Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urban Meyer won't suspend players

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, December 01, 2013, 02:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar Hogbrok

Very telling of what winning in college football has become.

It's no longer about the young men.  It's about the money.  It has been for a long time.  It's just that now, nobody cares if you know it or not.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Cure

Oh this is one of those topics to rile up the mob eh?

Why should he suspend them?

1. Wilson got surrounded by a mob of players, though he should have kept his cool, the refs shouldn't have allowed him to be surrounded.

Teammates should stand up for one another.

2. It's the rivalry game and that's the usual every year.

I doubt anyone at the university will be complaining that he won't suspend them, when by NCAA rules, they wouldn't be suspended anyway.

edit - for the record, I'm sure most at Arkansas want players at this very moment, who won't take getting pushed around on the field and carry a chip on their shoulders.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

DeltaBoy

Yep OSU played with illegal players to beat Us in the Sugar Bowl.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cure

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 01, 2013, 02:53:50 pm
Yep OSU played with illegal players to beat Us in the Sugar Bowl.
NCAA didn't suspend them and Arkansas wanted Ohio State at full strength, "so there would be no excuses when we [Arkansas] win".
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Cure on December 01, 2013, 02:52:14 pm
Oh this is one of those topics to rile up the mob eh?

Why should he suspend them?

1. Wilson got surrounded by a mob of players, though he should have kept his cool, the refs shouldn't have allowed him to be surrounded.

Teammates should stand up for one another.

2. It's the rivalry game and that's the usual every year.

I doubt anyone at the university will be complaining that he won't suspend them, when by NCAA rules, they wouldn't be suspended anyway.

edit - for the record, I'm sure most at Arkansas want players at this very moment, who won't take getting pushed around on the field and carry a chip on their shoulders.

Not at all. Just found it interesting. I didn't give the situation nearly as much thought as you have. :)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Augustus

Maybe Urban is thinking of having them sign "Honor Letters?"

hobhog

He'd probably get a huge fine and possible suspension in the NFL, much less college. Giving the double bird as you walk out of a stadium is not what you want representing your university/program.

Not suspending him is typical of the hypocracy of OSU.....

PorkSoda

Quote from: Cure on December 01, 2013, 02:55:24 pm
NCAA didn't suspend them and Arkansas wanted Ohio State at full strength, "so there would be no excuses when we [Arkansas] win".
but we didn't win, and the NCAA did suspend them later.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Boarcephus

they're desperate to keep the SEC out of the game.  Almost surprised the Big 10 doesn't make Michigan State forfeit to insure OSU wins out and gets a spot.  Love to see Auburn drill Mizzou and jump over them and play FSU.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Rockpig5

Looks like the only he should suspend is #1. Looks like he came off the sideline.