Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noon ET on ESPNU

Started by SquidBilly, November 25, 2017, 10:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

Tune in if you want to see our new coach in action.

JONAS

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 25, 2017, 10:55:24 am

I hope he is our new coach.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

Paul

I hope to God. Love watching his offense

#1 STUNNA

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 25, 2017, 11:24:26 am
They are fast

Speed.  What a ground breaking concept.  We should try that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

grayhawg

And O line opens some big holes

bkjbearcat

Well it won't be Chip Kelly. Kind of glad he won't be in the SEC.

https://twitter.com/UCLAAthletics
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

onebadrubi

It's east Carolina guys, they are one of the worst college football teams this year.

hogfanmd

Memphis state is 9-1 and ranked #20
He will land at an SEC school IMO
Whether it is us or not

Danimal

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 25, 2017, 11:29:18 am
It's east Carolina guys, they are one of the worst college football teams this year.
So is Coastal Carolina....

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 25, 2017, 11:32:47 am
Memphis state is 9-1 and ranked #20
He will land at an SEC school IMO
Whether it is us or not

Norvell, Gus, Campbell. If Arkansas gets anyone else other then those I know a lot of people will be disappointed. Well unless it's a miracle and Gundy or Venables.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogfanmd

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 25, 2017, 11:29:18 am

"Clark, the little lights aren't twinkling"

I remember us playing ECU at the liberty bowl and going to OT
My frost bite has almost healed

#1 STUNNA

good teams... make horrible teams look horrible...

Bacons Rebellion

"Norvell" would make a good car brand. "Nothing handles adversity on the road like a Norvell XT Sport."

100%Razorback

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 25, 2017, 11:39:30 am
"Norvell" would make a good car brand. "Nothing handles adversity on the road like a Norvell XT Sport."

Da heck?  ???

leroyhawg

Quote from: Danimal on November 25, 2017, 11:33:28 am
I don't think we can say who's the worst football team, we rank right there with them.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

hogfanmd

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 25, 2017, 11:39:06 am

Well played

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 25, 2017, 11:36:04 am
Norvell, Gus, Campbell. If Arkansas gets anyone else other then those I know a lot of people will be disappointed. Well unless it's a miracle and Gundy or Venables.
Do you even Leach, Bro?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawg1221

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 25, 2017, 10:55:24 am

Oh sh*t! I thought the iron bowl tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

SquidBilly

Memphis is up 35-0 with 8 mins left in the 2nd quarter.  East Carolina is not a good team this year but Norvell is showing us how you handle your business against inferior teams.  And he's doing it while also being a players coach.  He needs to be wearing Razorback red shortly after this game is over.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 25, 2017, 12:08:06 pm
Memphis is up 35-0 with 8 mins left in the 2nd quarter.  East Carolina is not a good team this year but Norvell is showing us how you handle your business against inferior teams.  And he's doing it while also being a players coach.  He needs to be wearing Razorback red shortly after this game is over.

Hard to judge him when he's not facing some talent like Coastal Carolina would show,

SquidBilly

Make that 42-0 with 6 mins to go in the 2nd quarter.

AirWarren

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 25, 2017, 12:14:42 pm
Make that 42-0 with 6 mins to go in the 2nd quarter.

If he was playing a team worth a damn, it would be 42-35.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Danimal on November 25, 2017, 11:33:28 am

Find where I said we should keep Bielema.  If you are judging a coaches performance over beating awful teams, don't be mad if he can't beat the South Carolina's and ms state. 

Birminghog

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 25, 2017, 11:51:24 am
Oh sh*t! I thought the iron bowl tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Only if you're watching a replay. 2:30 this afternoon.

regi

Mumphis gives up 32 points,  465 yards total offense a game.  He may get an SEC job,  with so many openings,  but nothing in his bio,  says,  he will fix our terrible,  on-going defensive woes. It want matter,  cause he is not coming here

SquidBilly

Now its 49-0 with 2 mins left to go in the half.    Seems Memphis can play a little defense after all.  3 ints so far including one pick 6.

hawg1221

Quote from: Birminghog on November 25, 2017, 12:24:43 pm
Only if you're watching a replay. 2:30 this afternoon.

