Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Name the Arkansas-Mizzou "Bowl" Rivalry

Started by moses_007, November 23, 2017, 06:46:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

November 23, 2017, 06:46:34 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:18:25 pm by moses_007
Alabama-Auburn is the Iron Bowl.  Mississippi-Mississippi State the Egg Bowl.  What bowl name should we give Arkansas-Missouri?

MizArk Bowl?

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jgphillips3

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BOAR_N2BWILD

The We Were Forced Into This Meaningless Rivalry Bowl
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Arkansas Fan

"This is Not a Rivalry Bowl, We Were Forced Into it by Idiots"

HoggyCat

You should have "rivalry" in quotations. It's no rivalry.

But I'll pay along.

The Razorback side should be the "Thank you Jeffi for selling us out to be SEC" bowl. He basically bent over for A&M.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2017, 06:46:34 pm
Alabama-Auburn is the Iron Bowl.  Mississippi-Mississippi State the Egg Bow.  What bowl name should we give Arkansas-Missouri?

MizArk Bowl?
The Leftover's Bowl...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

moses_007

I think it will turn into a pretty good rivalry between Arkansas and Mizzou.  Surely you guys can come up with some pretty good names.

Ozarks Bowl?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

moses_007

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

JaketheSnake

50 Shades of Sadness Rivalry
Heizenburg Bowl

East Clintwood

The "I'd Rather Be Playing Somebody Else Bowl"
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Tarheelhawg

Hogimus Prime

Just a normal game put some people are trying to force a rivalry bowl

Hogpile

The  musket bowl, moonshine bowl, or hillbilly bowl. Battle for the brass spitoon

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogpile on November 23, 2017, 07:33:36 pm
The  musket bowl, moonshine bowl, or hillbilly bowl. Battle for the brass spitoon

Funny you say that, my great great great grandfather hauled ass from Ava to Stone County runnin from the law due to moon shining.

SDZ_Hog

Drop the Mike

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Dark Helmet Hog

Großer Kriegschwein

How about someone just go ahead and acknowledge we don't have a rivalry with MO. Never have, maybe someday we will, but it won't be for quite a while.

Which oddly enough, is the truth.

hogfanny

Hogpile

From some of the posts I've seen., How about the whine and cheese bowl

SNORTZENHOGGER

Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

BrianG

31to6

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2017, 06:46:34 pm
Alabama-Auburn is the Iron Bowl.  Mississippi-Mississippi State the Egg Bowl.  What bowl name should we give Arkansas-Missouri?

MizArk Bowl?
"The Meh Game"

hotdog hog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 23, 2017, 08:00:00 pm
How about someone just go ahead and acknowledge we don't have a rivalry with MO. Never have, maybe someday we will, but it won't be for quite a while.

Which oddly enough, is the truth.
This is the exact quote that was in just about every post I read from LSU fans about the Arkansas LSU ballgame. They never considered us a rival and paid for it on many occasions. So far, Mizzou seems to be the Hogs in the rivalry and us LSU. We better figure it out soon or continue to suffer the consequences. I can promise you it's a rivalry to them.

ivebeentusked

When cerebral processes enter into sports, you start screwing up. It's like the Constitution, which says separate church and state. You have to separate mind and body. <br />~ Bill Lee ~

The OTR

The show me the door bowl. 

Both coaches may be gone after tomorrow. 

The OTR

Or in cbb's case show me the (buyout) money bowl.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 23, 2017, 10:25:15 pm
The show me the door bowl. 

Both coaches may be gone after tomorrow.

Odom isn't gonna get off'd after winning 6 straight.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 23, 2017, 07:36:25 pm
Funny you say that, my great great great grandfather hauled ass from Ava to Stone County runnin from the law due to moon shining.
On a horse? Or was he 110 years old?

HogPharmer

In other news, Kenny Mayne just called CBB "Bret Bulema"
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 23, 2017, 10:48:09 pm
In other news, Kenny Mayne just called CBB "Bret Bulema"

Lol.

See, even the media doesn't give a s*** anymore. Dari is the only one that does.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

HogPharmer

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 23, 2017, 10:58:00 pm
Lol.

See, even the media doesn't give a s*** anymore. Dari is the only one that does.

I figure that makes Kenny an honorary hog fan... Not knowing how to say the HC's name after 5 years and whatnot.

Pigsrus

Quote from: Rzback on November 23, 2017, 07:45:27 pm
ARMOgeddon
This actually is what they should have called it.  Bunch of pvssies calling it battle-line whatever. 

Iwastherein1969

The "We Thought Mizzou Sucked Only To Find Out We Are The One Who Sucks" Bowl
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

TheGrove68

Quote from: hotdog hog on November 23, 2017, 09:42:34 pm
This is the exact quote that was in just about every post I read from LSU fans about the Arkansas LSU ballgame. They never considered us a rival and paid for it on many occasions. So far, Mizzou seems to be the Hogs in the rivalry and us LSU. We better figure it out soon or continue to suffer the consequences. I can promise you it's a rivalry to them.

NO it's not a rivalry for us at all....but we do like beating you guys because it seems to chap your arse that you have to play us and your fan base tends to see us as beneath you.
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

31to6

Quote from: TheGrove68 on November 23, 2017, 11:50:33 pm
NO it's not a rivalry for us at all....but we do like beating you guys because it seems to chap your arse that you have to play us and your fan base tends to see us as beneath you.
It is not losing to you that chaps our ass.

It is that losing to you makes it painfully apparent how far our program has fallen.

It is the same as struggling to beat the Aggies, or even MSU.

leroyhawg

The ky3 let's their bias show bowl, wth does north central Arkansas have to put up with this bull butter
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

kp72204

Quote from: TheGrove68 on November 23, 2017, 11:50:33 pm
This!!!!!!! Nothing i can say will make are W/L record better.