interest.

I think the folks blaming Long and hoping to heck The Hill  learned something carry the argument.

And as for how the disclosure of the $15 mil was handked by Long - draw your own conclusions.

Notice that when all is said and done these two departed with a lot of money.  Bielema "somehow" is on his way to getting over $30 mil for winning 11 SEC games in 5 years.  Long did very nicely himself. 

And we had to pay both them AND find money to hire a new regime to try and clean-up the dumpster fire.

We got Carpet-Bagged. 

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

It took Long, Gearhart, and Bobbitt on behalf of the BOT to sign the extension. The RF, Rochelle at the time, had to know about the financial terms of the extension, as they were on the hook for it. Was it sloppy work by lawyers, or as you say, intended, we'll never know, unless it's in those 20,000 emails that have been FOI'd.

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2018, 08:35:18 am
It took Long, Gearhart, and Bobbitt on behalf of the BOT to sign the extension. The RF, Rochelle at the time, had to know about the financial terms of the extension, as they were on the hook for it. Was it sloppy work by lawyers, or as you say, intended, we'll never know, unless it's in those 20,000 emails that have been FOI'd.
Under your theory, my LLC could buy Amazon too. I just need to find someone to give me enough money.

rtr

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2018, 08:35:18 am
Oh, there is no question that there was a failure to oversee Jeff Long.  He was riding high or seemed to be. It has been disputed vehemently but Long's position seemed to have become slightly less secure when Gearhart left.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2018, 11:12:38 am
Under your theory, my LLC could buy Amazon too. I just need to find someone to give me enough money.

That's the reason they call them leveraged buyouts.

rtr

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2018, 11:29:12 am
That's the reason they call them leveraged buyouts.
I don't think it all that farfetched that Wal-Mart could take over Amazon.  It works the the other way around too.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on February 02, 2018, 10:55:40 pm
It's also interesting how Tommy Boyer is always in the middle of things.
Not meant as a negative, I just think he is someone who is usually involved in a good way and has the UA's interests at heart.

He was the same guy who was on the basketball search committee in 2002 and who years later in an interview with Inside Razorback Athletics said in so many words that Bill Self could have been had at the time. It's one of those things that he couldn't have talked about in 2002 but years later felt comfortable discussing without feeling he was revealing 'secrets' or disclosing information. Of course we know the UA went in a different direction and it still pains me to this day.

And he was right. Self was there for the taking. At the time he was making something like $800,000 a year at Illinois. Frank Offered him $1.33 million. That's because Nolan had been making $1.34 million and John White, who was terrified of Nolan's threatened lawsuit, told Frank he could not offer the new coach, if he was white, more than Nolan had been getting.

Illinois offered self 1.4 million to stay and White would not authorize Frank to go higher.

Now ask yourself, how different would Razorback basketball have been since 2002 if Bill Self had been the coach? This is just one of the reasons why I continue to say that John White did more damage to Razorback athletics that anybody ever employed at the U of A.

rtr

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 03, 2018, 03:26:12 pm
And he was right. Self was there for the taking. At the time he was making something like $800,000 a year at Illinois. Frank Offered him $1.33 million. That's because Nolan had been making $1.34 million and John White, who was terrified of Nolan's threatened lawsuit, told Frank he could not offer the new coach, if he was white, more than Nolan had been getting.

Illinois offered self 1.4 million to stay and White would not authorize Frank to go higher.

Now ask yourself, how different would Razorback basketball have been since 2002 if Bill Self had been the coach? This is just one of the reasons why I continue to say that John White did more damage to Razorback athletics that anybody ever employed at the U of A.
You are so right.

RME

In the spirit of journalistic integrity -- and I'm serious Mike, I know you're one of the most respected media members covering the Razorbacks and I personally love reading your insights, but considering everything...that is the Petrino hiring and firing, the Bielema hiring and contract, the Anderson hiring, et al, could Arkansas athletics have done any better/done much different to change the landscape of where football and basketball are right now?

I understand if this post isn't answered. I just think it's worth asking a respected member of the media his thoughts on the situation and if Arkansas football/basketball would be better off. I personally hate hypotheticals, and I know that's what I'm posing here, but just throwing it out there. That's all.

HognitiveDissonance

Have been saying the same thing forever, so no argument here.

Other than money, I think Self would have taken it, because he has ties to this part of the country, and his in-laws are around here as well. Plus, at the time, Arkansas would have been considered a better job. Everything tied together. I have no way of 'proving' it, but I have no doubt Self would have been here if things were allowed to run their course.

rtr

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 03, 2018, 09:35:26 pm
In the spirit of journalistic integrity -- and I'm serious Mike, I know you're one of the most respected media members covering the Razorbacks and I personally love reading your insights, but considering everything...that is the Petrino hiring and firing, the Bielema hiring and contract, the Anderson hiring, et al, could Arkansas athletics have done any better/done much different to change the landscape of where football and basketball are right now?

I understand if this post isn't answered. I just think it's worth asking a respected member of the media his thoughts on the situation and if Arkansas football/basketball would be better off. I personally hate hypotheticals, and I know that's what I'm posing here, but just throwing it out there. That's all.
Good grief.

Jimbob111

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 30, 2018, 07:10:30 pm

well Trump and boys removed all the safeguards of that happening again, little as they were , so just stick around for a few years.  You will get a lesson in those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it, not that it matters i guess.  Hawkings says we are a doomed planet--and he is a genius and as non political as you can get.  Won't matter to us but if you love your grandkids you might be a little worried.  Not that anyone wants to think about stuff like that, lol.

