Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fox-Washington St-Washington Mention

Started by soooieman, November 25, 2017, 10:11:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

Quote from: Paul on November 25, 2017, 10:48:30 pm
Exactly how do u figure he’d avg 8-9 wins/yr in the SECW?

You know.  Its like how Malzahn's 9 wins in the SECW at Auburn would supposedly translate to 6-7 here at Arkansas.  And how Lane's one year record of 9-3 at FAU shows that he's ready to take on Saban.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 10:51:46 pm
Lol! We get it. U don't like him, but he is NOTHING like HDN. Don't be silly.

I do kinda like him, I just don't feel like he's what we need.

soooieman

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 25, 2017, 10:51:45 pm
Four OOC games...say he'd average 3.5 OOC wins a year.  Mizzou and another East opponent every year...say that's 1.5 a year.  That's five.  Ole Miss, Miss St and TAMU...say that's 2.5 a year...that brings it up to 7.5.  Between Bama and Auburn...say that's 1 a year...that gets you to 8.5
Yes.. also he would be unlike anything else in the SEC. we need to be different or difficult to prepare for. With the style in Arkansas within the High School ranks we would for sure get stud special skill players. He would also recruit Texas and is very well thought of down there. (I lived there for years)

Paul

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 25, 2017, 10:51:45 pm
Four OOC games...say he'd average 3.5 OOC wins a year.  Mizzou and another East opponent every year...say that's 1.5 a year.  That's five.  Ole Miss, Miss St and TAMU...say that's 2.5 a year...that brings it up to 7.5.  Between Bama and Auburn...say that's 1 a year...that gets you to 8.5
you're kidding right?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 10:55:37 pm
Yes.. also he would be unlike anything else in the SEC. we need to be different or difficult to prepare for. With the style in Arkansas within the High School ranks we would for sure get stud special skill players. He would also recruit Texas and is very well thought of down there. (I lived there for years)

Let's just hire a triple option coach, then. It's different, we'll win, right?

silverandbluedc

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 10:53:43 pm
I do kinda like him, I just don't feel like he's what we need.

What exactly is it that we need? It is my belief wins are what we need. Mike Leach has made every program he has led better than they historically have been. Improved a team in Lubbock and in Pullman. I believe he is exactly what we need.

DenaoStyle

Quote from: Paul on November 25, 2017, 10:55:54 pm
you're kidding right?

Evidently I have higher expectations for our program than you do

soooieman

Quote from: Paul on November 25, 2017, 10:55:54 pm
you're kidding right?
I hope the people who are pointing to his ONE game tonight instead of his progress over the years are kidding. Name one coach that would be better. I'll wait. He does more with less. (The opposite of Gus) and has more recruiting ties and experience than Norvell. Unless u have a coach that hasn't been mentioned I'm all ears.

soooieman

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 10:57:18 pm
You must be a Gus fan.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: silverandbluedc on November 25, 2017, 10:57:51 pm

What exactly is it that we need? It is my belief wins are what we need. Mike Leach has made every program he has led better than they historically have been. Improved a team in Lubbock and in Pullman. I believe he is exactly what we need.

The Air Raid won't work in the SEC, we need a balanced offense. I'm also not so sure about his defense, how do we know his defense, at least statistically, isn't just a fluke year like we had in 2014? Historically, he plays no defense and likes to only throw the ball around.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:01:13 pm
You must be a Gus fan.

Wrong. I've been making fun of Gus cultists all night long.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 11:03:49 pm
The Air Raid won't work in the SEC, we need a balanced offense. I'm also not so sure about his defense, how do we know his defense, at least statistically, isn't just a fluke year like we had in 2014? Historically, he plays no defense and likes to only throw the ball around.

We don't. Have to hope at a different program from TT and Wazzu he would tweak what he does.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DenaoStyle

His defense has improved drastically since his TTU days.

A good coach recognizes his environment and adapts in an effort to be successful.  Mike Leach is a smart, successful coach.  He would do what he had to in order to win games at Arkansas. 

silverandbluedc

I will take my chances on his offensive mind to figure out SEC defenses. If a guy like Urban Meyer calls him a genius it is good enough for me.

soooieman

Hogarusa

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 25, 2017, 10:25:29 pm
Washington State is down 41-14 4th quarter, maybe this will stop the Leach talk.

Really short sighted way of looking at coaches. Wazzu won 9 games in the 4 seasons combined before Leach. He has now won 9 games in 2 of past 3 seasons
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

soooieman

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 11:04:19 pm
Wrong. I've been making fun of Gus cultists all night long.
Do you have a solution or a coach? Or do you just want to poke holes in every candidate? No coach is without flaws.

Paul

November 25, 2017, 11:12:54 pm #68 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:55:18 pm by Paul
Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:00:30 pm
I hope the people who are pointing to his ONE game tonight instead of his progress over the years are kidding. Name one coach that would be better. I'll wait. He does more with less. (The opposite of Gus) and has more recruiting ties and experience than Norvell. Unless u have a coach that hasn't been mentioned I'm all ears.
Leach has s decent record reviving down programs but has never taken a program to the next level(eg conference champ etc).  That's apparently what his ceiling is & if u want that for the Hogs that's ur prerogative. I'd prefer an up & comer with a higher ceiling. The definition of a up & comer is someone who has not been successful at the P 5 level & therefore by extension one of limited experience. I think the right fit is someone like Norvell or Frost who can rebuild our program to heights we haven't seen in a generation. You see, I am an optimist & think we can do better than what Leach has achieved in his relatively long, undistinguished career

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:11:51 pm
Do you have a solution or a coach? Or do you just want to poke holes in every candidate? No coach is without flaws.

Sure, no coach is without flaws. The guy I want is Norvell and I've been saying he'll need to bring in a good defensive staff to match how good his offense could be.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Paul on November 25, 2017, 11:12:54 pm
Leach has s decent record reviving down programs but has never taken a program to the next level(eg conference champ etc).  That's apparently what his ceiling is & if u want that for the Hogs that's ur prerogative. I'd prefer an up & comer with a higher ceiling. The definition of a up & comer is someone who has not been successful at the P 5 level & therefore by extension one of limited experience. I think the right fit is someone like Norvell or Frost who can rebuild our program to heights we haven't seen in a generation. You see, I am an optimist & think we can do better than what Leach has achieved in his Long undistinguished career

No idea if the up and comer has a higher ceiling.  One could look at Leach and see the programs he has rebuilt and believe he could do more with more resources.   That would be optimistic.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:10:16 pm
WSU was top 15 in defense coming into week 13
I know...Defense please, as in yes at least his teams play defense.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

soooieman

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 11:14:47 pm
Sure, no coach is without flaws. The guy I want is Norvell and I've been saying he'll need to bring in a good defensive staff to match how good his offense could be.
I like him too. He's my #2 only because he does not have the recruiting experience or ties that Leach does. They are basically identical with one having more experience and contacts.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:17:03 pm
I like him too. He's my #2 only because he does not have the recruiting experience or ties that Leach does. They are basically identical with one having more experience and contacts.

Apparently he's recruiting very well at Memphis. I like him as he's a young, hungry coach, knows how to recruit to a school at a disadvantage, brings offense.

jjfmetal11

Leach Going to Tenner announcement tomorrow.  According to some Tenner pay sites.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jjfmetal11 on November 25, 2017, 11:19:06 pm
Leach Going to Tenner announcement tomorrow.  According to some Tenner pay sites.

Not good enough for Arkansas. 

soooieman

Quote from: Paul on November 25, 2017, 11:12:54 pm
Leach has s decent record reviving down programs but has never taken a program to the next level(eg conference champ etc).  That's apparently what his ceiling is & if u want that for the Hogs that's ur prerogative. I'd prefer an up & comer with a higher ceiling. The definition of a up & comer is someone who has not been successful at the P 5 level & therefore by extension one of limited experience. I think the right fit is someone like Norvell or Frost who can rebuild our program to heights we haven't seen in a generation. You see, I am an optimist & think we can do better than what Leach has achieved in his Long undistinguished career
So Leach lovers aren't optimistic? Hmm
You say up and comers weren't successful in power 5 "by extension of limited experience "

I could say the same for Leach except "has not been successful by extension of lack of resources at said school"  you can substitute all day long on any coach.

soooieman

If Tennessee gets him before we do I'll be sick.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:22:36 pm

We would rather go for a coach with less than 2 seasons experience or no HC experience.  Arkansas is a job where learning on the job works. -sarcasm

DenaoStyle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 11:24:47 pm
We would rather go for a coach with less than 2 seasons experience or no HC experience.  Arkansas is a job where learning on the job works. -sarcasm

Thirsting for a return to the Houston Nutt days...up and comer with Arkansas ties who REALLY WANTS THE JOB

hogsanity

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 10:57:18 pm

No no no. The only different way is to run the spread even though that is not different.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BossHawg_Outlaw

Norvell and Frost are good coaches but they aren't coaching the worst teams in a power 5 conference and having success.  Norvell wouldn't be such a hot name here if he didn't play at UCA.  Leach hasn't won any conference championships at TT or WSU but then again when have we.  I would rather have a coach who can take 2 dumpster fires and make them into a conference contender at a power 5 bottom feeder school. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2017, 11:26:52 pm
No no no. The only different way is to run the spread even though that is not different.

No fighting it now.  Unfortunate effect from Bielema era. 

soooieman

100% chance they will screw this up.  Gus-if it really "wanted his dream job" he would already be gone. Norvell - would be announced or strongly rumored by now. No smoke at all.. just the local newspaper with his contract extension. Leach- last hope, if he goes to Tenner they will win the east within 3 years. We will be left with somebody that's 6-6 but "loves that helmet"

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on November 25, 2017, 10:14:25 pm
Great.  Five years of steve the pirate.

Easy dude.

I have not been contacted in reference to the HC position.
This is my non-signature signature.

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2017, 11:28:37 pm
No fighting it now.  Unfortunate effect from Bielema era. 

Just funny they say we need to be different but then they want an offense that over half of fbs runs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

soooieman

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2017, 11:37:06 pm
Just funny they say we need to be different but then they want an offense that over half of fbs runs.
You think that just because he lines up in shotgun it's the same as the "spread" that other teams run? Bro, it ain't close. Football nerds like myself will tell you it's a huge difference in scheme

The Boar War

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:30:19 pm
100% chance they will screw this up.  Gus-if it really "wanted his dream job" he would already be gone.

He would leave his team before the conference championship game?  Has this ever happened?  Bielema wanted the job when he was at Wisconsin and still coached in the BIG 10 Championship.

soooieman

Here's a direct quote from Leach on Jan 17 of this year. Classic.

soooieman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/mike-leach-washington-state-cougars-sec-not-special-hand-grenade-offense-pac-12-criticism-conference-012017%3famp=true

ipigsooie

soooieman

Just read a report that said Greg Schiano to Washington State after Leach takes the Tennessee job. I am praying this is 100% inaccurate

deedster84

Reading some people's comments on this post and others I've come to realize that we have some real doom and gloom fans. If their coach isn't picked we are going to shiza. Some are jumping ship if (insert coach's name) isn't named. Calm down and let the process run it's course before slitting your wrist.

King Kong

Quote from: soooieman on November 25, 2017, 11:22:36 pm

Well, while you are sick I'll sleep better

HogT

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 25, 2017, 11:03:49 pm

I believe it was also said HUNH or Gus' offense would never work in the SEC. Odd who's playing for the SEC championship and a shot at his s fond trip to the NC game in the last 5 years. But it would not work here. The truth is we don't know what will or won't work but gen it's new and untried in the SEC.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

GoHogs1091

I wouldn't be surprised if the following occurred.

Arkansas   Skip Holtz, or Gene Chizik, or Rick Stockstill
Florida   Dana Holgorsen  (Florida wants offense)
Texas A&M   Jimbo Fisher
Tennessee   Mike Leach
Ole Miss   Chad Morris or Mike Norvell
Nebraska   Scott Frost
Florida State   Willie Taggart
Oregon   Matt Campbell   (his buyout is pocket change to Phil Knight)

soooieman

Quote from: King Kong on November 26, 2017, 12:04:32 am
Well, while you are sick I'll sleep better
In a bed that you made out of Kiffin press clippings.

MikePiazza

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 26, 2017, 12:34:47 am
I wouldn't be surprised if the following occurred.

Arkansas   Skip Holtz, or Gene Chizik, or Rick Stockstill
Florida   Dana Holgorsen  (Florida wants offense)
Texas A&M   Jimbo Fisher
Tennessee   Mike Leach
Ole Miss   Chad Morris or Mike Norvell
Nebraska   Scott Frost
Florida State   Willie Taggart
Oregon   Matt Campbell   (his buyout is pocket change to Phil Knight)

Lol, the only one you're going to hit on is Frost most likely. Are you seriously this clueless?
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

synthartist69

Leach may have had a winning record, but so did BB.....

PigInTheHole

Leach is a good coach, it's silly to compare him to BB
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."