Started by rzrbackrob, November 22, 2015, 03:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackrob

Hogs -14
More than I expected

Don't have the ability to link VegasInsider from this device
Good is the enemy of great

Potosihog

I just hope we win.  I doubt we will run up the score if given the chance as CBB has too much respect for GP.  If we win it is GP's last game as they would not be bowl eligible. 

My greater concern is they may play well above their heads because of the emotion of the day. Their young QB has been horrible and much of that has to do with a lack of confidence.  If we let them dink and dunk 10 yard passes all day we could lose this one to a greatly inferior team. We better close the cushion and put some pressure on him if we want to win.

reddogjcss

hogcard1964

jkstock04

If their offense is horrible and one dimensional without a passing game we should crush them.

I haven't really watched them enough this year to have much of an opinion...I'm not even sure what type of offense they run. Judging from the Vegas line I'm going to assume they suck on offense.

I would love to see us absolutely embarrass them and send this season off on a high note. I'm sick of losing to them. Can't remember ever beating them.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ex-Trumpet

Will we see Mizzou's qb's best performance of the year?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 22, 2015, 04:39:30 pm

No doubt, unfortunately.  But he might be bad enough that his own inaccuracy helps us get some three and outs.  We really only need three or four stops a game to win with our offense.  Never thought I'd say that this year.

870hogfan

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 22, 2015, 04:39:30 pm

Nope it be like the LSU game but worse.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I saw the word "spread" and shivered. Will have nightmares about spread team all off-season :)

Ironhawg

SPAL

Hope it gets to 13 and hammer it

Hogarusa

Mizzous equivalent of Mississippi States 51 would be putting up 14 points.  No way they can keep up with hiw the Hogs are scoring.  They will play hard for their head coach and fight to win for sure but it seems the Hogs shouldnt struggle to cover that line
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rzrbackrob

A few places have the spread down to 13 1/2 already
Good is the enemy of great

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 22, 2015, 04:40:07 pm
Their defense is not.

As long as their O sucks, then we should be fine.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PossumFan

At first glance of the subject line, I thought the Hogs were changing their offense  :)

razorbackkid

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 22, 2015, 05:14:16 pm
I saw the word "spread" and shivered. Will have nightmares about spread team all off-season :)

I'm with ya.  I saw the word "spread" and went into immediate depression mode.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

regi

The bad news is, they run the spread, and just hearing that makes Brooks Ellis and Rohan Gaines ill. The good news is they have the worst Offense in the SEC and one of the worst in Div 1.  Lock is just plain awful. 50% completion %, fewest yards per attempt in the SEC, 4 tds to 7 ints. Their offense is terrible, but they run the spread. It is Our kryptonite.

texhog

Quote from: regi on November 23, 2015, 07:49:44 pm
The bad news is, they run the spread, and just hearing that makes Brooks Ellis and Rohan Gaines ill. The good news is they have the worst Offense in the SEC and one of the worst in Div 1.  Lock is just plain awful. 50% completion %, fewest yards per attempt in the SEC, 4 tds to 7 ints. Their offense is terrible, but they run the spread. It is Our kryptonite.
all of that means their Freshman QB will have a career day and put up about 300 yards and 4 td's on this D. That' the way this defense rolls.

reddogjcss

I sure hope they can't duplicate MS or OM

Hogfan1660

I just hope we actually get to see their punter play. MSU should've saved a plane ticket and left their's at home!

PigTales

I hope our D doesn't make their offense look like the best offense in the nation

TNRazorbacker

If we can keep them under 30 we should win by double digits. I like our chances. Our defense will likely give the QB a career day, but their O has been just as bad.  I think we win at least half in that matchup and that should be more than enough.

HogimusMaximus

osumed14

Looking like terrible weather forecast right now which I fear plays right in to their hands of wanting an ugly 9-6 type game that almost all of their games have been.

hview

hogsanity

Quote from: osumed14 on November 24, 2015, 06:47:56 am
Looking like terrible weather forecast right now which I fear plays right in to their hands of wanting an ugly 9-6 type game that almost all of their games have been.

They have not played an offense like the Hogs have shown the last 5 games though. Look at their games. TN scored 18, and had 3 early drives stall on pretty much self inflicted wounds. Kicked 3 fg's where if they made plays they score 21. Mizzu just can not score, for whatever reason. They blew their emotion 2 weeks ago after all the racial stuff and then the GP announcement, and they played their best game of the year and still only beat BYU 20-16. They on have 156 points scored all season. In SEC play they are averaging 10 ppg and in their last 5 sec games they are averaging 6.6ppg. The same miss st defense that saw the hogs score 50 only gave up 13 to mizzu.

If the hogs do not shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly with penalties, ala toledo, or with turnovers, they should win easily. One also has to wonder how much fight Mizzu has left. The upperclassmen, after back to back trips to ATL for the seccg, may not care about a trip to the papa johns bowl, or Memphis, which is as good as they'll get if they win. The underclassmen may just want to go home for the Holidays, and wait to see who the new coach is going to be.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogcard1964

Quote from: hview on November 24, 2015, 09:29:11 am
The Hogs just need to win.

What's concerning is the fact that we're worried about actually beating this team.

DiamondHogFan

Who is better...

Toledo or Mizzou?

hogcard1964