Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INformal Poll - New Darksider Nation

Started by Doug, September 10, 2012, 03:02:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which one are you?

Jeff Long Darksider (I support John L Smith)
11 (1.4%)
John L Smith Darksider (I support Jeff Long)
206 (26%)
Complete Darksider v²
523 (66%)
I support both Jeff Long and John L Smith
53 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 782

BossHog13

TOTAL AND COMPLETE DARKSIDER!!! Bring Back Bobby Petrino!!!

Dont Hassle the Hoff

Darksider since he did the deed in April and a proud member of the Fire Jeff Long Facebook group on that day...LOL

1texashogfan

Where is that nuttshaver guy who thought the hogs won when they lost.
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.  Winston Churchill

oppybrit

Hogfaniam

DSv2 until jar jar binx is gone and han (or someone as good as) is brought in.  Obi wan long f'd
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

snortyann

JL has to make a homerun hire to save his job. I for one don't want to wait for the next coach to have another 4 yrs of rebuilding. Give BP another shot. He is the caliber coach we need. There is no guarantee that we'll see another one considering how long it took for us to get him.
JL needs to come down from the ivory tower, forgive BP, and extend the olive branch. I believe BP would like a chance to redeem himself. The ripple of a harmonious agreement could transform a lot of negatives into a great positive. I consider myself a complete Darksider v2 because JL has said he won't rehire him and JLS must go. The fans will make this happen if it happens.

CabotHog87

Quote from: discombobulationist on September 10, 2012, 09:19:18 pm
This thread is chock full of fail. The whole "Blame everybody but Bobby" crap is really annoying. If he hadn't hired his mistress, our program would have kept on rolling. It's HIS fault alone! And to the crowd that thinks we need Frank back, do you not pay attention? Do you not remember his last umpteen hires? JLS needs to go, everyone knows that. He'll be gone in a few months, and then we can evaluate JL's hire. Until then we're just going to have to ride out this train wreck of a season.

So you're a John L. Smith Darksider.. That would have sufficed

Hogwild06

September 10, 2012, 10:09:14 pm #157 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:12:27 pm by Hogwild06
Complete darksider here!  I will not be satified until either A. Bobby himself is back on the hill in charge of the team or B. a coach to the same cailber is avaliable and willing to coach this team.  Sadly I may be unsatisfied for a long time  :'(
Warren, AR - the WR pipeline of the University of Arkansas

lewd and lascivious

This thread is chock full of fail. The whole "Blame everybody but Bobby" crap is really annoying. If he hadn't hired his mistress, our program would have kept on rolling. It's HIS fault alone! And to the crowd that thinks we need Frank back, do you not pay attention? Do you not remember his last umpteen hires? JLS needs to go, everyone knows that. He'll be gone in a few months, and then we can evaluate JL's hire. Until then we're just going to have to ride out this train wreck of a season.

One of the best posts I've seen in this thread. The delusional finger pointing is quite typical of this board's members historically. It's everyone's fault but Bobby Petrino's! Even though Bobby admitted it himself on national TV. It doesn't matter. Blame everybody else.

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo...

Divot

Complete Darksider.  I'm ready to buy a dang tshirt to wear Saturday too.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pyrotechnician

SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bigpigonthehill on September 10, 2012, 07:52:23 pm
Darksiders unite and take over this forum. Let's get a new coach hired who can win and with defense.
We are! Hogville has gone Sith. Long lovers will be tarred, feathered, and run out on a rail. If you are a Long lover, gtfo to Woopig.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

1873Hawg

So I am confused...

1. Jeff Long Darksider (I support John L Smith)
2. John L Smith Darksider (I support Jeff Long)
3. Complete Darksider v²
4. I support both Jeff Long and John L Smith

If 3 is an extension of 1 and 2 isn't 3=4???

I am not voting until this Dade county crap is cleared up... I support the Hogs but want Jeff Long to take a flying leap and Bobby P to come back and lead this team back to greatness!

