Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Hangman About to Visit Auburn

Started by NaturalStateReb, November 21, 2012, 02:32:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

kingofdequeen

The NCAA Hangman goes to Auburn about as often as Gruden signs a deal with Arkansas/Tennessee.

Bamafan35652

"The quarterback carry is certainly the best carry and one that we have an opportunity that if you play coverage on the remaining players, the numbers are best to run the football." Les Miles

OGR69

this would allow them to fire him without the buyout money and save them about 7 million$.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: OGR69 on November 21, 2012, 03:22:05 pm
this would allow them to fire him without the buyout money and save them about 7 million$.

May be a blessing in disguise then.  Auburn was crazy stupid to ever put that kind of a buyout in to begin with.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

tiber

NCAA Compliance types show up at programs like this only when they're not winning anymore.

whatsshakinbacon

I would agree, but you never want the NCAA on campus.  Once they lift the hood they tend to find all sorts of problems.  Is it worth $7 big ones?

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 21, 2012, 03:37:39 pm
I would agree, but you never want the NCAA on campus.  Once they lift the hood they tend to find all sorts of problems.  Is it worth $7 big ones?
I thought they were just there, if they couldnt find anything wrong with scam, i doubt they could find their own @sses
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: tiber on November 21, 2012, 03:35:38 pm
NCAA Compliance types show up at programs like this only when they're not winning anymore.

Exactly.  When USC started on the downslide that was when they hit them.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Bamafan35652

Exactly!  That would free up money they could use to hire Dooley. 
"The quarterback carry is certainly the best carry and one that we have an opportunity that if you play coverage on the remaining players, the numbers are best to run the football." Les Miles

booogaga

I agree this might give them reason to fire cheesedick and will save them 7 million. BUT if the school goes under sanctions they will likely lose 7 million in donations at least with lack of ticket and concession sales with lower attendance records due to lack luster play.
GO HOGS!

ThisTeetsTaken

Would it be awesome if Jeff Long ratted Auburn out so that their HC job would look unattractive to prospective coaches? 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DukeOfPork

Ha!  So true.

Jackrabbit Hog

Speaking of which........I guess the NCAA is gonna wait for Chip Kelly to go to the NFL before doing anything to Oregon about that pay-for-recruits scandal that broke over a year ago.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

umpqua

Does anyone know if the NCAA has cleared Oregon in the Lyles case?

Bamafan35652

Quote from: umpqua on November 21, 2012, 04:38:33 pm
Does anyone know if the NCAA has cleared Oregon in the Lyles case?
I think the investigation is still going on.  Haven't heard anything in several weeks.

tiber

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 21, 2012, 04:36:02 pm
Speaking of which........I guess the NCAA is gonna wait for Chip Kelly to go to the NFL before doing anything to Oregon about that pay-for-recruits scandal that broke over a year ago.

A better question is whether Arkansas was actually winning long enough to get on the NCAA's radar to make us worthy of thoroughly investigating.
It's likely our complete swing from Contender to Self-Induced Dumpster Fire confirmed to the NCAA that there have to be bigger fish to fry elsewhere.

Anything like an investigation into Arkansas recruiting would be like beating an already whipped dog. 

Hog1952

I bet that is why Gus left.
You people that don't know Gus don't know what you are talking about.

Quickdraw

Boy you got to hand it to Auburn, they sure know how to cheat but sucks at hiding it.

MacHog19

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 21, 2012, 02:34:24 pm
The NCAA Hangman goes to Auburn about as often as Gruden signs a deal with Arkansas/Tennessee.
Let's see, Auburn received NCAA sanctions in 1957, 1958, 1979 (which included a two-year postseason ban and two-year TV ban), 1980, 1991 (basketball violations and sanctions), and 1993.  Try again, dude.

searkhogfan

Wooderson

Quote from: MacHog19 on November 21, 2012, 05:19:55 pm
Let's see, Auburn received NCAA sanctions in 1957, 1958, 1979 (which included a two-year postseason ban and two-year TV ban), 1980, 1991 (basketball violations and sanctions), and 1993.  Try again, dude.

