Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Mizzou loses tonight we are tied for 4th in SEC

Started by -Blu, February 22, 2014, 05:31:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

opineonswine

On the subject of Missouri...what a loser of a state.  NOTHING...and I do mean...NOTHING...redemptive of the whole state.

B  O  R  I  N  G!!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: opineonswine on February 23, 2014, 05:15:58 pm
On the subject of Missouri...what a loser of a state.  NOTHING...and I do mean...NOTHING...redemptive of the whole state.

B  O  R  I  N  G!!
I've lived in AR my entire life and would not leave under any circumstance but really? Missouri is much more fun of a state than AR. There's that whole St. Louis place, oh and KC...

I'll be right there with ya in knowing Haith is taking them straight to hell but in no way is AR a more fun state than MO. And I realize how unpopular that is to say on here lol

TheOtherColombia

B  O  R  I  N  G!!

I have lived in AR the last 20 years, and there are some really nice things about Arkansas and I am happy to call it home now, but that is just nonsense.  Have you ever been?  I am of the opinion of don't knock something till you try it. 

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: opineonswine on February 23, 2014, 05:14:48 pm
uhhh...he got fired.  Look it up.  You've probably forgotten.

I am aware he got fired, that is why I said I didn't like them firing him but I understood why they did.  His off the court behavior was affecting his on the court performance and the reputation of the university (think Petrino). He wasn't fired because he couldn't coach basketball.  So before you make smart aleck comments, read the whole post please. 

Wild Bill Hog

I do like Table Rock.  I'm not much of a big city guy so St. Louis and K.C. don't really appeal to me.  Plus I'm really old too.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 05:13:34 pm
That's a nice post, I agree with you. Not sure if you were here, but the number of Mizzou posters were about 100 to 1 what they are this season. And many of us Hog fans told them the great (not counting being ousted by norfolk st) 1st season under Haith was merely an aberration and you guys wouldn't have another season like that under him. Also said, the further you guys got away from MA's tenure the worse you would be under Haith and iirc, you guys have gotten worse each season.

You're a reasonable person/fan (we don't get much of that from our own fans) but I'm just letting you know why you might catch a lot more flak than you deserve. Those Mizzou people who were guaranteeing us that Haith was the savior haven't exactly been present much lately.

Good luck at UGA, previous results say otherwise, but I have a feeling you guys will win that one.

I try to be objective.  Since I have spent 20 years in AR I have watched a lot of hog football and basketball.  There never was a conflict of interest until Missouri joined the SEC :)  And even with that happening, I have been watching the hogs for so long now that I haven't been able to quit them. 

And yeah, I was around and involved in all that but I am pretty sure that I have always beat the drum of wait and see with Haith.  As of yet, I haven't put my "faith in Haith".

Danny J

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 05:10:51 pm
We haven't hit mess just yet, I blame Alden
And I just inferred from your reply that you also expect it sometime down the road and I expect it within 2 years. I think his problem stems from team chemistry and cobbling together teams from transfers.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 05:33:01 pm
I try to be objective.  Since I have spent 20 years in AR I have watched a lot of hog football and basketball.  There never was a conflict of interest until Missouri joined the SEC :)  And even with that happening, I have been watching the hogs for so long now that I haven't been able to quit them. 

And yeah, I was around and involved in all that but I am pretty sure that I have always beat the drum of wait and see with Haith.  As of yet, I haven't put my "faith in Haith".
I just don't see Haith getting it done. B/c of people talking trash, it ruins any thoughts of rooting for local teams. Otherwise I would have no problem rooting for OU, OSU, Mizzou. As it stands, I kind of root for Mizzou in football (probably not after 2014 season) and root against them more than anyone in basketball.
I don't mind the ones who expressed outward frustration over MA leaving. It was the ones who pretended to be fine with it and then hate on him every possible second.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on February 23, 2014, 05:33:31 pm
And I just inferred from your reply that you also expect it sometime down the road and I expect it within 2 years. I think his problem stems from team chemistry and cobbling together teams from transfers.