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey

Hogwild17

complete as of 9/8.  still a little hope for long if he has a great hire.  but bowden, grobe etc, not going to cut it.  i have little faith in this coaching staff.  when under center its a handoff-shotgun its a pass... wow.  we dont need a players coach we need a leader.  i wish the speech that saban gave to the press last week was heard by our kids.

elkhog

Quote from: lewd and lascivious on September 10, 2012, 10:09:46 pm
One of the best posts I've seen in this thread. The delusional finger pointing is quite typical of this board's members historically. It's everyone's fault but Bobby Petrino's! Even though Bobby admitted it himself on national TV. It doesn't matter. Blame everybody else.

BAC shills are out and working late.

Pessimistic Piggy since April=Darksider
GO HOGS!!!

Hogfaniam

White shirt on front, big red hog.

Black on back, with 'v2' on it
Quote from: Divot on September 10, 2012, 10:12:02 pm
Complete Darksider.  I'm ready to buy a dang tshirt to wear Saturday too.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

lewd and lascivious

Quote from: elkhog on September 10, 2012, 10:48:52 pm
BAC shills are out and working late.

Pessimistic Piggy since April=Darksider

Me? A BAC shill? I'm cool with that. I'm hoping to bring out the geniuses that labeled everyone as huggers and darksiders 5 years ago. Looks like I am succeeding. Nothing says a rational, knowledgable fan like labeling fan factions and coming up with asinine BAC/GOBN conspiracy theories.

Smokehouse

7 people support JLS? Must be debt collectors who were hoping he'd luck into a few more years here.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Pig In The City

Quote from: FireLong on September 10, 2012, 03:06:37 pm
I have been anti Jeff Long for a very long time.  When Smith was hired I said I didn't think he was the right choice but I would support him until proven wrong.  Well, I think he has shown that he is not capable of his job.  I am still not mad at him though, Long never should have hired him in the first place.  I still vote as "Complete Darksider" though because I do not support either of them now.

This pretty much mimics my own sentiment about the whole fubar-ed mess.  I could stomach what Long maybe had to do with Petrino, but I could not fathom how he pulled JLS out of his .... black book.  You can't leave a team without a leader and in the trenches that leader has to be a 'real' leader not just one in 'theory'. 

With that being said, I do think we must face the facts that this team is not as talented in the trenches as we would like them to be.  Now, if they play hard and with intensity it might be completely different but all I see is guys getting pushed around.  You can only go by what you see.  We have too many players playing out of position and some players with minimal if no experience.  I can accept all the above except lack of effort and intensity.

urkillnmesmalls

LOL...  So BP just walked away from 18M and a 3.5M job to work on his family?  OK, you keep telling yourself that Guv. 

Arguing with you is like taking candy from a baby.  You serve up rebuttals that are just too easy.  It's like shooting a layup on a 7 foot basketball goal. 

Three and four are a joke Guv.  You're grasping at straws at best.  There was no appeal, because there was more to the story that has no been made public.  How else can you explain that Guv? 

The BOT didn't want to get involved?  Funny..you claim they were solely responsible for even getting BP an interview, and that they forced JL to hire MA.  But...they just sat back and watched JL fire BP without even lifting a finger. 

I hope your "darksider" buddies come to your rescue here where you feel safe Guv.  It's nice that you have this little club to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.   :)

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 10, 2012, 04:20:58 pm
Wrong all the way around.

(1) Long stated with his own mouth on several occasions that firing BP was HIS call and HIS alone. When asked point blank if he consulted the Chancellor or the BOT members before making the decision to fire BP, he said no he did not and that he only contacted the Chancellor AFTER the decision was made to inform him of it.

(2) Rather than appeal, Bobby spent his time working to repair the damage done to his family.

(3) The only way the BOT or Chancellor can intervene and reverse Longs decision is if Bobby had Appealed.

