Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan - back in the game - in the Big 12? (Article)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 21, 2006, 11:33:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Richardson tells a Kansas paper he feels he can win another national championship, possibly in the Big 12.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

johnny cash

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

johnny cash

Have you heard as far as next year goes who will coach at OSU?

NATEHOGG216

no but Lil sutton had already been named as the guy to take the job when eddie leaves.  looks like it will happen sooner rather than later
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

dotnet

Quote from: johnny cash on February 21, 2006, 12:02:06 pm
Have you heard as far as next year goes who will coach at OSU?

One of the Suttons.  Probably the son.

The_Bionic_Pig

The upper tier of the Big 12 are not going to give Nolan a second look if he is serious about his comments he will have to look at a  Iowa State, Kansas St, Baylor type situation and build them up. 

One Positive from this may be that  it would release the UofA of paying him all that $$$ if he signs a contract with a program.  (I think Frank would only have to fork out the difference in pay)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Tusks

Actually that's a funny article.  NR still has the BS when he needs it.  He will never coach at a major school unless he sues and gets placed as a coach....and no I'm not talking about Arkansas.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I dont know, I could see Missouri taking a chance on him. Their fans have to be getting desparate at this point for a proven winner.

RazorbackRon

Nolan IS still spewing his racist crap.   The chip on his shoulder will not let him see that the reason he will not ever be hired again as the head coach of a major D1 school is the unjustified lawsuit he brought against the university.

Get over it Nolan and move on.......preferably out of state.  You are the reason, the basketball program is in the shape it is in.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

HaWg 10

just like nolan, always playing the race card to be heard.  thats the only way he can get his name out is to throw race into the equation, classy guy that nolan, lets hire him back. :puke:
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Ralphyt

hogsanity

Well where in the big 12 is he gonna go that isnt just as "racist"  And by racist, I mean schools were they expect you to actually recruit and not say stuff like " give me my money and they can have my job".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HOGLUVIN

Baby boy Sutton has the OSU job all sewed up. He has been running the show at practices and alot during the games. Coach Eddie Sutton has been more on a mentor role for a while now.

HOGLUVIN

NR is the racist, that is why it exists all around him, but he is the only one that can see it.

hawkeyefan17

"If he is serious about his comments he will have to look at a Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor type situaiton and build them up"

This is an unfair comment. Iowa State has a much better basketball program than Kansas State or Baylor. What situation are you reffering to Stewie? Wayne Morgan is a fine coach and his job is safe and Scott Drew is at Baylor and I think he wil be there for a while.

Iowa State is in conversations with Kansas and Missouri as far as the northern schools in the Big 12 go historically, not Baylor or Kansas State or Nebraska for that matter.

Nolan would be a fine coach anywhere and I think it would be great to see him back in the game.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on February 21, 2006, 12:26:39 pm
"If he is serious about his comments he will have to look at a Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor type situaiton and build them up"

This is an unfair comment. Iowa State has a much better basketball program than Kansas State or Baylor. What situation are you reffering to Stewie? Wayne Morgan is a fine coach and his job is safe and Scott Drew is at Baylor and I think he wil be there for a while.

Iowa State is in conversations with Kansas and Missouri as far as the northern schools in the Big 12 go historically, not Baylor or Kansas State or Nebraska for that matter.

Nolan would be a fine coach anywhere and I think it would be great to see him back in the game.

I only based my comments by looking at the current standings in the Big12 didn't bother to look and see what coaches are on the hotseat.  Nolan has always been a good/great coach, his only problem is he doesn't allow fans to put him on a pedestal he insist on doing it himself.  Just re-read the article.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Thrilbilly

February 21, 2006, 12:43:12 pm #18 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 01:38:25 pm by Thrilbilly
Quote from: YepItsMe on February 21, 2006, 12:05:27 pm
Hahahaha ok in no way am I trying to be disrespectful or bashing black people but when he pulled the race card I was mad no one had done anything to him and he did that.  That being said I would like to say this adding to his speech he made

If you don't want people pulling the race card don't give them any cards to play with!

Sonofahog

Nolans racial crap has carried on way too long.  He single handedly has tried to bring down U of A athletics, and all he has done is made a fool of himself.  Does racism exist?  Yes it does.  Is it the cause of all of Nolan's problems?  No it isn't.  HIS MOUTH is why no one will hire him,  that and they don't want to get sued.  Just enjoy being retired Nolan.  You WERE a legend in this state,  and you keep tarnishing it to the point where we just want you to go away. 
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Thrilbilly

Quote from: stillahog on February 21, 2006, 12:48:03 pm
Nolans racial crap has carried on way too long.  He single handedly has tried to bring down U of A athletics, and all he has done is made a fool of himself.  Does racism exist?  Yes it does.  Is it the cause of all of Nolan's problems?  No it isn't.  HIS MOUTH is why no one will hire him,  that and they don't want to get sued.  Just enjoy being retired Nolan.  You WERE a legend in this state,  and you keep tarnishing it to the point where we just want you to go away. 
I agree entirely. It is not secret that he is hyper paranoid. He is best left alone.

Hardwork321

Nolan isn't a racist. He was a black man that found success at the University of Arkansas.
He said somethinks that were true. 

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on February 21, 2006, 12:20:17 pm
NR is the racist, that is why it exists all around him, but he is the only one that can see it.

YepItsMe

Quote from: Thrilbilly on February 21, 2006, 12:43:12 pm
Hahahaha ok in no way am I trying to be disrespectful or bashing black people but when he pulled the race card I was mad no one had done anything to him and he did that.  That being said I would like to say this adding to his speech he made

I'm tired of hearing his cry babying send him back on the boat

Commits like the last line of the post above prove to people that racism is alive and well. If you don't want people pulling the race card don't give them any cards to play with!

