Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Every SEC National Championship won since 2000

Started by BearsBisonsBoars, November 06, 2017, 10:36:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BearsBisonsBoars

Has been won by a Yankee coach (save for 2010 Auburn).

The term 'carpetbagger' is bandied about a lot recently. Something to think about.

go hogues

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 06, 2017, 10:36:22 am

The term 'carpetbagger' is bandied about a lot recently. Something to think about.
Saban is from West Virginia
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

jst01

is this real?  do people (aside from Delta..) still bicker about whether a person is from the north or south? 

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: go hogues on November 06, 2017, 10:37:42 am

Technically a Yank, still. But I do conceed that they're culturally similar to us.

But his entire coaching career before LSU was with Northern schools.

Razorbackers

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 06, 2017, 10:39:46 am
Technically a Yank, still.

Love a good technically correct history burn. Need more of those in MMQB iyam.

hogsanity

Quote from: jst01 on November 06, 2017, 10:38:53 am
is this real?  do people (aside from Delta..) still bicker about whether a person is from the north or south? 

Many have said the next coach needs to " be a good ole southern boy " or " needs to be from the south so he understands arkansas ".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 06, 2017, 10:51:12 am
Many have said the next coach needs to " be a good ole southern boy " or " needs to be from the south so he understands arkansas ".

I think there is a larger than you would think percentage of people who think this way.

Hogwild

Quote from: go hogues on November 06, 2017, 10:37:42 am

So is Jimbo Fischer. While Dabo is from Alabama, Mack Brown from Tennessee, and Larry Coker is from Oklahoma.

The only SEC coaches that have won titles are Miles (Ohio)  Saban (WV)  Meyer (Ohio) and Chizik(Florida)

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoginsavga

Quote from: tusked on November 06, 2017, 11:39:42 am
Hog fans have done and gone full retard.

The last five seasons will make you do that. Six if you include this season. I absolutely know I am crazy after last Saturday.

code red

National Championship???? Really?? I'd take any Florida Bowl bid from here to eternity at this point.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Busta_Nutt

I know there are many dumb fans on this board and others, but holy ^%$#, let's please win the SEC West before we even talk about any sort of championship...

hogsanity

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on November 07, 2017, 01:32:17 pm
I know there are many dumb fans on this board and others, but holy ^%$#, let's please win the SEC West before we even talk about any sort of championship...

The point is all the jokers on here saying we have to have a guhd ole suhthen boyee to win here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 01:34:38 pm
The point is all the jokers on here saying we have to have a guhd ole suhthen boyee to win here.

Oh really? Thank you for clearing that up.

GTOWNHOG

Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

sowmonella

The carpetbagger reference is just bandied about by mainly just one idiot.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Tarheelhawg

I couldn't care less about the Coach being from the North or South.  Just win baby!

hogsanity

Quote from: sowmonella on November 07, 2017, 09:48:23 pm
The carpetbagger reference is just bandied about by mainly just one idiot.

Carpetbagger, maybe, but there are many who espouse that the Hogs have " got to get a guhd ole suhthun boyee " to be the coach because that's " the only kinduh man to uhnduhstand Ahkansas and its place in thuh south ".

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: tusked on November 06, 2017, 11:39:42 am
Hog fans have done and gone full retard.

Clearly some of us need additional outlets.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Piggfoot

Quote from: hogsanity on November 06, 2017, 10:51:12 am
Its amazing how things get modified on Hogville. I have suggested a couch from the south or Texas hoping they would have more contacts with high school coaches in the SEC states.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

KennyForAD

A coach is a TOTALLY different animal from an AD.  Coaches are extremely unlikely to just be trying to con a school.

Hire a 'professional AD,' on the other hand, instead of someone who actually cares about you, and you are HIGHLY LIKELY to get a carpetbagger scumbag blood sucking POS like Jeffie.

To the PTB:   PLEASE DON'T BE SO STUPID AGAIN, WHEN YOU START LOOKING FOR A NEW AD AFTER FIRING LONG NEXT WEEK.   Thank you.

tomarkansawyer

"Carpetbagger, maybe, but there are many who espouse that the Hogs have " got to get a guhd ole suhthun boyee " to be the coach because that's " the only kinduh man to uhnduhstand Ahkansas and its place in thuh south "."

Northerners are far more biased against the South, your response echos how they view Southerners and actually invalidates the point you were trying to make.

East Clintwood

Quote from: jst01 on November 06, 2017, 10:38:53 am

Yes, a lot of us do and it has nothing to do with the Civil War or the Confederacy.

The culture of the north, the south, and the west are significantly different, with much different values and tastes.  The middle of the country is somewhat a mix of all of the others.

Calling someone a northerner (yankee, if you will) simply identifies someone who will generally have much different values and will not understand us or our values.   The northerners will have similar thoughts about us.  We/they are different from us/them.  Nothing sinister about it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on November 07, 2017, 09:38:22 pm
LOL... Some people have a hard time with geography...

It would have made things easier if they had called them North Virginia and South Virginia.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Potosihog

jkstock04

Well...there ya go an excellent reason to keep Bielema! Statistics firmly on our side on this one.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys