Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We got screwed. No way around it.

Started by Randohoggie, March 11, 2018, 05:30:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebHog

Unbelievable the crying about TCU being a higher seed I wouldn't trade with them at all. Hell Miami might be the only 6 I would consider trading with. Butler/Purdue or Syracuse/Mich State which path to choose is a no brainer but lets cry cause we have a 7 by our team on a bracket instead of a 6.

synthartist69

Quit complaining. This team did it to themselves. They had plenty of chances to prove that they are worthy of a higher seed but they chose not to. This is what happens.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: synthartist69 on March 11, 2018, 07:25:10 pm
Quit complaining. This team did it to themselves. They had plenty of chances to prove that they are worthy of a higher seed but they chose not to. This is what happens.

LOL this comment.  So by finishing strong with wins over NCAAT teams such as Auburn, Alabama, and Florida?  I think we took advantage of our chances late and that's what matters.  Arkansas is fine as a 7.  We got a better draw anyway with our 2 seed.
HOGS = LIFE

Randohoggie

People sure get angry when you try to take up for the Hogs.

Dominicanhog

I like our bracket and I like our path.. don't really like the locations..

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 11, 2018, 07:37:46 pm
I like our bracket and I like our path.. don't really like the locations..

I would rather have a better matchup and bracket than the location.  It will be expensive either way to go even if it was in Dallas...
HOGS = LIFE

BenDial

I'm not upset with the seed. I think a 7 is fair, and I think we have a fighting chance to get to the second weekend.

I'm am perplexed however, how we got a 7 seed in Detroit while Florida got a 6 seed in Dallas.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RazorSax on March 11, 2018, 05:42:28 pm
TCU has the number 10 SOS and 40 OOC SOS. They have 4 Q1 wins and no Q3+ losses.

We are 30 SOS, 94 OOC SOS, have 6 Q1 wins, and a Q3 loss.

We probably aren't far apart, but I could see why they are ahead of us.

Some of you could do a tad bit of research before complaining.

They were probably the last 6 seed and we were the first or second 7 seed.
Yeah our "great" OOC wins ended up being garbage, this is the reason we are a 7! In the end our best OOC games we lost. Houston and UNC.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 11, 2018, 06:14:00 pm
I like our draw to be honest. Hell none of the brackets were gonna be easy. Just win. We nearly beat UNC last year. No reason we can't beat purdue.
Glad you are being honest.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Dark Helmet Hog

AirWarren

Some men will cry over anything.

"We will never get in the tournament with a team like this...."

Gets in tourney.

"We got screwed on seeding"

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 11, 2018, 07:42:12 pm
Yeah our "great" OOC wins ended up being garbage, this is the reason we are a 7! In the end our best OOC games we lost. Houston and UNC.

Our win against Oklahoma ended up being garbage.

Our win against Oklahoma State got better because Oklahoma State swept Kansas in the regular season and also OSU beat West Virginia once.

carolinahogger

Whining and crying.  Poor little Arkansas got screwed again.  You know how to get a higher seed?  Win more games against better competition. 

Purdue is damn well the #2 seed that I want to face.  You really want UNC or Duke?

RazorSax

Quote from: carolinahogger on March 11, 2018, 08:06:11 pm
Whining and crying.  Poor little Arkansas got screwed again.  You know how to get a higher seed?  Win more games against better competition. 

Purdue is damn well the #2 seed that I want to face.  You really want UNC or Duke?

Agreed. And we would face a 3 seed next. Do you want Michigan State, Michigan, or Tennessee again? I prefer Texas Tech.

Hawgphish

How did we get screwed?  We were the 6th seed in the SEC tourney.   7 seed means we are in the top 28 teams in the country.

Lud42

My first thought when I saw where we were sent was that we got screwed, but that was mostly just because I had expected a 6 and Florida had just been announced as a 6.

I think we got a horrible location, but looking at the brackets I don't still think we got screwed. The only way we could have gotten an appreciably easier path would have been if we could have made it all the way to a 5 and I'm not sure that was possible even if we would have won the SECT (that's not what I would have told you a week ago, but I see now how little value the committee actually put on conference tournaments this year).