Dang, that took a dark turn...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

Quote from: Melancholy_Pigg on February 03, 2018, 02:53:28 am
Long as AD is entrusted by the University via the BOT with the authority to do what exactly when it comes to putting together the critical terms (ie, the structure of the contract as regards money, extension length, buyout) of an extension proposal to an existing coach?

I would think that Long likely got input from other administrators, BOT members and the Foundation and then...

Presented the extension to the BOT for approval prior to offering it to Bielema?   Is that - in general terms - what happens?

Long would be driving the process.  Surely he would be in the driver's seat.

Now if enough members of the BOT disagreed with Long's proposal, they could I assume reject it.  How the voting would work and how many BOT members it woukd take IDK.

But as the AD,  Long would make the initial decision on 1.whether to offer an extension at all, and 2. Long would decide how much of an economic commitment the University wanted to make with Bielema - he I assume is the guy putting together the deal to submit to the BOT for approval.

How often is the BOT going to outright reject what an AD is proposing?

If the above is more or less the process, then Long likely had a good bit of leeway within his judgment.

For instance, Long could have offered 6 mil or 8 mil or...15 mil and his proposal would get approved in the normal course of events.

I thus put the 15 million on Long.  He coukd have offered less.

As a P5 program, I would also argue that we are not helpless to the "market" in these situations. We are a part of the market.

Long could have low-balled Bielema.  Why not?  Was Bielema a hot commodity on the market?  No.  And furthermore, giving Bret Bielema a $15 million buyout in all likelihood did NOT help Bret Bielema's drive to be the best coach Bret Bielema could be. 

And finally - the fact that Long was NOT willing to fire Bielema after this most recent God-awful blundering of a season shows in all reasonableness that Long's judgment was clouded and he was not thinking in the best interests of the University and the program.

Long was implicitly looking out for Bielema's best interest.

I think the folks blaming Long and hoping to heck The Hill  learned something carry the argument.

And as for how the disclosure of the $15 mil was handked by Long - draw your own conclusions.

Notice that when all is said and done these two departed with a lot of money.  Bielema "somehow" is on his way to getting over $30 mil for winning 11 SEC games in 5 years.  Long did very nicely himself. 

And we had to pay both them AND find money to hire a new regime to try and clean-up the dumpster fire.

We got Carpet-Bagged. 

I find no fault with this argument. I don't know what Long's rationale was but the only thing that makes sense is that at the end of the day, all he did was make both him and Bielema a ton of money.

At a minimum, due diligence and fiduciary competence should have kept both of them from collecting any large payouts and yet, they did. Both of them rode off into the sunset with bags of cash painted Razorback red.

So, who was minding the store when it was robbed? Strangely, other than Long and Bielema's crew, I didn't hear about any other notable firings.

Weird how that works.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

rtr

Quote from: Jimbob111 on February 04, 2018, 03:51:15 am
I find no fault with this argument. I don't know what Long's rationale was but the only thing that makes sense is that at the end of the day, all he did was make both him and Bielema a ton of money.

At a minimum, due diligence and fiduciary competence should have kept both of them from collecting any large payouts and yet, they did. Both of them rode off into the sunset with bags of cash painted Razorback red.

So, who was minding the store when it was robbed? Strangely, other than Long and Bielema's crew, I didn't hear about any other notable firings.

Weird how that works.
Gearhart is no longer Chancellor.

Mike Irwin

February 04, 2018, 01:36:47 pm #187 Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:36:46 pm by Mike Irwin

You don't think having Bill Self in charge of the basketball program would have produced better results than Stan Heath, John Pelphrey and Mike Anderson? The unknown is how long Self would have stayed but if he were winning the SEC and competing for national titles like Nolan was I can't see why he would leave given his ties to the area.

Then there is Tom Tuberville vs Houston Nutt because White did the same thing in football. I know that some of you think Nutt did just fine considering the struggles of Bret Bielema. Well Tuberville knew the SEC. He had won at Ole Miss. He went on to win at Auburn including an undefeated team that was bypassed for the NC. But the main thing I know about Tuberville is that he wasn't stupid enough to be jealous of his own players and go around spreading rumors about them. All that bat crap crazy nonsense in 06 would have never happened under Tuberville.

Not that many here give a flip about women's hoops but White ran off Gary Blair in favor of Susie Gardner. Blair won a national title at A&M. Gardner put Arkansas women's basketball in the toilet.

oldhawg

... could Arkansas athletics have done any better/done much different to change the landscape of where football and basketball are right now?

Well, if we are speculating and wishing -----

Once Frank Broyles engineered Arkansas's entrance into the SEC, I would have liked to have seen him hire Terry Don Phillips as athletic director as he (Broyles) announced his retirement and became Athletic Director Emeritus.   

IMO if that had happened, the state of Razorback athletics would be much better today.

Melancholy_Pigg

Quote from: Jimbob111 on February 04, 2018, 03:51:15 am

Weird how that works.

Thank you for the response.  My apologies for the length and I did not say anything new.  I just tried to break it down.

You summed it up nicely - due diligence & fiduciary competence - where were they?

Sounds like the new AD has a different theory.  Man I just hope we got a guy motivated to win and bring back the excitement - at least be competitive.

Go Hogs!