Yes, the JWIII class from this year and next years class will tell the tale.  I don't know if he will be able to coach those kids up but building blocks for continuity should start to fall in place.  He had to rely on transfers to get it started, I don't think anyone would disagree with that, but that line of reasoning is running thin and should end starting next year.  The transfer to recruit ratio should start to tip over to the recruit side.  I don't know if the program will completely fall apart, I just don't have any confidence in his ability to transfer the talent he gets into anything.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 05:39:54 pm
I just don't see Haith getting it done. B/c of people talking trash, it ruins any thoughts of rooting for local teams. Otherwise I would have no problem rooting for OU, OSU, Mizzou. As it stands, I kind of root for Mizzou in football (probably not after 2014 season) and root against them more than anyone in basketball.
I don't mind the ones who expressed outward frustration over MA leaving. It was the ones who pretended to be fine with it and then hate on him every possible second.

I have admitted from jump that I wasn't sad when he left.  I just don't like the style of basketball.  It is frustrating as heck to watch.  When it is good it is good, when it is bad it makes you want to put your head through a wall :) 

opineonswine

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 05:19:21 pm
I've lived in AR my entire life and would not leave under any circumstance but really? Missouri is much more fun of a state than AR. There's that whole St. Louis place, oh and KC...

I'll be right there with ya in knowing Haith is taking them straight to hell but in no way is AR a more fun state than MO. And I realize how unpopular that is to say on here lol

Whatever.  KC...B O R I N G.  Seriously boring.  St. Louis?  Really?  Awful city.  Rest of the state....Y   A   W   N

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: opineonswine on February 23, 2014, 05:48:34 pm
Whatever.  KC...B O R I N G.  Seriously boring.  St. Louis?  Really?  Awful city.  Rest of the state....Y   A   W   N

I might agree with you on KC, it is alright to visit but I would never live there.  STL on the other hand, name one place in AR that is comparable to what STL offers. 

opineonswine

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 05:54:26 pm
I might agree with you on KC, it is alright to visit but I would never live there.  STL on the other hand, name one place in AR that is comparable to what STL offers.

Pine Bluff?

opineonswine

Nipsey Mussle

Maybe, just maybe, you're a bit biased.

St. Louis is a great city. I guess Pine Bluff as a pro football team, a major league team, a gateway arch, tons of great restaurants, river boats, etc etc etc. If we polled the entire nation, AR would be outvoted 95% or more to 5 % compared to Missouri.

You've actually ruined/completely lost all credibility in your argument with this nonsense.

TheOtherColombia

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 06:08:15 pm
I work in Pine Bluff as does my wife, what is wrong with Pine Bluff?

As we say in the South, "Bless Your Heart".    ;)

userpick

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 06:08:15 pm
I work in Pine Bluff as does my wife, what is wrong with Pine Bluff?

Other than everything?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 04:30:39 pm
Still here.  Mike didn't build anything at Missouri, we have always been an established basketball brand hence why we suck this year (on Haith not on the kids) and are still in the conversation for the tournament.  He did have one exceptional year at Missouri otherwise, just like at AR, he didn't do hasn't done much.  Have you ever looked at his record during his tenure?  I speak only for me, but I didn't shed any years when Mike left; I didn't like the hire because historically he is strictly a style coach.  I have said on here that I wasn't all that thrilled that they fired Quinn although I understand why they did it.  That being said, Mike has finally shown some flashes of making in game adjustments and maybe he is the guy to bring you all back.  Will be good for SEC hoops if he does.

Mizzou as a program can do better than Haith. They should be consistently top-5 in the SEC. If Mizzou and Arkansas get back to where they should be, this conference will benefit.

Danny J

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 23, 2014, 06:11:16 pm
Mizzou as a program can do better than Haith. They should be consistently top-5 in the SEC. If Mizzou and Arkansas get back to where they should be, this conference will benefit.
I totally agree.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 23, 2014, 06:11:16 pm

Completely agree.

