Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jst01 on June 05, 2009, 04:27:47 pm
I could care less about Nutt. i dont like Ole Miss, their fans, or their team. all of them. it has nothing to do with Nutt. my mom's side of family are OM fans, ugh.
Always gotta cheer to prove that the SEC is the strongest conference. That is always the most favorable position. (at least from Arkansas' perspective)

HogFan1994

NuttinItUp

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 05, 2009, 04:26:14 pm
why would you root against the SEC in postseason?....if it were up to me, the SEC would play for every championship, every year, in every sport.
That would be awesome to do that one year, haha.

eathill5

Virginia's second baseman looks like he is about 12 years old.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Chief_Osceola

why would you root against the SEC in postseason?....if it were up to me, the SEC would play for every championship, every year, in every sport.

That would be ESPN's wet dream.

HogFan1994

StewDogg11

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 05, 2009, 03:47:16 pm
That's a long delay.  I think it's only fair if we start this inning over
Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on June 05, 2009, 03:47:16 pm
That's a long delay.  I think it's only fair if we start this inning over
Yes, since FSU has already held Arkansas without a run in their half of the inning and FSU has two on with no outs.  That seems real fair!!!!!

ua_hogs

Quote from: StewDogg11 on June 05, 2009, 04:39:22 pm
Yes, since FSU has already held Arkansas without a run in their half of the inning and FSU has two on with no outs.  That seems real fair!!!!!

You must have missed your sarcasm 101 class.

Hawgin84

Quote from: StewDogg11 on June 05, 2009, 04:39:22 pm

Yep, start it over.  ;D Very fair.  ;D

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: ua_hogs on June 05, 2009, 04:41:16 pm

If it's an online course, we don't remember the answers.  We just enter the answers the tutor gave us.

jst01

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 04:42:27 pm
If it's an online course, we don't remember the answers.  We just enter the answers the tutor gave us.

oh snap.... bout forgot about that.

hogfan064

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 04:31:34 pm
That would be ESPN's wet dream.

No, ESPN would rather have UConn, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Southern Cal win every title.  They don't want us inbred southerners to do anything good. 

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 04:43:37 pm
No, ESPN would rather have UConn, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, and Southern Cal win every title.  They don't want us inbred southerners to do anything good. 

I thought ESPN just signed a huge deal w/ the SEC.  They are a little too high on the midwest schools and USCw though.

DoubleJ

I don't know why, but I've always kinda liked FSU.  I think it's because of Charlie Ward.  I don't know why, but I felt the need to share.

hogfan064

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on June 05, 2009, 04:45:07 pm
I thought ESPN just signed a huge deal w/ the SEC.  They are a little too high on the midwest schools and USCw though.

They did, but the employees at ESPN all like the schools mentioned.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 05, 2009, 04:53:47 pm
They did, but the employees at ESPN all like the schools mentioned.

What's ironic is that the most objective guy they've got is from the SEC, and a gator no less.

razorbackfan86

I'm off work.. Lets play some ball.. Let it go already Mother Nature!!

TNhawgfan

This is my sentiment as well. Besides the Hogs, I am pulling for Ole Miss, LSU, and FLA this postseason.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Clint Alan

ALRIGHT, ITS ALMOST GAME TIME, LETS CLEAN THIS THREAD UP A BIT
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Hawgin84

I still don't see how they resume at 5:30. Radar still shows a lot of rain.

whatsshakinbacon

Clint Alan

TEAM            1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R    H    E
Arkansas        0   1   0   1   0                        2    4    1
Florida St.      0   1   0   0                             1    6    0

0 runs, 2 hit, 2 men on, 0 out

RAIN DELAY
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

mj4president

Quote from: ua_hogs on June 05, 2009, 04:41:16 pm

He's an FSU fan. People take that class 4 them.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

razorbackfan86

According to the Twitter page, 5:30 start doesn't look likely.. Tarps are still on the field

http://twitter.com/arkrazorbacks?SPSID=30667&SPID=2415&DB_OEM_ID=6100

jst01

you know, I get why you want the SEC teams to do well.

But, my opinion is that the only reason we want the SEC to do well is so we 'seem' better than we are because we are in the SEC. I want to earn the respect and recognition based on OUR SCHOOL's accomplishments, not because other schools we are affiliated with do well.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TNhawgfan

Quote from: jst01 on June 05, 2009, 05:03:19 pm
you know, I get why you want the SEC teams to do well.

But, my opinion is that the only reason we want the SEC to do well is so we 'seem' better than we are because we are in the SEC. I want to earn the respect and recognition based on OUR SCHOOL's accomplishments, not because other schools we are affiliated with do well.

Not it. I was born in the south, raised in the south, and will always live in the south. Therefore if given the choice of having a team from the south, and especially a team in the same conference as my beloved Hogs, or a team from the north, midwest, or west...it's a no brainer.

Chief_Osceola

Hey Hog fans, here are some shots of today's game so far:

http://floridastate.rivals.com/photofeature.asp?SID=1061&fid=28438

Obviously there are more FSU pics, but there are some pretty good ones of your guys too.

HoopS

does the weather look like it will allow our game to resume?   Looked bad when I last saw it.  Any word?

Hawgin84

Looking at the radar, it looks like 6:30 maybe even more like 7:00 at best.

TNhawgfan

Thanks Chief. There are some great shots of Eibner crashing into the wall. Also like the one of the hot blonde  ;D

trippigs

Hawgin84

PoconoHog

Quote from: twinpigs on June 05, 2009, 05:22:50 pm
Ole Miss just won with a walk off homer
That was a "no doubter"...he murdered that ball...
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Hawgin84

booogaga

ok, ole piss just won, now we have to win...
GO HOGS!

read something on the [CENSORED] links that the game isnt starting until 7?  any truth?

Hawgin84

Quote from: #69 on June 05, 2009, 05:28:50 pm
read something on the [CENSORED] links that the game isnt starting until 7?  any truth?

Might be. It could be 6:00 here though. supposedly the rain has stopped.

bigiron

Quote from: #69 on June 05, 2009, 05:28:50 pm

From Hog's twitter...

"Word is that it will take an hour to prep the field once the tarp is removed. When the tarp will be removed is the question."

bsking

Twitter message says it will take about an hour to prep the field once the tarp is removed.  And as of 5 minutes ago, the tarp was still on.

my bad......haha

razorbackfan86

Another update via Twitter

Tarp still on the field.. Razorbacks have returned to the stadium.. Should take an hour to get field ready once tarp is removed

Clint Alan

Quote from: Hawgin84 on June 05, 2009, 05:31:30 pm
Might be. It could be 6:00 here though. supposedly the rain has stopped.

There is another system that is moving into the panhandle right now. If it takes them an hour to get the field ready, it will be raining shortly after they've got the field ready, IMO.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2009, 05:32:30 pm
Twitter message says it will take about an hour to prep the field once the tarp is removed.  And as of 5 minutes ago, the tarp was still on.

my bad......haha

Beat me to it by bout a minute

Hawgin84

booogaga

GO HOGS!

razorbackfan86

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 05, 2009, 05:33:36 pm
There is another system that is moving into the panhandle right now. If it takes them an hour to get the field ready, it will be raining shortly after they've got the field ready, IMO.

Just enough time to get 3 outs..

Clint Alan

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 05, 2009, 05:34:48 pm
Just enough time to get 3 outs..

3 outs does no good. Still will have 4 innings to play

razorbackfan86

Clint Alan

Tarp is actually being taken off the field now

Hawgin84

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 05, 2009, 05:33:36 pm

You're probably right. It looks like another may be coming.