Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU to GoDaddy.com Bowl

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, December 02, 2013, 12:13:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

GolfNut57

Way to go Red Wolves!! Hoooooowwwwwlllllllll......
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dropkick

Good for them. I wondered if they would get an invite somewhere.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1h
GoDaddy's racy but draws line at Bobby P RT @slmandel WKU beat ArkSt SAT, finished with a better record, and GoDaddy bowl still took Ark St.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Two Socks

It's all about selling tickets and the Red Wolves will bring twice as many fans as the Hilltoppers would.

Kicking Wing

They had three conference losses including to South Alabama and Troy, they don't travel and their non-conference big games were UK and Tenn. whereas ASU played Auburn and Mizzou.  ASU can still finish as co-champs and no worse than second and travels very well.  It was close but not a shocker that they chose ASU.

Dropkick

They might need to rename that the "Red Wolf Bowl".

Ben

I think a major player in why asu got chosen is because 2 of their losses are playing in the SEC title
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Dropkick

Quote from: Ben on December 02, 2013, 04:09:00 pm
I think a major player in why asu got chosen is because 2 of their losses are playing in the SEC title
Good point

(notOM)Rebel123

...wonder if anyone on the Godaddy bowl committee knew anyone who was on the Cotton Bowl committee when the Hogs played KSU?  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Two Socks

Quote from: Ben on December 02, 2013, 04:09:00 pm

Who would have believed that at the beginning of the year.  I believe that ASU felt that they had a reasonable shot at these 2 teams based on last year.   ASU played tough with Mizzou and actually led the game late into the 3rd Qtr before tiring.