I do understand why Haith went the transfer/JC route (ala Bill Snyder), but at some point he has to start building consistency and continuity.  CMA knew he had time to build a program, and he seems to be doing that.  Maybe Haith didn't feel that option was open to him so he took the route he did to get there quicker.

Bottom line is I think our chance of success over the next few years with CMA compared to Mizzou's with Haith is better.

opineonswine

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 23, 2014, 05:59:57 pm
Maybe, just maybe, you're a bit biased.

St. Louis is a great city. I guess Pine Bluff as a pro football team, a major league team, a gateway arch, tons of great restaurants, river boats, etc etc etc. If we polled the entire nation, AR would be outvoted 95% or more to 5 % compared to Missouri.

You've actually ruined/completely lost all credibility in your argument with this nonsense.

St. Louis is a dump. 

opineonswine

TheOtherColombia

It is just like anywhere else in the world.  Good people that try to make good things happen and bad people that don't care one way or the other.  Pine Bluff has potential, unfortunately it is a rudderless ship.  I have no problems working there.  I work with very good people and my job is pretty fulfilling, when I go home at the end of the day I can rest easy knowing I have done something good.  You seem to have a narrow view of the world, I am truly sad for you.

opineonswine

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 07:27:00 pm
It is just like anywhere else in the world.  Good people that try to make good things happen and bad people that don't care one way or the other.  Pine Bluff has potential, unfortunately it is a rudderless ship.  I have no problems working there.  I work with very good people and my job is pretty fulfilling, when I go home at the end of the day I can rest easy knowing I have done something good.  You seem to have a narrow view of the world, I am truly sad for you.

you so funny

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 23, 2014, 06:29:57 pm
Completely agree.

I do understand why Haith went the transfer/JC route (ala Bill Snyder), but at some point he has to start building consistency and continuity.  CMA knew he had time to build a program, and he seems to be doing that.  Maybe Haith didn't feel that option was open to him so he took the route he did to get there quicker.

Bottom line is I think our chance of success over the next few years with CMA compared to Mizzou's with Haith is better.

He is trying to do that with the class coming in this year and next year, but the question remains can he coach the talent he brings in.  If he goes, I hope they give Fuller a shot.  Stud recruiter and I might be foolish for typing this, but he couldn't be any worse that what we currently have.

TheOtherColombia

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 07:27:00 pm

Don't be.  I am a very happy person.  I think you misunderstood my intent though.  I meant absolutely nothing against Pine Bluff.  I was being facetious.  That's why I put the  ;)  after my post.  True happiness is found in the heart, not in any location.

Sorry if I offended because that was not my intent.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 23, 2014, 07:41:44 pm
Don't be.  I am a very happy person.  I think you misunderstood my intent though.  I meant absolutely nothing against Pine Bluff.  I was being facetious.  That's why I put the  ;)  after my post.  True happiness is found in the heart, not in any location.

Sorry if I offended because that was not my intent.

Removed the quote it was my mistake.  Last part wasn't meant for you that is why I changed it.  Sorry bout that   :)  I think if you read through you can figure out where that was directed.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 07:49:12 pm
Removed the quote it was my mistake.  Last part wasn't meant for you that is why I changed it.  Sorry bout that   :)  I think if you read through you can figure out where that was directed.

Thanks.  I came back to this thread and was thinking I was in Lala land.  No problem, and yes I can now see where your post was directed.  Glad to have you posting here - not that my opinion is worth anything.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 23, 2014, 07:54:53 pm
Thanks.  I came back to this thread and was thinking I was in Lala land.  No problem, and yes I can now see where your post was directed.  Glad to have you posting here - not that my opinion is worth anything.

No problem, I will try to not make a habit of quoting the wrong person going forward  ;)

dgfclt

Quote from: -Blu on February 22, 2014, 10:09:37 pm
This is true, but I think it's easier to keep up with the bubble teams in our league because we are familiar with them.  Mizzou, Ole Miss, LSU, Tennessee, are all bubble teams that happen to be in the SEC.