In the end, there are no easy games unless you are a one or a two so we just need to play ball.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken

mykidsdad

Quote from: Hawgphish on March 11, 2018, 08:09:10 pm
How did we get screwed?  We were the 6th seed in the SEC tourney.   7 seed means we are in the top 28 teams in the country.

Except that we were in 3rd in the sec. It was a multiple team tie, we lost on tie breakers. At least give appearance of knowing what the hell you are talking about. You just look foolish. We TIED for 3rd and BEAT the #6 seed Florida head to head in our last match. That is without mentioning that we have 2 more wins and a better SOS.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 11, 2018, 05:56:57 pm
Yep, we are more likely an 8 seed.

3 of our losses were to probable NIT teams (Mississippi State and LSU).

Our best non-conference win was against
a team that limped into the NCAAT with a 2-8 tally down the stretch (Oklahoma).

Ok Elvis
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

RazorSax

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 11, 2018, 08:23:02 pm
Except that we were in 3rd in the sec. It was a multiple team tie, we lost on tie breakers. At least give appearance of knowing what the hell you are talking about. You just look foolish. We TIED for 3rd and BEAT the #6 seed Florida head to head in our last match. That is without mentioning that we have 2 more wins and a better SOS.

He said we were the 6 seed in the SEC tourney. He didn't say we were sixth in the SEC.

Florida had a similar resume to us. We split our games. They had more Q1 wins than us. I would say Texas A&M and Alabama were seeded a line too high, but otherwise I would say the seedings were fair. If we had beaten Tennessee instead of being slaughtered, I would imagine Florida and Arkansas would have both been six seeds and TCU would have been bounced to the seven line.

Hawgphish

lighten up man, life is too short. 

Pigsear

Probably won't matter, more than likely one and done anyway.

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Pigsear on March 11, 2018, 08:44:47 pm
Probably won't matter, more than likely one and done anyway.

Leave the board and never come back please  ;)  some of us want to enjoy what our team has done this year...
HOGS = LIFE

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BenDial on March 11, 2018, 07:41:51 pm
I'm not upset with the seed. I think a 7 is fair, and I think we have a fighting chance to get to the second weekend.

I'm am perplexed however, how we got a 7 seed in Detroit while Florida got a 6 seed in Dallas.

Florida had a better resume...
https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/FLA/florida-gators
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The Hogfather

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 05:44:42 pm
I don't have a beef with the draw, but by all rights, that 6 in Dallas should have been Arkansas and not Florida.

Yep.  However, I like our draw better.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 07:33:57 pm
People sure get angry when you try to take up for the Hogs.

So true.  Very weird.

Pigsear

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 11, 2018, 08:45:48 pm
Leave the board and never come back please  ;)  some of us want to enjoy what our team has done this year...
:'(

BenDial

Ok, that's what I take issue with. Not so much that we're a 7. That's fair. I disagree with Florida getting a 6. I know they have a few more Q1 wins than us, by almost any other category, it's either a push, or we are ahead of them. SOS is basically a push. We're 16 places ahead in RPI. We have 3 more wins, one less loss. They finished 1 game better in conference play, but we ended up two wins in the conference tournament and them none, not to mention a loss to us on a neutral floor.

I'm not trying to figure out how Florida is seeded ahead of us per se. I'm trying to figure out how they weren't seeded closer to an 8.

Randohoggie

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 11, 2018, 08:49:27 pm
Florida had a better resume...
https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/FLA/florida-gators

Aside from being about 16 spots lower in the RPI, not having as good a record and just having been beaten pretty easily on a neutral court.

hogsanity

Quote from: AP85 on March 11, 2018, 07:51:24 pm
Some men will cry over anything.

"We will never get in the tournament with a team like this...."

Gets in tourney.

"We got screwed on seeding"

Different people. The ones crying about seeding are the biggest homers.