(4) The reason none of the BOT members tried to contact Long during his investigation is because none of them believed Long would go so far as to fire BP.

We the DARKSIDERS V2 are not the ones who need to get over it and face the truth it's the Long Huggers that need to do that.
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hoggam's Razor

There are so many people on Hogville worried about how the rest of the country looks at us and are convinced that ESPN is out to get us....
And then you read this post and say....sigh, "yeah I see why".
This post has created a vacuum of common sense that would be hard to replicate within any fanbase in college football.
Crank up the banners and organize the 10's of people for a rally at the BAC.  Let's show America that we don't take kindly to losing!!
Darksider....ummmm yeah.  Be one.
I hate it when people complain.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 10, 2012, 06:34:19 pm
I'm no longer so sure Bobby lied to Jeff Long. Several sources have stated that Dorrell wasn't on the Motorcycle after all.
]
Guv...stop speculating.  You've attempted to make your argument based on the facts as we know them based on minutia from day one, and you've accepted nothing but that.  Now...you want to bring up things that are pure rumor and speculation. 

You either wanted the UA to retain BP despite the horrible PR, and didn't care about anything but winning, or you didn't.  You can't have it both ways.  Now you're trying to bring some other BS in here that refutes the police report?  Come on man....give it a rest. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 10, 2012, 08:38:14 pm
Petrino proved you could win at Arkansas.  The facilities are good and it's got a good reputation.  Arkansas can pay big money, fan support is good.  Should be a plum job in November.
Akbar!! You are rebel scum  ;D

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on September 10, 2012, 11:32:54 pm
There are so many people on Hogville worried about how the rest of the country looks at us and are convinced that ESPN is out to get us....
And then you read this post and say....sigh, "yeah I see why".
This post has created a vacuum of common sense that would be hard to replicate within any fanbase in college football.
Crank up the banners and organize the 10's of people for a rally at the BAC.  Let's show America that we don't take kindly to losing!!
Darksider....ummmm yeah.  Be one.

We have great fans.  They aren't the "darksiders" from this thread though.  These are a bunch of men who are acting like 13 year old girls forming a club to make themselves feel better about things. 

Maybe 2 of them were in that group of 20 that showed up for the support BP rally.  That thing was a huge success, just like this one would be if they told everyone to show up in a black jersey outside the West gate 30 minutes before the game to show their unity.  That would be about 4 people...at best. 

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Fayettechill14

Spot on +1

Hoggam's Razor

The more that I read the OP, the more I understand that a little forward thinking just ain't happening.  (don't wanna use bad words like idiot or stupid because that' just stupid and idiotic)
The OP wants us to understand that by being in his darksider V club it does not mean that we don't support the players and the program.
Wow...just WOW.
A little forward thinking....you rally to have the darksider V club goals of firing the targeted coaches.  The players reaction I guess could go a couple of different ways - A. hey look a rally of 12 fans are demanding that our coaches be fired, they must really support us!...or B. hey look! a rally of 12 fans are demanding that our coaches be fired....what a bunch of knuckle draggin' dorks.
But I do understand that you feel obligated to take a stand for what you believe in...and you can't just sit still.  Cause that would be stupid.

Pig in the Pokey

September 11, 2012, 01:01:50 am #179 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:03:30 am by Pig in the Pokey
^^^
The #s speak for themselves. 70% Total darksider. 25% Longlovers,  5% sunshine pumpers. and  1% circus clowns.

Bebop

Pig in the Pokey

Somebody fess up. Who's a circus clown?

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 11, 2012, 01:01:50 am
^^^
The #s speak for themselves. 70% Total darksider. 25% Longlovers,  5% sunshine pumpers. and  1% circus clowns.
Poles (sp) are only as good as the people taking them.....could be that the circus clown is the only sane one in the tent!
A lot of witches were burned on a pole because of the outcome of poles!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Oliver on September 10, 2012, 03:05:30 pm
Me too.  By the end of the year it will be an even larger movement
it's huge now

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on September 11, 2012, 01:12:52 am
Poles (sp) are only as good as the people taking them.....could be that the circus clown is the only sane one in the tent!
A lot of witches were burned on a pole because of the outcome of poles!!
yeah, but you gotta admit it's funny

70% Total darksider. 25% Longlovers,  5% sunshine pumpers. and  1% circus clowns.

Hoggam's Razor

By your math...I guess the circus clown is actually not even in the tent.
I love poles.

Harley_Hawg

There is no peace, there is anger
There is no fear, there is power
There is no death, there is immortality
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

I am the heart of darkness
I know no fear
But rather I instil it in my enemies
I am the destroyer of worlds
I know the power of the Dark Side
I am the fire of hate.

All the universe bows before me
I pledge myself to the darkness
For I have found true life
In the death of the light.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

NaturalStateReb

One site to rule them all
One site to find them
One site to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them
In the land of Hogville
Where the shadows lie
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 11, 2012, 08:26:03 am
One site to rule them all
One site to find them
One site to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them
In the land of Hogville
Where the shadows lie
Perfect!

urkillnmesmalls

How's the club coming along guys?  Did you draw up an agenda yet?  Have you organized a date to take your show on the road? 

FAABrad

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on September 10, 2012, 03:17:33 pm
Where is the Bobby Petrino darksider?
That is where I fall. This is 100% on him.

I guess you arent all that smart since there is an obvious choice for you.  Just in case you cannot figure it out of on your own I will help you.  You support both Smith and Long and should choose that.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: FAABrad on September 11, 2012, 09:02:32 am
I guess you arent all that smart since there is an obvious choice for you.  Just in case you cannot figure it out of on your own I will help you.  You support both Smith and Long and should choose that.

No...that's why the poll is a joke.  This is NOT a black and white issue.  There are a plethora of different ways to feel about the myriad of issues surrounding the situation.  I do find it amusing that people are using the "darksiders" and basically claiming Star Wars and Darth Vader as their inspiration.  How many people actually watch those movies and root for the Dark Side to win?  If you do...then you're missing the point entirely.  I bet I could dig up posts where almost every one of you CRUCIFIED Auburn for the Cam Newton scandal and raked them over the coals for what they did.  Meanwhile, you now want to throw all "integrity" aside and have BP back on staff and pretend nothing ever happened.   

It's typical of how the "darksiders" see this as a black and white issue.  It's an attempt to pigeon hole people into their "us vs. them" mentality.  I didn't even vote, and I think this little club is very teenager-ish in nature, and has a negative connotation to begin with.

My option is nowhere to be found in the poll. 

Understand the firing, would have loved to see the UA retain him, don't think I know more than the people at the UA being paid to look after the program's best interest, think the UA made the decision and not JL exclusively, will evaluate JL based on the next hire

Put that in this childish poll and I'll vote.   

rlreev01

ChicoHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 10, 2012, 03:11:27 pm
I'll hold out hope of a home run hire in a couple months; until then, I'm a JLS darksider.
This.  Give Long a chance to make a decent hire.  I still say he had no better alternative than Smith at the time.  If hogs won the game last week this wouldn't be a topic.  I think Smith should go but I will root for them to do their best in the meantime and hold out hope that the next HC will be a great one. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FAABrad on September 11, 2012, 09:02:32 am
aka The Circus Clowns! Got us one, boys!!  Razorhawg

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 11, 2012, 01:13:31 am
it's huge now

Well what are ya waitin' for then?  Surely you're getting close to an organized march on the admin offices right? 

Are you going to wear the Sith Lord costume, or just a black t-shirt and some black face paint?

You guys set a date and time, and I'll show up with a camera.  I'm hoping I have a wide enough angle lens to get all 13 of you in one shot.   :P