No doubt about that.

dgfclt

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on February 23, 2014, 05:29:33 pm
I am aware he got fired, that is why I said I didn't like them firing him but I understood why they did.  His off the court behavior was affecting his on the court performance and the reputation of the university (think Petrino). He wasn't fired because he couldn't coach basketball.  So before you make smart aleck comments, read the whole post please.

Technically he resigned didn't he?  Right in the middle of the year.  Everyone probably knows what was coming but I thought I heard he actually resigned.

opineonswine

That's rich.  Defending Quinn?  bwahhahahahaha

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: dgfclt on February 23, 2014, 08:10:21 pm
Technically he resigned didn't he?  Right in the middle of the year.  Everyone probably knows what was coming but I thought I heard he actually resigned.

He did.  Rumor has is it that Alden didn't have the sack to do it himself and sent someone else in his place to let it be known that he wasn't going to be retained at the end of the year. 

The_Iceman

B  O  R  I  N  G!!

Disagree:

opineonswine

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2014, 08:18:00 pm
Disagree:

I'm a Cubs fan and I can even see the immense beauty in that pic.

According to opine, this looks exactly like Pine Bluff.

I haven't seen such stupidity in a thread in awhile, and this is Hogville.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

Snyder had a good thing going until he had a midlife crisis, started doing coke, and messing around with the college girls. One in particular is related to the Waltons. He showed a lot of promise in the beginning, but flamed out.

Next year will be when I start to edge over the fence on Haith, one way or the other. He seems to recruit well, but doesn't seem to control the team on the floor.

WashUhog6

Quote from: opineonswine on February 23, 2014, 06:37:01 pm
St. Louis is a dump.
:o

In all seriousness, I like St. Louis and think it's a good place. But it isn't home.

popcornhog

I know you're just trolling the Mizzou folks, but KC has really improved over the past few years. There are a lot if new restaurants that are very good and a couple of bars downtown by my loft that are spectacular.

Also, Lawrence, KS, which is just shy of an hour away is a very cool town with lots of beautiful women and a solid music scene.

Since I moved up here last year, I've really enjoyed getting to go to NFL and MLB games regularly.

And of course the Cards are in Missouri. Easily my favorite sports team behind the Hogs.

It is cold in Missouri and I will admit that Columbia seems rather boring, but all-in-all it's not so bad.
WPS

Hogfly

Hating on MO is just silly. Columbia is very similar to Fayetteville. St. Louis is an important city in our nation's history and a great place to visit (though I couldn't live there even though my wife, as St. Louis native, occasionally makes noise about moving back). KC (though I spend most my time on the Kansas part) is great as well. There's freaking nothing wrong with Missouri. I love the state, even if it isn't Arkansas.

Not to mention, slipping over the state line from Fayetteville into their fishing water seems to be VERY productive for whatever reason.

Hogfly

If we want to talk basketball and make it topical, though:

I'm a regular on a Chiefs message board, and the Mizzou fans there are HATING Haith at this point. They also, of course, hate Arkansas and Mike Anderson, but they're clamoring for Haith's head. They're a pretty down bunch, by and large, though most people on that Chiefs board are pretty cynical and negative about any team they support. It's that kind of place.

Hogwildtwo

Pine Bluff stinks and so does Missouri. So you are both right.  :razorback:

micali

KC is blah. Worlds of fun and Oceans of fun makes it ok.  St. Louis was better. Id never visit the arch again.  That was a  painful visit.  6 flags was fun.  Overall its ok, but its not Arkansas but I'm biased. 

jbcarol

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter ·9 hrs
Since joining the SEC: Missouri football in SEC road games: 5-3; Missouri basketball in SEC road games: 4-13

Dave Matter ‏@Dave_Matter ·10 hrs
Updated story from Athens: Georgia hands Mizzou worst loss of the season http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/georgia-takes-bite-out-of-tigers-tourney-hopes/article_9902fd1d-8215-5c45-b809-4931d75dbd37.html ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net