Thanks. I noticed that right after I posted this.

jgphillips3

Norvell is still my favorite candidate. 

MissippHog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 25, 2017, 12:29:26 pm
Now its 49-0 with 2 mins left to go in the half.    Seems Memphis can play a little defense after all.  3 ints so far including one pick 6.
His team was ranked 15th or so in turnover margin going into today's game, but that's not allowed to be discussed around here.  Only how bad his defense is.

SquidBilly

Quote from: regi on November 25, 2017, 12:27:06 pm
Mumphis gives up 32 points,  465 yards total offense a game.  He may get an SEC job,  with so many openings,  but nothing in his bio,  says,  he will fix our terrible,  on-going defensive woes. It want matter,  cause he is not coming here

Those stats look bad if not put in the proper context.  Most of Memphis' scoring drives today have been two minutes or less giving the other teams offense more time on the field.  That's where winning the turnover margin is more critical than shutting your opponents down on defense.  Every turnover Memphis has gotten today has resulted in a TD.  If your defense can give your offense two or three extra posessions a game and your offense is able to do something with those, you're going to win 10 out of 10 times.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MissippHog on November 25, 2017, 12:35:35 pm
His team was ranked 15th or so in turnover margin going into today's game, but that's not allowed to be discussed around here.  Only how bad his defense is.
his defense is actually very good at what they do- they compliment the spread.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawgball40

I'm sold. Dude is an oppurtunistic recruiter on defense just like petrino was, he's already poaching alabama left overs. the redshirt sophomore in the secondary named perry is a player, and he was one of those players bama tried to grayshirt. Dear PTB, throw 3.2m at Norvell plus 2 or 3m in incentives and see if he bites.

Birminghog

Is he auditioning today?  ;)

ShadowTheHedgehog

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Looks like special teams are really special in Memphis.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hawg1221

Maddhog

I like Norvell.  He has a good rapport with his players, he's smart, I love the offense and he is just in his 30s.   There would be some risk in hiring him but a really high ceiling as well.  Plus we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him.  He apparently wants us, warts and all.   I absolutely could be wrong but I believe he is a rising star in the profession and I am interested in following his career wherever he goes.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

alohawg

Quote from: Maddhog on November 25, 2017, 01:24:45 pm
I like Norvell.  He has a good rapport with his players, he's smart, I love the offense and he is just in his 30s.   There would be some risk in hiring him but a really high ceiling as well.  Plus we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him.  He apparently wants us, warts and all.   I absolutely could be wrong but I believe he is a rising star in the profession and I am interested in following his career wherever he goes.   

Completely agree.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoghearted

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 25, 2017, 12:50:47 pm
I'm sold. Dude is an oppurtunistic recruiter on defense just like petrino was, he's already poaching alabama left overs. the redshirt sophomore in the secondary named perry is a player, and he was one of those players bama tried to grayshirt. Dear PTB, throw 3.2m at Norvell plus 2 or 3m in incentives and see if he bites.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Pig in the Pokey

Norvell is puttin on a show today. No defense you say? Hold em to less than 20, while scoring damn near a HUNDRED.
@Slackaveli

CountryHam

He is a coach most of the fanbase could get behind. As bad as E Carolina is we would probably only be up 7-10 points. Bring on Norvell!

Maddhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 25, 2017, 01:34:47 pm
Norvell is puttin on a show today. No defense you say? Hold em to less than 20, while scoring damn near a HUNDRED.

They score at will and its TDs, not FGs.

He would be sensational at Florida. 

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on November 25, 2017, 11:39:06 am

Truth. I've forgotten what that's like.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hoghearted

Quote from: Maddhog on November 25, 2017, 01:38:11 pm
They score at will and its TDs, not FGs.

He would be sensational at Florida Arkansas. 

;D
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

rljjr

63-13 end of 3. Playing with a running clock.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoghearted