Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why hire Mike Norvell

Started by WPSALLDAY, November 28, 2017, 10:02:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Tigerfan11 on November 28, 2017, 11:07:03 am
SOS ranks arkansas at 52, memphis at 68. hard to crap on a SOS when youre 14 spots higher, and have a losing record. Norvell would help your program...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

He's ours.

wildturkey8

Arkansas maybe at the point where it needs to take some chances.

East Clintwood

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on November 28, 2017, 10:41:57 am
His team has beaten the like of Southern Illinois, Tulane,Tulsa,SMU,Houston and UConn,Navy, ULL and the mighty UCLA.

That's what happens when you're coach at a G5 school -- you mostly play other G5 schools.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 28, 2017, 11:08:29 am
Arkansas maybe at the point where it needs to take some chances.

Any time you hire someone, you're taking a chance.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Tigerfan11

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 28, 2017, 11:08:22 am
He's ours.

i'd hate to lose him, but wish him the best and success wherever he goes other than Ole Miss or UT.

OM was so salty that he wasnt interested in their job that they spread false "red flag" background check rumors on him.

wildturkey8

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 28, 2017, 11:09:50 am
Any time you hire someone, you're taking a chance.
Some chances are bigger than others, but yes, point well taken.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tigerfan11 on November 28, 2017, 11:07:03 am
SOS ranks arkansas at 52, memphis at 68. hard to crap on a SOS when youre 14 spots higher, and have a losing record. Norvell would help your program...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
agreed Tigerfan. And I hope you guys get a great coach. Maybe hire Blake Anderson?

Anyway, If you'd be so kind-

Can you tell these cats who is better - Norvell or Fuente? Who carried who?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tigerfan11 on November 28, 2017, 11:10:50 am
i'd hate to lose him, but wish him the best and success wherever he goes other than Ole Miss or UT.

OM was so salty that he wasnt interested in their job that they spread false "red flag" background check rumors on him.
Ive been telling these dudes that but they see my screen name and hate me lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Freebrd

Memphis was scorched in the boca raton bowl 51-31 by western kentucky 2016.
Justin Fuentes first two years were 3-9 and 4-8, then next two were 9-3 and 10-3.  At Virginia Tech he is 10-4 and 9-3 and won both bowls he coached in.
Stating Fuentes ain't squat is just wrong.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Tigerfan11 on November 28, 2017, 11:10:50 am

That's Ole Miss for ya.

Tigerfan11

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 28, 2017, 11:12:11 am
agreed Tigerfan. And I hope you guys get a great coach. Maybe hire Blake Anderson?

Anyway, If you'd be so kind-

Can you tell these cats who is better - Norvell or Fuente? Who carried who?

Hard call honestly. Fuente revives programs. He can do more with less. IF the foundation is laid, i'd rather have Norvell because of his recruiting and the relationship he builds with players. Norvell wI'll prioritize offense and focus a little less on defense. Fuente is more balanced.