I hate to tell you, but that is a lot for a program. 
Give me liberty, or give me death!

razored

Let's stir the pot some more.
Maybe there was a good reason Gus left for A-State.
He may be smarter than his critics here...

MacHog19

Quote from: Wooderson on November 21, 2012, 05:28:08 pm
I hate to tell you, but that is a lot for a program. 
That was my point. 

Hogeration

Quote from: booogaga on November 21, 2012, 04:26:58 pm
I agree this might give them reason to fire cheesedick and will save them 7 million. BUT if the school goes under sanctions they will likely lose 7 million in donations at least with lack of ticket and concession sales with lower attendance records due to lack luster play.
Nope.  A booster probably is the one that turned him in.  If they get the "right" coach, donations may increase.  I figure they threw Cheesit under the bus just so they can fire him without paying him.  Lose a few scholarships but save $10 million and get a good coach.

redeye

according to Pat Forde here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/author/pat-forde/

If Auburn is caught cheating, it'll be another chapter in our long history of getting screwed by cheating conference mates. I'm not going to take the time to explain the many past examples, but as strange as it may seem, Auburn may have cost us a chance to win the SEC and national titles in 2010, when they gained an unfair advantage by cheating. If Auburn doesn't go the SECCG, then we go and perhaps receive a chance to play for the national title with one loss, rather then play in the Sugar.

HognitiveDissonance

What?!  Say it ain't so. Auburn? No way!

What's Cecil Newton done this time?

Hoggie17

AubbieFan89

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

FaytownHog

Quote from: Grunt on November 21, 2012, 10:43:35 pm
How's that?
We're competing for coaches. Who wants to step into that mess?

redeye

Quote from: FaytownHog on November 21, 2012, 10:45:56 pm
We're competing for coaches. Who wants to step into that mess?

Yea and it probably doesn't help Malzahn any for the Arkansas or Auburn job.

Rockpig5

I always thought it was strange that Jordan Diamond never mentioned Auburn, then goes there on Signing Day.  Or, if he mentioned Auburn, I never heard him talk about them.

Brand X Hog Fan

I wonder if they can sell that championship they bought to help pay legal fees?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

PigsPapa

Quote from: Hogeration on November 21, 2012, 06:48:55 pm
Nope.  A booster probably is the one that turned him in.  If they get the "right" coach, donations may increase.  I figure they threw Cheesit under the bus just so they can fire him without paying him.  Lose a few scholarships but save $10 million and get a good coach.
He will be paid the buyout, as his firing will be announced on Sunday or Monday, but not effective until his current year expires at midnight on Dec 1.......thus satisfying the on or after Dec 1 clause. His agent was smarter than the folks he was sitting across the table from.

AubbieFan89

Quote from: Grunt on November 21, 2012, 10:43:35 pm
How's that?

Well for one if any thing does come to light, it could affect whether Gene gets his 7.5 million.  Secondly,  it also could open doors to Petrino. Most auburn faithful do not want him, however I do.  This hurts our chances of getting some rumored names IMO, but I don't see why we couldn't call Petrino.

AubbieFan89

Quote from: Brand X Hog Fan on November 22, 2012, 01:10:07 am
I wonder if they can sell that championship they bought to help pay legal fees?

You still mad? Move on.

Jackrabbit Hog

And in related news, the sun rose this morning, the sky is blue.....and Auburn is still 0 fer the SEC this year.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Speedracer

Now that they aren't any good the NCAA decided they should finally drop the hammer
Like smites bother me.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Speedracer on November 22, 2012, 09:29:52 am
Now that they aren't any good the NCAA decided they should finally drop the hammer

Yes ... the standard NCAA M.O.  Keeps the heat on them turned down just a little more. ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Gotigers08

If Auburn did it again they should have paid better players!  They SUCK

mellonhead

Won't they ever learn? Trying to keep up with Bama just got more expensive.

Wants2Win

HoggyCat

I wouldn't be so sure. Even Tennessee paid Bruce Pearl's buyout for lying to the NCAA during an investigation. Butch Davis was fired for nearly identical scenario as Auburn and received his buyout. All Chizik has to do is prove no involvement.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.