He was never getting cards like that to play with he just all of  sudden pulled this crap about him and his ancestors and coming on the boat so I made that comment.  He's been racists the whole time he was hear I'm sorry if everyone in Arkansas got tired of his crap with ractism so sorry I poked fun of it after he spent years being racist.  Also learn how to spell COMMENT

CarolinaHog1176

nolan won't get a chance at a big time DI program ever again.  he might do a DII or DIII school somewhere but there's NO WAY that these big schools are going to shell out the money for a racist who will sue them when they fire him for not doing his job.

after nolan got his big contract extension his whole attitude changed.  he was no longer striving to be the best because he finally got the big pay day.  that's why companies only pay you enough to keep you coming back... because if they pay you too much you'll retire! ;D
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Thrilbilly

February 21, 2006, 12:58:32 pm #24 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 01:37:08 pm by Thrilbilly
Quote from: YepItsMe on February 21, 2006, 12:52:24 pm
Quote from: Thrilbilly on February 21, 2006, 12:43:12 pm

He was never getting cards like that to play with he just all of  sudden pulled this crap about him and his ancestors and coming on the boat so I made that comment.  He's been racists the whole time he was hear I'm sorry if everyone in Arkansas got tired of his crap with ractism so sorry I poked fun of it after he spent years being racist.  Also learn how to spell COMMENT

Whoops, spell check did not catch that one. If he opened that can of worms then I apologize for chastising. BTW racism has no T and hear should be here...LOL

HOGLUVIN

HE
Quote from: Hardwork321 on February 21, 2006, 12:51:41 pm
Nolan isn't a racist. He was a black man that found success at the University of Arkansas.
He said somethinks that were true. 

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on February 21, 2006, 12:20:17 pm

He had 1 NC, JM has 40+... who do you think should make more?

HOGLUVIN

before there is any misunderstanding. I think that the best man for the job is a black man, Mike Anderson, just not NR.

Ish O

Nebraska will be looking for a new head coach. From what I can remember the AD there seems to like Hog coaches. Nolan would be very successful at NU.

HOGLUVIN

I think that NR would be successful in the BIG 12. From what I remember, he had some luck recruiting in TX, and OK.

Thrilbilly

Nolan has the potential to be successful anywhere. He would need to settle down and not be so radical and paranoid.

Calling All Hogs

If Nolan wants to coach again he needs a PR man who has the authority to duct tape Nolan's mouth!

Thrilbilly

Quote from: CallMeHog on February 21, 2006, 01:09:20 pm
If Nolan wants to coach again he needs a PR man who has the authority to duct tape Nolan's mouth!
BINGO!

Hawgin84

Maybe he needs to check with his doctor as well. Maybe a little Zoloft would work wonders.  ;)

HogInaStrangeLand

Nolan could be very successful again.

If he's willing to drop the past and the school that hires him is willing to do likewise.

Also, at this point I'm not sure Nebraska wants much to do with ex or current Razorbacks...
(it just seems to never play to their advantage...this is where the dark-siders make a jab at Nutt.)

Biggus Piggus

Nolan did not do himself any favors with those little comments.  No way in hell anybody in the Big 12 hires him.  They want coaches they can fire if they start sucking.
[CENSORED]!

4thdownnutt

HouTxRzbck

Nolan is just sitting on UA's treasure chest.  He knows if he gets another job he will lose the treasure chest.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

HouTxRzbck

"...Every Day"

mikeirwin

The only way he'd get hired is to sign a basketball version of a pre-nupt. He'd have to promise not to sue if he got canned.
Even then I'm not sure anybody would hire him.
He never understood that he was one helluva coach and he didn't need to defend himself to anyone. Just coach, win games and talk basketball.
No school is going to let their coach get up in front of the national media and say his boss sucks, his job sucks and the fans suck.
It's like paying an ad agency good money to tell people your product stinks.
Insane.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

NATEHOGG216

when and if he goes to work somewhere else i think

HouTxRzbck

Thank God the light is at the end of the tunnel.  Thanks hsv.

"...Every Day"

ElRopo

First they retired Noland then they shot his black horse. WWWWWWW :-[WWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeirwin

Quote from: hSv on February 21, 2006, 02:37:55 pm
Two years
You paid attention in arithmetic.
Fired in March of 2001.
To be paid $500,000 per year for six years plus a $3,000,000 bonus.
Nolan is.....
THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN.

JJHog

will he ever get it? never took responsibility for saying what he said--that's what got your fired!
" Think Right, Do Right"

NATEHOGG216

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
sick of hearing about NOLAN

The_Bionic_Pig

February 21, 2006, 02:50:43 pm #46 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:53:13 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 21, 2006, 02:44:48 pm
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow what a lovely singing voice you have... lol
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

NATEHOGG216

hogman64

No He will never get it............Hatred  retards the brain's reasoning function...........

Hardwork321

Wrong!!!!!!!!!  If Nolan won't a job he would be coaching today. 

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 21, 2006, 02:37:48 pm
The only way he'd get hired is to sign a basketball version of a pre-nupt. He'd have to promise not to sue if he got canned.
Even then I'm not sure anybody would hire him.
He never understood that he was one helluva coach and he didn't need to defend himself to anyone. Just coach, win games and talk basketball.
No school is going to let their coach get up in front of the national media and say his boss sucks, his job sucks and the fans suck.
It's like paying an ad agency good money to tell people your product stinks.
Insane.