Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White bass run in Northwest Arkansas

Started by fishinghawgs, March 13, 2013, 07:48:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Verge

TB looked like a madhouse lol.

We caught a few up in Missouri, they were all further downstream. People way up the river said they weren't having any luck. Biting a lot better early AM.

jdelo77

They are moving up river as we speak , a buddy of mine fished yesterday and caught a ton , lots of guys throwing Alabama rigs and catching fish !

twistitup

I saw a few guys trowing the A rig too.....saw them catch a few. They are moving with the night temps being so high - the next week should be good if the big rains will hold off.

I'm sticking with white & silver colors, it's been my go to for years.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rickmick

Does anyone know if they are at War Eagle Mill Area?

twistitup

Quote from: rickmick on April 17, 2013, 01:22:52 pm
Does anyone know if they are at War Eagle Mill Area?

Jdelow should know....I fish the twin bridges area because it's convenient to my house.

jdelo77

They weren't at two dollar hole last Friday , but they might have moved up that far with this warmer weather

rickmick

Quote from: jdelow77 on April 17, 2013, 03:27:11 pm
They weren't at two dollar hole last Friday , but they might have moved up that far with this warmer weather

Thanks, It maybe Monday before I get there but I will report back.

jdelo77

Word is white has come up 3 feet ! Little sugar is at a record high , so is spavinaw , this is really really going to screw things up !

twistitup

Quote from: jdelow77 on April 18, 2013, 04:07:37 pm
Word is white has come up 3 feet ! Little sugar is at a record high , so is spavinaw , this is really really going to screw things up !

I just drove over TB and it is very high, swift and chocolate colored....I bet it came up 4 feet or more,

3 inches of rain will do crazy things.

jdelo77

Wow , fishing is screwed for the time being !

fishinghawgs

Has anyone been white bass fishing since the storm? Has the water settled down? Are you catching whites in the White river and up the War Eagle?

riccoar

Never fished for whites.  Walking around the pond yesterday I noticed a lack of beds for largemouths.  I assume the water temps are way behind this year for all fishing.

twistitup

Quote from: fishinghawgs on April 25, 2013, 07:38:45 am
Has anyone been white bass fishing since the storm? Has the water settled down? Are you catching whites in the White river and up the War Eagle?
I saw a guy carry out a stringer of big females yesterday... Made me hit my brakes for sure.

ATU HOG

Since I only live about 10 minutes from Twin Bridges I went out there for the first time today.  Didn't catch anything, but busted my butt going down to the that little slope to the river and slipped going up lol.

Gonna head back out there tomorrow or sunday hopefully.

How far down do I need to go?  I stayed relatively close to the ramp since I've never been there before.

jdelo77

Go as far as you can , stay away in prime hours ( 10 am-4pm) that's when it will be a mad house !

jdelo77

ATU HOG

jdelo77

Richland is flowing chocolate milk into the white , logs and trash floating down river , it will come down in the next few days , and should be good by Wednesday

micali

The white river by Bertrand was clear and flowing. Nothing biting.

Jeremy T

Took a quick trip to the $2 hole today, water is clearing up but nothing was biting if ghey are up there. Went yesterday to the white, caught one little crappie. If there are any bow hunters, carp are in the shallows spawning. Go up blue springs or war eagle.

twistitup

fishinghawgs

I went to twin bridges (white river) yesterday. We caught 7 in the morning. In the afternoon we went to Richland and caught 13. Two had eggs. Fly fishermen seemed to be catching as many as they wanted.
Do you experts think they will still be up the rivers next Monday after the cold rains and cool down?

BroyledNutts

Quote from: fishinghawgs on May 02, 2013, 04:31:08 pm
I went to twin bridges (white river) yesterday. We caught 7 in the morning. In the afternoon we went to Richland and caught 13. Two had eggs. Fly fishermen seemed to be catching as many as they wanted.
Do you experts think they will still be up the rivers next Monday after the cold rains and cool down?

