Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wisconsin's new helmets

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, August 22, 2013, 04:11:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The_Boot_stops_here

The best part of the helmet 'unveiling' is the players not giving a crap....haha....no reaction at all...FAIL coach Andersen

(notOM)Rebel123

From the CBS article...
"Considering that Wisconsin already made the change from Bret Bielema to Gary Andersen this offseason, it's somewhat fitting that the school would be switching helmets as well."

Makes it sound like Wisconsin "made the change" instead of CBB telling Alvarez to stick it.

Pickwick Hog

I HATE THEM! Stick with tradition for CRYING OUT LOUD! There is NO PLACE FOR RED HELMETS AT WISCONSIN! THEY LOOK LIKE A DAMN BASS BOAT! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

8)
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

jusgtohogs

Quote from: Pickwick Hog on August 22, 2013, 04:25:10 pm
I HATE THEM! Stick with tradition for CRYING OUT LOUD! There is NO PLACE FOR RED HELMETS AT WISCONSIN! THEY LOOK LIKE A DAMN BASS BOAT! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

8)

Their sour grapes attitude is kind of annoying, but who cares what their helmets look like.

WizardofhOgZ

HogFanatic

NotOM,

Makes it sound like? haha. Nah, that's exactly what they DID say. Ridiculous.

The team reaction made me LOL.
They couldn't care less. And in fact, it looked a lot like several of them didn't like the helmet at all. I don't either. They should stick with red on white.

When I first saw the thread title I was like WTH, but I'm glad I read this. This is hilarious!
HAHAHAHAHA!!

The Boar War

I wasn't expecting a replay of the Ohio reaction when they decided to wear black uniforms.  But that's the kind of reaction I'd expect from a team learning they've gone from Aquafina to Dasani water.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 22, 2013, 04:38:49 pm
This is so ironic.  Looks a million times better than that white POS we're wearing on the road this year.

Literally every person I've talked to about the white helmets disagrees with you.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 22, 2013, 04:51:58 pm
Literally every person I've talked to about the white helmets disagrees with you.

Yet more proof that the idiocracy is upon us.

atekido

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 22, 2013, 05:25:16 pm

Yes,  your post is proof of that.

870hogfan

This is so ironic.  Looks a million times better than that white POS we're wearing on the road this year.

False.

LSPRazorbac

I'm a tradition guy, but I got to say I do kinda like the all white for road games.

And we are keeping the Red Helmet w/ red jersey and white pants traditional look for home games.

So I am happy, happy, happy

Theolesnort

Yep, he's been Spaighted by the board.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

CDBHawg

Let it go and move on.

farmhawg

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 22, 2013, 05:25:16 pm

grouchy old bastage.......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Choctaw Hog

You might know a thing or two about helmets because you probably were made to carry several during your time as a water boy.

Nipsey Mussle

So now the hens on here are cackling about another teams uniforms? Can we just make a thread about each and every d1 team and a critique of their uniforms?

HawgHotti

Why are we so obsessed with Wisconsin.  So what if they think they upgraded their head coach, we upgraded ours as well.  We have so many sour grapes that they are happy with how things turned out its ridiculous.  WPS!   :razorback: :razorback:

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HawgHotti on August 22, 2013, 08:07:40 pm
Why are we so obsessed with Wisconsin.  So what if they think they upgraded their head coach, we upgraded ours as well.  We have so many sour grapes that they are happy with how things turned out its ridiculous.  WPS!   :razorback: :razorback:

Obsessed with Wisconsin? Naw, just thought the article & pic was worth starting a thread. What else are we supposed to discuss for the next week?

Hoggish1

Do you like it (holds up helmet)...? Yawn 

GA is no Beilama...

Huckleberry Pig

they look like they are made of cheap plastic

3BoarsDown

No wonder Bielema bolted, their team meeting room looks like it doubles as an Anthropology class during the day.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on August 22, 2013, 08:25:57 pm
No wonder Bielema bolted, their team meeting room looks like it doubles as an Anthropology class during the day.

would explain why they look so bored

Mark_Freeman

"We're trying to be on the cutting edge."

We put a white W on a red helmet instead of a red W on a white helmet. Mind=blown. Furthering the B1G is boring stereotype.

HighOntheHog

Andersen really had them pumped up...

Cartoon Man

HawgHotti

was doing some searches on youtube for this and stumbled upon this... Absolutely incredibly well done video.  We need to hire this guy to make a video for us.  What a great job he did. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq6GQI9vyRs

redeye

CBS only brings up Bielema to stir things up. This story shouldn't have anything to do with Bielema and CBS should be ashamed.

