Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will our Grades get us into a bowl at 5-7?

Started by checkraiser88, October 22, 2017, 04:18:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

What happens if it comes to down to our grades and even that wasn't good enough?

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Tusks

I posted weeks ago that I predicted that 5-7 with a GPA will get the hogs into a bowl and the new head coach will coach the hogs in a bowl game.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pork Ranger

theFlyingHog

Yeah no chance we get five wins. And if another school's entire team got sick or died or some crazy ish, BB would forfeit to make them feel better

tophawg19

I think we would turn one down as poorly as we have played . I doubt fans would go
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

checkraiser88

It would look bad on long if our gpa kept us out

rzrbkman

ESPN website was predicting earlier this week that there would be enough 6 win teams this season.

hogfan870

I don't guess I know enough about thus rule, but isn't it APR? And despite all this talk about integrity and how we aren't a win at all costs program - and the implication that other teams don't have integrity and are win at all costs - I am pretty sure our APR isn't really that high; something like 10th in the SEC

RockyMtnHog

We have one game left that we will win and that is Coastal Carolina.  All of the others are losses.  We will lay an egg in the SEC.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: tusked on October 22, 2017, 04:20:11 pm
I posted weeks ago that I predicted that 5-7 with a GPA will get the hogs into a bowl and the new head coach will coach the hogs in a bowl game.

The only part about this I like is the LAST part..."new head coach."

Last night a buddy told me about that grade clause. I thought NO FREAKING WAY. Can we still use the extra practice time, but not actually accept a bowl invitation?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 22, 2017, 04:20:02 pm
Who says we're gonna win 5 games?
Bingo, exactly my question. Don't think that even with many bowls having trouble finding enough teams to qualify with at least .500 records a 2-10 or at best 3-9 record is going to save us. We'd have to have every kid sporting a 5.0 (on a perfect 4.0 scale) to be able to pull this one off.

Cale

Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

rzrbkman

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on October 22, 2017, 05:17:23 pm
We have one game left that we will win and that is Coastal Carolina.  All of the others are losses.  We will lay an egg in the SEC.

The Hogs will beat Missouri.

East Clintwood

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 22, 2017, 04:22:39 pm
I think we would turn one down as poorly as we have played . I doubt fans would go

I don't know.

Almost 70,000 showed up to see the latest beatdown.

And then they acted all surprised and hurt and started leaving with most of the 2nd half left.  As if they shouldn't know by now what's coming.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Roaringboar

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 04:18:47 pm
What happens if it comes to down to our grades and even that wasn't good enough?

We are for sure losing to Miss State and LSU.....that puts us at 2-7.......Ole Miss is a toss-up now that their QB is out, but we seem to be incapable of winning the toss ups so I say loss based on our inability to make ANY halftime adjustments.....2-8........leaving our only hopes at wins this season against Mizzou and Coastal........Coastal should be a win, but Mizzou, I just don't know......they know how to score, and our defense SUCKS!!!!! It won't be pretty in any game for the rest of the season.......so in other words no because we won't even get to 5 wins.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

majp51

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 22, 2017, 04:18:47 pm

First off you do realize that like a lot of CBB's schtick this one is over blown right?

Arkansas is currently 10th in the SEC in APR.

The 4 schools in the SEC below Arkansas won't be near 5-7, so.... Basically 5-7 is unlikely to get Arkansas anywhere.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 22, 2017, 06:40:33 pm
The Hogs will beat Missouri.
Wouldn't necessarily bet my life on it unless you have a serious death wish.

Roaringboar

Quote from: majp51 on October 22, 2017, 07:03:01 pm

First off you do realize that like a lot of CBB's schtick this one is over blown right?

Arkansas is currently 10th in the SEC in APR.

The 4 schools in the SEC below Arkansas won't be near 5-7, so.... Basically 5-7 is unlikely to get Arkansas anywhere.

Yeah, and besides that, aren't they supposed to go after other 6-6 schools before they start looking for 5-7 programs......I say that because there are a lot of other league of five teams that should have a better record than the hogs......I mean, if I had a choice between a 6-6 Sun Belt program or a 5-7 SEC program, I'd most likely go for the Sun Belt program, because their fans are more likely to follow with hopes of finishing with a winning record than Hog fans would be likely to go and either see us finish with a ridiculous 5-8 record or still a 6-7 losing record.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

NuttinItUp

rzrbkman

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 22, 2017, 07:44:55 pm
Wouldn't necessarily bet my life on it unless you have a serious death wish.

I don't bet, but I do know Missouri gave up 43 points to a 1-6 team from a lower division.

HoggyCat

There's only four SEC teams behind us. We're tied with Colorado state. We're one point ahead of ASUj. We don't even deserve it as far as APR goes.

https://www.google.com/amp/collegefootballnews.com/2017/05/2017-ncaa-academic-progress-rate-football-apr-rankings/amp
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.