They will be - they may move out of shallower water to deeper holes and wait for warmer current to trigger them again...fish below shoals and in deeper areas, on or near the bottom, near channel edges, and slow down...if the weather will stabilize for a couple days, they will get active again. White, yellow, bright colors right now.

jdelo77

Any one get out the last few days ? If so what do the rivers look like ?

twistitup

Quote from: jdelow77 on May 07, 2013, 03:56:21 pm
Any one get out the last few days ? If so what do the rivers look like ?
River color and level are awesome....some people are still fishing, but I have not been out in several days. I will try it tomorrow evening. I am guessing that because of the cool weather the run is still happening.

jdelo77

Went to two dollar hole today , water looks good , only caught two small males !!! I don't know what's going on with these fish !

micali

How's the White looking? Bertrand area. Thanks

jdelo77

Time to revive this thread , any caught any whites up
Twin bridges or war eagle ?

twistitup

Cold cold water still, the color is starting to look good but big rain coming. It's still a bit early for TB.....there are fish between 412 & Twin bridges

jdelo77

Anyone know what the rivers look like after this rain ?

twistitup

Quote from: jdelow77 on March 29, 2014, 01:58:49 pm
Anyone know what the rivers look like after this rain ?
I drove over Bl spring bridge 45 min ago and the water looked good, not muddy like I expected  - just a little  windy and cool

jdelo77

twistitup

Twin Bridges area - 1.5 hrs of wading and casting a white/ silver rooster tail. I wish I could have stayed longer.....couldn't.

9 fish / 4 females w eggs

It's happening, let's hope we don't get a flood tonight.

fishinghawgs

Anybody catching any whites. My sons have been a couple of times but have not seen much action.

fishinghawgs

We caught about 50 females yesterday at the white river. The water is still high. I'm guessing today will be the last good day for a while with the rain and cold weather coming in.

fishinghawgs

Hey Twist and JD do you know where the females are on the white river? Last week we were catching them at that far gravel bar down from the twin bridges (you know the long hike), the last few days we've only caught males. Do you know if they have moved further up?

jdelo77

I fished  War eagle yesterday from the cemetery hole to the mill , not a single white only tiny black bass, i have focused on crappie this year and get my head in the game for whites, i need to get it together and start fishing for them before its too late...

twistitup

I caught them really good early and switched to crappie. Lots of guys still fishing the second bridge-

They move in waves, it's not over mine still had yellow eggs, when the eggs get bloody it's almost over .

ATU HOG

Probably going to twin bridges tomorrow morning.  Never experienced a white bass run before, what to throw and where to go.  How far down would be best to walk once we get there?

twistitup

Quote from: ATU HOG on April 23, 2014, 02:36:21 pm
Probably going to twin bridges tomorrow morning.  Never experienced a white bass run before, what to throw and where to go.  How far down would be best to walk once we get there?

Id go to the first gravel bar and cast along the channel edge with silver / white small spinner - rooster tail style or a small soft shad swim bait rigged to proper jig head. Good luck, I hope you catch 'em

snoblind

Quote from: twistitup on April 23, 2014, 03:15:24 pm
Id go to the first gravel bar and cast along the channel edge with silver / white small spinner - rooster tail style or a small soft shad swim bait rigged to proper jig head. Good luck, I hope you catch 'em

I've always liked Road Runners, white or chartruse also. And small Shad Raps.

jdelo77

Went below the mill today , caught about 10 only two keepers ! Going back tomorrow !

jdelo77

Just a few small bass and some huge suckers ! Snagged them by accident

snoblind

Quote from: jdelow77 on April 26, 2014, 09:19:48 pm
Just a few small bass and some huge suckers ! Snagged them by accident

All these years I've never been able to snag a sucker even when I was trying.  Did snag a paddle fish once that probably threatened the state record.  Took me probably 30 minutes to get it to the boat.  Couldn't get it in the boat and it was the days before camera phones.

jdelo77

Are these things still running ? Thought about giving them one more shot !

twistitup

People are still fishing for them around twin bridges. Boats are still running up the river...I assume they are still being caught. Crappie are biting great too- trolling small bandits has been fun

jdelo77

Went again on Sunday, not a bite, too much going on to many people and didnt see a single white, lots of shad running through the river right now, and some big bass as well, I think the whites might be done in war eagle for the year... any being Caught out at Twin twist ?

twistitup

Quote from: jdelo77 on May 06, 2014, 04:32:50 pm
Went again on Sunday, not a bite, too much going on to many people and didnt see a single white, lots of shad running through the river right now, and some big bass as well, I think the whites might be done in war eagle for the year... any being Caught out at Twin twist ?

No...it's done, just folks getting sunburnt. Very true about shad, lots of them. Crappie, bass, and cats are all biting well. Sat night I had 10 nice catfish on one 20 hook line - 30# of blues and channels.