Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It has been a LONG day for our AD

Started by Porkatarian, November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkatarian

Bert will be gone at the end of the year.

Jeff isn't out of the woods yet...millions of reasons why

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

parallaxpig

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm

Porkatarian out...

Millions is key word there...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Mr. Porkleone

Hogs-n-Roses

Porkatarian out...
:)

rhames

Just want a good coach the first week in December.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

AirWarren

KennyForAD

Porkatarian out...

Pork knows.   Pork knows.

woo.pig

phadedhawg

Quote from: AP85 on November 09, 2017, 06:08:24 pm
Believe it when it happens.....

It's already happened like 5 times...today or something

ricepig

hog of steele

He said what we want....so this is a credible report!

phadedhawg

ricepig

Quote from: hog of steele on November 09, 2017, 06:09:44 pm
He said what we want....so this is a credible report!

Some will like it, some won't, the situation is fluid........

KennyForAD

Quote from: AP85 on November 09, 2017, 06:08:24 pm
Believe it when it happens.....

It won't happen, if you mean Long being fired, as he should be.  Not gonna go down that way.   Long will find another job before 'long' and that will be the end of it.  If he doesn't get out soon, he risks his reputation ... what's the word?  Ah..'degrading' to the point that he can't find another gig.

Spektre

Porkatarian out...

DILLY DILLY!

KennyForAD

Quote from: hog of steele on November 09, 2017, 06:09:44 pm
He said what we want already know....so this is a credible report!

More accurate

zane

Porkatarian out...

And there it is
RIP LSUfan

jst01

OneLardAlmighty

So just curious about the logistics of replacing a head coach and the athletic director at the same time during the recruiting window between the end of the season and the end of January.  How would that work?  Somebody would need to hire a head coach and you wouldn't want it to be the guy who is on his way out the door.

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 06:11:51 pm
It won't happen, if you mean Long being fired, as he should be.  Not gonna go down that way.   Long will find another job before 'long' and that will be the end of it.  If he doesn't get out soon, he risks his reputation ... what's the word?  Ah..'degrading' to the point that he can't find another gig.

Well, obviously , it shouldn't take Long, I mean he is one of, if not , the top ADs in the country. I'm sure he's been turning down "overtures" for years. Especially since he had that fantastic and gut wrenching press conference in April of 2012. I mean, who wouldn't be clamoring to get him.
This should be easy for him. I'm sure his Alma Mater has already " primed the pump" for his announcement.

farmhawg

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on November 09, 2017, 06:22:21 pm
Well, obviously , it shouldn't take Long, I mean he is one of, if not , the top ADs in the country. I'm sure he's been turning down "overtures" for years. Especially since he had that fantastic and gut wrenching press conference in April of 2012. I mean, who wouldn't be clamoring to get him.
This should be easy for him. I'm sure his Alma Mater has already " primed the pump" for his announcement.
Lol
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Porkatarian out...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

TulsaHawg

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on November 09, 2017, 06:20:40 pm
So just curious about the logistics of replacing a head coach and the athletic director at the same time during the recruiting window between the end of the season and the end of January.  How would that work?  Somebody would need to hire a head coach and you wouldn't want it to be the guy who is on his way out the door.

Committee.

SooieGeneris

Bert being gone is good news, but JL needs to be as far back in the woods as possible...
Seems like a good guy, but he is a bad fit for us as a coach.

JL deserves credit for ousting Hooty and the GOBN, but not much else and he may have thrown out some babies with the bathwater,

Today's non-news on JL's status and contract seems to be an invitation from the BOT to look for other jobs. If he gets the message, there wouldn't be a need to fire.

If he leaves, would Bert have the gall to NOT leave with a Hootyesque parting gift? I doubt it, it always looks better to potential employers to resign rather than be fired.

Go Bert Go! Kansas, KSU if Snyder retires, anywhere but here and Godspeed...
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

OneLardAlmighty

farmhawg

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on November 09, 2017, 06:34:39 pm
Oh boy, I'm sure that will work smoothly.  What a mess.
Only mess is the pile of crap long has created.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

grayhawg

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 09, 2017, 06:32:34 pm
Bert being gone is good news, but JL needs to be as far back in the woods as possible...
Seems like a good guy, but he is a bad fit for us as a coach.

JL deserves credit for ousting Hooty and the GOBN, but not much else and he may have thrown out some babies with the bathwater,

Today's non-news on JL's status and contract seems to be an invitation from the BOT to look for other jobs. If he gets the message, there wouldn't be a need to fire.

If he leaves, would Bert have the gall to NOT leave with a Hootyesque parting gift? I doubt it, it always looks better to potential employers to resign rather than be fired.

Go Bert Go! Kansas, KSU if Snyder retires, anywhere but here and Godspeed...
Long had nothing to do with Hootie's being ousted,happened while Broyles was still athletic director.

KennyForAD

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on November 09, 2017, 06:22:21 pm

Yeah.  Exactly.  His best shot is to go to Auburn and tell them they can do whatever dirty crap they want, and he will pretend to be AD just so they can pretend to have 'Integrity.'

hawgball40

They say you're reliable but i think you're just speculating here. reading tea leaves if you will.

haystack

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 09, 2017, 06:32:34 pm
he may have thrown out some babies with the bathwater
Just wanted to highlight what I think is an excellent point that's seldom heard. Breaking down the GOBN strangle-hold was necessary, but he may have gone a bit far with it. Time will tell I suppose when it comes time to hire the next HC.

greasy_corner

Hawginj

hog of steele

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 06:11:06 pm
Some will like it, some won't, the situation is fluid........

This is one of my favorites. Because it is completely meaningless.

I have a reliable source that told me that we have an agreement in principle with coach Peterson. Stoops coming as DC and urban meyers as OC. Apparently the entire freshmen class is transferring from LSU. ESPN is also going to broadcast exclusively from Fayetteville from here on out.

Situation is fluid though. So if it doesn't go down like that it's because y'all didn't give me enough internet love!

cjack

Quote from: farmhawg on November 09, 2017, 06:36:58 pm
Only mess is the pile of crap long has created.

Yep. Or should I say Dilly Dilly!?
Woooo Pig Soooie!

hawgball40

Quote from: cjack on November 09, 2017, 06:50:11 pm
Yep. Or should I say Dilly Dilly!?
can you explain what this means? I keep seeing that on here but don't get it.

thebignasty

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 06:52:50 pm
can you explain what this means? I keep seeing that on here but don't get it.

Budweiser commercial
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

cjack

Yes. Specifically a Bud Light commercial if you want to Google it
Woooo Pig Soooie!

twistitup

Not buying....tarian is just guessing, presser tomorrow at 4
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgball40

Quote from: cjack on November 09, 2017, 06:55:09 pm
Yes. Specifically a Bud Light commercial if you want to Google it
lmao. dilly dilly!

duckman

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 06:41:07 pm
They say you're reliable but i think you're just speculating here. reading tea leaves if you will.

Been here long?

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

WPS007

Oliver

East Clintwood

If Bert's here to the end of the year then all of the decent available coaches will have already found new teams.  He needs to be gone at the end of the season, and the search committee needs to work fast.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Calling All Hogs

Jeff Long's palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy.
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready...
He's choking how, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!

PygmalionEffect2

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.