It was a fair seed, and people who were really paying attention to the sites like bracketology and saw it coming weeks ago when some of our "good" wins started falling ( like OU ) and when LSU and MSu faded making those loses even worse ( especially LSU at home ) it was going to be heard to get above a 7.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogginintheville

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on March 11, 2018, 06:52:19 pm
I don't understand how we got screwed. Quit looking at the seed and look at the teams we're playing. I'm not sure what 6 seed you guys wanna swap with because to me playing mich st 2nd round is auto loss. I definitely don't wanna play Michigan second rd as hot as they are. You wanna be Florida playing UCLA then Texas Tech. Both those teams are very good. Maybe Miami and then get tenn again. Considering yesterday do y'all want that. I think we did ok. Play ball and win games. Bitching about the difference in being a 7 and a 6 seems petty. I have more ambition than that.

St. Bonnie will beat UCLA in the first four as long as Courtney Stockard plays which would be an even tougher matchup for Florida. They are a damn good team. Top 25 rpi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 09:02:19 pm
Aside from being about 16 spots lower in the RPI, not having as good a record and just having been beaten pretty easily on a neutral court.

9-6 vs Top 50 vs 7-8. UF swept both games vs KY, beat Gonzaga & Cincy.

EastexHawg

Texas Tech may not get past Stephen F. Austin in the first round.

BenDial

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 11, 2018, 09:16:57 pm
9-6 vs Top 50 vs 7-8.
Florida I believe also had 3 losses to teams with RPI over 100 and we had none. Again, not saying we should be a 6, but Florida certainly shouldn't.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BenDial on March 11, 2018, 09:19:32 pm
Florida I believe also had 3 losses to teams with RPI over 100 and we had none. Again, not saying we should be a 6, but Florida certainly shouldn't.
Florida beat KY twice, Cincy & Gonzaga. Not advocating for Florida, but Hogs are about where we should be. LSU beat us twice.

steveaustin69

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 11, 2018, 09:18:43 pm
Texas Tech may not get past Stephen F. Austin in the first round.

I will take that bet.

jvanhorn

Quote from: oldman1015 on March 11, 2018, 05:55:23 pm
And the refs will cheat us when we get there. Our fans learn from FCJ. ESPN hates us and now the Tornament people hate us. Haters everywhere. We would be great if we didn’t get cheated all the time. Mike is the greatest but we just get cheated by these haters.

No we would be great if we had a great coach, but we just have a very good coach.  15 year track record.  Will always win more than he loses, but will never win a really big game when it matters.
if he proves me wrong more than glad to eat crow.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on March 11, 2018, 09:12:23 pm

It was a fair seed, and people who were really paying attention to the sites like bracketology and saw it coming weeks ago when some of our "good" wins started falling ( like OU ) and when LSU and MSu faded making those loses even worse ( especially LSU at home ) it was going to be heard to get above a 7.

I'll try this again, but without the colorful language.  Short version:  there is a legit argument for Arkansas to be a 6, above both Florida and TCU.  It doesn't make anyone a homer to say it.  While some of our "big wins" were losing luster, Florida was also losing a combined 5 games to the bottom 4 teams in the SEC (Georgia twice, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt).  People who were "Really paying attention" would have seen that.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogsanity on March 11, 2018, 09:12:23 pm

MSU faded??

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/matchup?gameId=401020004

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/matchup?gameId=401020008

We couldn't beat LSU this season, and we lost to Tennessee in the SEC Tournament by 18 points.  MSU lost to Tennessee in the SEC Tournament by 3 points.

King Kong

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 11, 2018, 09:54:11 pm
MSU faded??

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/matchup?gameId=401020004

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/matchup?gameId=401020008

We couldn't beat LSU this season, and we lost to Tennessee in the SEC Tournament by 18 points.  MSU lost to Tennessee in the SEC Tournament by 3 points.

Yeah they faded. Lost huge at home vs UT (we beat UT at home) also lost on the road to LSU.

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

EastexHawg

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 11, 2018, 09:23:08 pm
I will take that bet.

It's not a bet, just an observation.  There are no great teams anymore.  I don't think Tech is in the class of 3 seeds from years ago.

RealHog

Man wish had that 7-10 against Texas in Nashville. Woulda been a madhouse.

Tejano Jawg

Wish we were in Dallas. Maybe I could start another 13-game winning streak (the streak I had watching the Hogs in Reunion Arena.) The bars and restaurants would be happy too, but maybe the T-Tech fans will show up.

But instead we got—

Detroit...Rock City!
I feel uptight on a Saturday night
Nine o' clock, the radio's the only light
I hear my song and it pulls me through
Comes on strong, tells me what I got to do
I got to
Get up
Everybody's gonna move their feet
Get down
Everybody's gonna leave their seat
You gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City
Get up
Get down
Getting late
I just can't wait
Ten o'clock and I know I gotta hit the road
First I drink, then I smoke
Start the car, and I try to make the midnight show
Get up
Get down
Movin' fast, doin' ninety five
Hit top speed but I'm still movin' much too slow
I feel so good, I'm so alive
I hear my song playin' on the radio
It goes
Get up
Get down
Twelve o'clock, I gotta rock
There's a truck ahead, lights starin' at my eyes
Oh my God, no time to turn
I got to laugh 'cause I know I'm gonna die
Why
Get up
Get up
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 05:30:30 pm
No way are we a 7.  No way Florida is a 6 above us.  Hell, even Seth Davis said Florida is losing regardless of who they play and we are likely to challenge Purdue.

Further proof that the SEC Tournament is a complete waste of time.
so ole Seth picked us to beat Butler??  Wow.  I figured he would jump on the Butler bandwagon.  Everyone loves little Butler.  They captured the hearts of the country when Brad Stevens was there and took them to the NC game a couple of years. 

Butler will have the crowd in Detroit.  Its closer for them plus they are just crowd favorites cause....well.....they are little Butler playing against the big boys like the Hickory Huskers in Hoosiers.  Hogs just have to power through it and play their game.  Get Gafford engaged along with the senior guards.   Its going to be tough but Hogs can do this.  Just be focused and play their game.

Sweet Feet

People always gonna complain about something. Just be happy Arkansas isn't sitting on the couch. Their side is more favorable than Floridas

Athog

Quote from: HamHands on March 11, 2018, 05:41:43 pm
Shut up and just win. It is the NCAAT. No cry babies. Just win.

Amen! I am sick and tired of poor little Arkansas mentality!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 09:49:43 pm
I'll try this again, but without the colorful language.  Short version:  there is a legit argument for Arkansas to be a 6, above both Florida and TCU.  It doesn't make anyone a homer to say it.  While some of our "big wins" were losing luster, Florida was also losing a combined 5 games to the bottom 4 teams in the SEC (Georgia twice, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt).  People who were "Really paying attention" would have seen that.

I guess the Selection Committee wasn't paying attention.  ;)

Supermark101

March 12, 2018, 07:13:41 am #148 Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:27:00 am by Supermark101
Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 09:02:19 pm

Keep beating that same drum. It doesn't make you right.

Where are you seeing ww have a better SOS than Florida? Follow your own advice there buddy.
Quote from: BenDial on March 11, 2018, 09:02:14 pm

Ok, that's what I take issue with. Not so much that we're a 7. That's fair. I disagree with Florida getting a 6. I know they have a few more Q1 wins than us, by almost any other category, it's either a push, or we are ahead of them. SOS is basically a push. We're 16 places ahead in RPI. We have 3 more wins, one less loss. They finished 1 game better in conference play, but we ended up two wins in the conference tournament and them none, not to mention a loss to us on a neutral floor.

I'm not trying to figure out how Florida is seeded ahead of us per se. I'm trying to figure out how they weren't seeded closer to an 8.

If SOS is a push so is RPI. We are double digits behind them in SOS. Also the rpi isn't the only thing used now. The BPI has us basically flipped with Florida compared to the rpi

Mellon Collie

purdue is def. overseeded at a 2.

butler is an underseeded 10, made it too semi's of a tough big east tourney.

work is cut out for a sweet 16, but def. possible.