Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ut Oh...........GT and Memphis might be in trouble

Started by Inhogswetrust, November 07, 2017, 03:43:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Reported that GT has suspended some players and stuff has been turned over to the NCAA by a friend of Josh Pastner. He says stuff happened even back to Josh's Tiger High tenure.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TrueBlue

Fan701

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 07, 2017, 03:43:38 pm
Reported that GT has suspended some players and stuff has been turned over to the NCAA by a friend of Josh Pastner. He says stuff happened even back to Josh's Tiger High tenure.

This will probably affect Ole Miss, too, since Memphis-to-Ole-Miss graduate transfer Markel Crawford's eligibility will likely be called into question. 

hogwood

Always thought Pastner was a dirt bag. It was sketchy how many top-100 recruits he could get to Memphis and then how many would transfer out each year. I'm glad all these guys are feeling the heat now. Go Hogs!

Atlhogfan1

That's all?  Expected the amounts to be more and transgressions worse. 

$300 in gift cards and a pair of shoes  ::)
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rhog1

Should be a lesson to Coaches everywhere. Always wish your bagman a Happy Birthday.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 08, 2017, 02:20:39 pm
That's all?  Expected the amounts to be more and transgressions worse. 

$300 in gift cards and a pair of shoes  ::)
Yeah this is like no money. I suspect this is a slap on the wrist, nothing more. Quite honestly, it shouldn't be anything more than a slap on the wrist. There are programs getting investigated for high financial crimes, and Pastner had a guy buying people shoes or plane tickets.
I don't think it shocks anyone, though, that he isn't squeaky clean.
In the article, that guy comes off as a baby, and Pastner comes off as a jerk.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Inhogswetrust

November 23, 2017, 01:20:25 pm #7 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 06:01:43 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on November 08, 2017, 04:51:18 pm

In the article, that guy comes off as a baby, and Pastner comes off as a jerk.

True on both counts.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi