Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You’re about to hear

Started by Hawg Life, November 25, 2017, 06:24:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: commonnonsense on November 25, 2017, 09:49:39 pm
Thanks for the explanation, that makes more sense now.

Wouldn't it benefit Sexton to float some rumors though?  The impression I get of him is that he'd push his own grandmother down to grab another dollar.
Quote from: Hawg Life on November 25, 2017, 09:46:35 pm
Are you related to Sam Phillips? Sports agents live off of rumors especially when it comes to coaches. The game has definitely changed with all the network money.

No, but I've been to Sun Records.

Sports agents don't need to start rumors.  Fans do it for them.

Bus Cook was a master of rumors.  I'm not saying that Sexton is above it, only that 99% of what people post here on this subject is nonsense.  Sexton didn't manipulate Mike Irwin into announcing that the BOT was going to make Malzahn say no.  Now - that plays into Sexton's hands where both Malzahn and Norvell are concerned. Knowledge is power. Leverage is determined by your next best alternative.  If you only have one offer, you have no leverage.

I'm sure Sexton laughs his ass off when one of his interns sends him a Hogville thread.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 25, 2017, 08:04:10 pm
Word is Norvell is out. Arkansas moved on. Makes no sense to me.
Something has turned up on his vetting. We dropped him today too. No idea what it is. Tennessee did the same.  Crazy.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

blu

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 25, 2017, 07:27:38 pm
Guys I am trying very, very, very hard to believe that SOMEBODY at Arkansas is running the super secret playbook to get us the best coach for us.  The timing of the firing of Long is very troubling to me unless he refused to fire Bielema, but we don't know that is the case.  Julie Comer Peoples did her best at the press conference, but because of her relative inexperience, if she is running the coaching search I hold out no hope of a positive outcome.  I am beginning to think that this whole situation was in fact not well thought out, but was a knee jerk reaction by a bunch of power brokers looking to get even with Jeff and get rid of Bielema.  I desperately hope I am wrong.

It is most likely that you are not wrong. People who believe there is some grand plan already in place are clueless on how things really happen. It is apparent that there were some (at least) perceived mis-representations of the NEZ project status which led to JL's removal. All that's going on now is recovery from that removal and dealing with having to replace an unsuccessful head football coach. I expect it could be 3-4 weeks until a new HC is named, maybe longer. Hope I'm wrong.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

hog_fan

The Norvell stuff was posted on an Ole Miss board. Rumor something in background check caused others and Arkansas to back off. Memphis mod thinks if something had been there he wouldn't have been hired

Hollywood870

Quote from: KevinOMReb on November 25, 2017, 10:13:30 pm
Something has turned up on his vetting. We dropped him today too. No idea what it is. Tennessee did the same.  Crazy.
It was probably the corn rows.

hollywood hog

Quote from: hogsfanchaz on November 25, 2017, 08:03:31 pm
So Gus, lots of people on this board say that you cannot develop a QB and that your QB has to be able to run so if that's the case how did you do so well with Mitch Mustain when he was your starting high school QB because he seemed developed and not a runner but a pocket passer. Inquiring minds would like to know.

This is Gus on my other hogville account.  And the answer to that is that anyone that knows anything about that team knows we would have won by 40 plus points every game with Russ Greenlee playing QB or a couple other dudes.  The team was loaded with college talent and above across the board.  No knock on Mitch but you could take him off that team and we still mayt have been greatest team in Arkansas history. 

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 26, 2017, 01:56:45 am
It was probably the corn rows.

Disagree.  I think it's more likely that he refused to grow them back out to help him relate better to the recruits.   ;)   

A wide open coach with corn rows?  Who's NOT going to want to come play for him?   8)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LumberBacks

Quote from: goodguytex on November 25, 2017, 08:22:59 pm
There is going to be all kinds of different assorted various crap being invented, pulled out of thin air, whatever, until this is over and we have a new HC standing at the podium at the UofA . No way to know how long this process may take. It's just getting started. It's a mistake to assume any rumor is true or fact until we know for sure.
[/quote
We should know better than to trust a coach who simply makes it to the podium.  See Dana Altman.

Hawg Life

Quote from: LumberBacks on November 26, 2017, 08:38:36 pm
Quote from: goodguytex on November 25, 2017, 08:22:59 pm
There is going to be all kinds of different assorted various crap being invented, pulled out of thin air, whatever, until this is over and we have a new HC standing at the podium at the UofA . No way to know how long this process may take. It's just getting started. It's a mistake to assume any rumor is true or fact until we know for sure.
[/quote
We should know better than to trust a coach who simply makes it to the podium.  See Dana Altman.

I agree. I'm glad I didn't buy into the Gus nonsense.