Personally, I didn't realize that Wisconsin always wears white helmets. I guess Andersen likes the Arkansas look.

WaltKowalski

They look good. Im not sure why we care though?

Ugly Uncle

Really funny reaction...or lack of reaction from the team.
Retired Radio Host

LZH

What was wrong with their old ones?  I liked 'em.

Either way, the 'unveiling' of the new ones reminds me of 'Spinal Tap'....ya know - the 'black' album cover.  "How much blacker can it get?"

Goes to show ya that changing s*** just to be changing s*** does absolutely nothing.

The Artist Yo Huckleberry

That "flying W" thingy always looked like crap to me and it still does.

SPAL

First of all, Differing opinions don't make someone an idiot.

Next, I'm a traditionalist and I love our new white helmet.

Third, general sports is too mainstream to post general sports news.

Finally, that lack of reaction is awesome.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HawgHotti on August 22, 2013, 09:55:32 pm
was doing some searches on youtube for this and stumbled upon this... Absolutely incredibly well done video.  We need to hire this guy to make a video for us.  What a great job he did. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq6GQI9vyRs

I wonder if the fan who posted it on youtube made it..? If so, he has mad skillz...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 22, 2013, 11:48:58 pm

Yes

yes

yes

and... yes.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redswarmrising

"Do you like it?"

*3-4 seconds of silence*

"Do you like it???"

"Yeah!"

hahaha....

LZH

Quote from: redswarmrising on August 23, 2013, 02:12:05 am
"Do you like it?"

*3-4 seconds of silence*

"Do you like it???"

"Yeah!"

hahaha....

DukeOfPork

Quote from: The Boar War on August 22, 2013, 04:42:13 pm
I wasn't expecting a replay of the Ohio reaction when they decided to wear black uniforms.  But that's the kind of reaction I'd expect from a team learning they've gone from Aquafina to Dasani water.

Haha!  Well said.

ifghog

Quote from: theenemy on August 22, 2013, 06:41:41 pm
I'm a tradition guy, but I got to say I do kinda like the all white for road games.

And we are keeping the Red Helmet w/ red jersey and white pants traditional look for home games.

So I am happy, happy, happy
I agree with you all the way!

booogaga

HAHA you guys were all talking about the reaction on the video so I had to watch it myself...

That was just awkward. First he reveals it.... nothing.... then he starts talking about tradition blah blah blah...... nothing..... then--> like it?..... LIKE IT?...... uuhhhhh  yeah......

awkward
GO HOGS!

Hoggie17

I have no interest in anything Wisconsin, they are not even in the SEC and sure not part of Hog football. 

Theolesnort

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 22, 2013, 11:48:58 pm

Well I go back to when we wore a white helmet in the fifties. I love the new white ones but I love the red ones too.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hoggie17 on August 23, 2013, 09:36:51 am
I have no interest in anything Wisconsin, they are not even in the SEC and sure not part of Hog football

Other than the fact that our head coach, D-coordinator, and D-Line coaches were there this time last year.

EastexHawg

Exactly.

EastexHawg

I haven't "talked" to you, but does expressing an opinion on this board count?

And just an observation, but there is a sizeable segment of the younger population that would love and hopes for anything that POs the "old" fans.  Tradition means nothing.  In fact, being able to say "we were there when that tired old tradition was finally broken, much to the old farts's chagrin" is something to strive for and embrace.

rljjr

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 22, 2013, 06:35:03 pm

False.

True. See how easy that is?

I wouldn't mind the white as much if it weren't GRAY. The matte red kid is alright, but the white needs to be glossy and without that garbage fade to black. But hey, change is incremental and I suspect they might be different next year.

WizardofhOgZ

August 23, 2013, 08:04:13 pm #48 Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:11:55 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 22, 2013, 07:58:24 pm
You might know a thing or two about helmets because you probably were made to carry several during your time as a water boy.

Hey scarecrow . . .  if you want to argue facts with me, bring it on.  If you want to say you like the helmet, and don't understand why I don't - fine.  But keep your asinine, juvenile attempts at insulting me where they belong - off the board and in your single digit IQ brain. 

Let me get this straight . . . just because I disagree with you on a helmet, it naturally follows (in your world) that I must not have ever played the game (as if that has any bearing on anything, anyhow).  You must be one of those "scientific rockets" Danny Ford used to talk about.