Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Publius

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

osumed14

If lead stays at 7 after the 7th how long you keep Bolsinger in?

nesjunk

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 30, 2009, 09:55:30 pm
15th inning in Austin

Texas 2
BC 2

Longhorns have now gone 12 innings without a run.  But amazingly, they still have a chance to win.

donewithdale

Quote from: Hoggies on May 30, 2009, 09:56:33 pm
by winning tonight we play one of the teams we have OWNED this year...this regional has been so sweet for us...even if we do not win game one tomorrow, we play another...not to worry...we will sweep and win out...but that of course is just my opinion.

We caught a break with this assignment.  The committee pretty much said we can't give you a 1 with the meltdown the last 3 weeks but you can be put in pretty much the best position of any #2 with both the proximity and opponents. 

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Clint Alan

Publius

Quote from: rubmyHOG on May 30, 2009, 10:03:06 pm
Bad Guy

error Bigham

man on 1st

1 out
That is just the sort of crap you can't do...make the damn play, man

Mikey

It's great to see OU having to use so many pitchers.  If we close this one out tonight, they're going to have trouble finding enough pitching to win this regional.

Clint Alan

Publius

Quote from: donewithdale on May 30, 2009, 10:03:47 pm
We caught a break with this assignment.  The committee pretty much said we can't give you a 1 with the meltdown the last 3 weeks but you can be put in pretty much the best position of any #2 with both the proximity and opponents. 
What regional winner does our regional winner play?

Publius

hillbilly

I've never said fire DVH or any of his assistants but dumb baseball is still dumb baseball, no matter who the HC is.  Five runs without getting an out before we change pitchers.  I mean we are playing the home team, the #1 rated team in the regional, the team with the fans, never ever let them up for any reason.  And yes,we are hitting tonight but we all know we ARE NOT a great hitting team and thats just more reason you don't give an inch to the OU squad.  Never take your foot off their neck. 

donewithdale

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 10:05:28 pm
What regional winner does our regional winner play?

Fl St and their short right field.  We would need to keep this hitting up to stay with the Noles.

Clint Alan

Bad Guy

fly out to CF

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Oklahoma       1   0   0   0   0   5   0               6    7   0
Arkansas        4   0   2   1   3   3                   13  17  0

0 runs, 1 hit, 1 man left

PorcineSublime

Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

chiefsfan

Hard to believe that Boston College doesnt have a radio broadcast of games.   thats living in a big city for you
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hoggies

something I have said for many years and stand by it...everyone says defense wins...such as pitching or defense in FB...think about this for just a few...say the game is tied....you are in OT...it goes back and forth untul someone does what? score...simple as that...it is NOT defense that wins...it is offense...if you score the last point you win.

now, many will argue about the Ravens or Bucs or the Pistons of past...you cannot make an arguement even by providing stats...offense wins games...if our Hog Baseball team bats are on fire then they cannot score more than us. As long as we score ONE more run then we win.

PigDaddyKane

Texas and BC are tied 2-2 in the bottom of the 15th. 
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

RD

Take your rant somewhere else and stop messing up pbp

Publius

Quote from: donewithdale on May 30, 2009, 10:06:51 pm
Fl St and their short right field.  We would need to keep this hitting up to stay with the Noles.
Is FSU winning their regional so far...any chance we can snake our way into hosting at Baum if the Noles get upset?

chiefsfan

Quote from: 12247 on May 30, 2009, 10:06:17 pm
I've never said fire DVH or any of his assistants but dumb baseball is still dumb baseball, no matter who the HC is.  Five runs without getting an out before we change pitchers.  I mean we are playing the home team, the #1 rated team in the regional, the team with the fans, never ever let them up for any reason.  And yes,we are hitting tonight but we all know we ARE NOT a great hitting team and thats just more reason you don't give an inch to the OU squad.  Never take your foot off their neck. 

We threw 3 different pitchers in that 5 run stretch.   The mistake was going to Murphy despite the fact that isnt very good with runners on.   thats a situation where you go to a Forrest or a Wells

PorcineSublime

donewithdale

Quote from: Hoggies on May 30, 2009, 10:07:27 pm
something I have said for many years and stand by it...everyone says defense wins...such as pitching or defense in FB...think about this for just a few...say the game is tied....you are in OT...it goes back and forth untul someone does what? score...simple as that...it is NOT defense that wins...it is offense...if you score the last point you win.

now, many will argue about the Ravens or Bucs or the Pistons of past...you cannot make an arguement even by providing stats...offense wins games...if our Hog Baseball team bats are on fire then they cannot score more than us. As long as we score ONE more run then we win.

I agree unless you are Texas and can fill a roster with great pitchers.  Augie can play small ball.

PigDaddyKane

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 10:08:13 pm
Is FSU winning their regional so far...any chance we can snake our way into hosting at Baum if the Noles get upset?

Yes.  FSU beat GA today.  In winners bracket.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

hillbilly

They beat Georgia pretty bad today, so it's looking like they will win it.

chiefsfan

they are 2-0 and would have to be beaten twice in 2 games to not advance

Clint Alan

cityhog

PorcineSublime

Publius

Hey rumbyHog, as Jack Buck used to say....for all you do, this Bud's for you...strong work tonight...particularly the line score feature...very nice

trippigs

Clint Alan

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

nesjunk

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 30, 2009, 10:09:09 pm
Talk about using up some pitching.

Actually, Texas is still on Pitcher #2 for the night, and BC has thrown 3.

Yeah and if OU were hitting tonight like we are, we would likely be down around 19 to 13 and sure enough offense would win.  Eibner gave us several great innings of pitching and the bats have done an execellent job tonight.  I wonder how many times this year we have scored 13 in a game.  Don't know but likely not many if any others.  We absolutely cannot waste this effort because we stay with a pitcher until he lets them throw up a six pack or so of runs.

PorcineSublime

Hoggies

for those who care...Orlando just beat Cleveland to advance to the NBA finals...FWIW

RD

Clint Alan

Bigham

grounds to short

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Oklahoma       1   0   0   0   0   5   0               6    8   0
Arkansas        4   0   2   1   3   3   0               13  17  0

0 runs, 0 hit, 0 men left

hillbilly

Quote from: nesjunk on May 30, 2009, 10:13:37 pm
Actually, Texas is still on Pitcher #2 for the night, and BC has thrown 3.
Texas has thrown their closer 9 innings. Good call Horns.

Publius

Quote from: Hoggies on May 30, 2009, 10:15:40 pm
for those who care...Orlando just beat Cleveland to advance to the NBA finals...FWIW
Got a Cardinal update?

hillbilly

Clint Alan

Quote from: Publius on May 30, 2009, 10:11:58 pm
Hey rumbyHog, as Jack Buck used to say....for all you do, this Bud's for you...strong work tonight...particularly the line score feature...very nice

Thanks. Hoping I can run my record to 3-0 as PBP thread guy tonight......

Snoop Hoggy Hog

Quote from: Hoggies on May 30, 2009, 10:15:40 pm
And Queen James wouldn't even shake hands, he ran to the locker room

Clint Alan